• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NiallNWD

The Haunting of the Hollywood Sign

Hi there guys 

Here I will explain you all some interesting facts
There was the times happening in 1932 (eighty eight year ago ) where the famously landmark in the central region called The Hollywood Sign 
Back then it used to be called HollywoodLand but then later on it changed to Hollywood.

Anyway on to the part , the Hollywood sign is believably haunted by a ghost of the Actress who is called Peg Entwistle ,
Peg or her full name is called Millicent Lilian "Peg" Entwistle  is born in 1908 in Wales  and she have a very sad life when I read all about her. 
She wanted to be the actress in Hollywood and dream to become a star in Hollywood Film , whenever happened she eventually got her chance to be in the film called 
"Thirteen Woman"  but all her scene she was in were cut short to four minutes and the film didn't do well and she learnt about it and felt very depressed . 
On the night  of September 18th, Peg told her uncle that she was going to meet some friends at a nearby drug store, but this was a sad lie.

She taken hike up the hill to where the Hollywood Sign  and when she got there she took off her coat  shoes and her bag and placed them neatly before climbing up to 50 feet up a workman’s ladder to the top of the “H” and plunged to her death.  She was 24 years old when that happened .......
Her remains were found by anonymous walker  two days later and they found her stuff and in her bag contained a letter , a  suicide  note says "I am afraid, I am a coward. I am sorry for everything. If I had done this a long time ago, it would have saved a lot of pain. P.E.”. 
Even though the day after her death a letter came asking her to be in the new film but she never did ...

Years or perhaps decades after her death  people began report seeing a ghost  

Here are some of the documented sightings of Peg's ghost:

The Hollywood sign stands atop Mount Lee in Griffith Park, just west of the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale. Over the years, park rangers and have reported seeing a pretty blonde woman dressed in 1930s clothing wandering the park's paths. She is described as looking sad, and when she is approached, she vanishes.

As a couple was walking their dog along the Beachwood Canyon trail of the park, their dog began to behave strangely, whimpering and cowering behind them. Suddenly, a woman in out-of-date clothing appeared on the trail in front of them, appearing dazed or confused. She vanished before their eyes.

John Arbogast, a park ranger, claims to have seen Peg's ghost on several occasions. He says she most often appears late at night when conditions are foggy, and she is often accompanied by the strong scent of gardenias, said to be Peg's favorite fragrance.

Devin Morgan, a resident of Beachwood Canyon, also can verify the gardenia connection. One afternoon she was taking an exercise hike up the trail near the sign. As she made her way around one of the switchbacks, she noticed the figure of a woman on another part of the trail."She looked very strange to me," Morgan said. "She had a very etheric quality. Instead of walking, she seemed to almost glide. She wasn't floating... she didn't look like she was a ghost, but there was something very, very strange about her, and very soft looking." Morgan attempted to catch up with this woman, but she had vanished, and the only thing in her place was the intense scent of gardenias.

Most recently, four friends encountered the ghost, a story that was featured on Syfy's Paranormal Witness. The friends — Tina, Alain, Brian, and Al — after a game at Dodger Stadium, decided to go touch the famous Hollywood sign. Although the area is off-limits to trespassers, they jumped the fence and headed up.
On their way back down, Brian slipped and fell part way down the hill. As he began to make his way back toward the others, he saw someone on the path walking toward him. "It was a woman, wearing a dress similar to the style of the 1930s," according to the Syfy story. "She wore heels and a veil over her face. She walked effortlessly up the hill. Her footsteps made no sound." It was only later that they read about the story of Peg Entwistle.

And that the sad story of the fallen actress who commits suicide on the Hollywood Signs , well guys what you think ?

4704_128475259679.jpg

• Love 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

Thank you for posting. Very Interesting.

Your Welcome ArcticThunder 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

Yeah it's fucking scary!

Paranormal Witness  did the ghost much scary as well

• Love 1
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NiallNWD said:

Paranormal Witness  did the ghost much scary as well

This what it look like on Paranormal Witness   

Lady_in_White_1.png

d6d630379f607281c4af742b87ff5e59.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

33 minutes ago, NiallNWD said:

This what it look like on Paranormal Witness   

Lady_in_White_1.png

d6d630379f607281c4af742b87ff5e59.jpg

I didn't see it, my friend did he told me it was so scary(he gets scared of things easily) I stopped going to paranormal places coz bad things started to happen to me. Before you ask yeah I was going alone LOLz....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

I didn't see it, my friend did he told me it was so scary(he gets scared of things that not so scary at all) I stopped going to paranormal places coz bad things started to happen to me. Before you ask yeah I was going alone LOLz....

In the word of that guy - " I've got a bad feeling about this "

• Haha 1

This story is hella intriguing, chilling, and sad, and it sucks to see that Peg took her life so young. I think her haunting the Hollywood Sign reflects how much she loved Hollywood, and her being unable to let go of the fact that she was cut to 4 mins after much struggle to land a role.  Also, her haunting feels like she's there to warn other aspiring actresses/actors the perils of sinking in too deep into the industry. I am so intrigued by this story that i went to google further, and found this video by Hayley Reese 

It was chilling after I saw the images... guess I won't be sleeping tonight! 

Thank you for sharing in-depth regarding this story! Love the bit where you shared about the sightings by the 4 friends ( on Syfy's Paranormal Witness) @NiallNWD

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry that I missed this before. 

Very interesting reading and thanks for sharing bud. 

I just saw this video so thought I'd add it here

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It is interesting to point out that when you have a good story being conveyed by multiple sources it is still fascinating. EWU could cover this story in a video and it would still be fresh and certainly better.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 8:22 PM, ArcticThunder said:

It is interesting to point out that when you have a good story being conveyed by multiple sources it is still fascinating. EWU could cover this story in a video and it would still be fresh and certainly better.

Deffinitally! Would love to have an EWU video on this. 

• Love 1