• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

3 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I have to bring a cooler with a ton of food and a bbq to cook when we go out. Being allergic to dairy sucks! 

I bought the chain saw for exploring in the mountains where there are a lot of trees, not needed much in the desert, but still good to have as you never know. 

I have a roof rack in my garage, but after I put it on, it started to rust and leave rust all over the roof. Maybe I should take it to line-x and get it sprayed...

YES! Do it....That is what I did with mine. I swear Line-X is the best stuff ever lol. Kind of the reason why I'm about to get my whole Commander coated in it! I mean a cooler isn't bad to carry. You can get the refrigerated units you can put in the back of your 4runner if you run the roof rack. That way you don't have to worry about Ice and its just tied to your vehicles battery. Could even get it its own battery if needed. Should be room somewhere for it!

• Thanks 1

Do you remember what they charged you to line-x your roof rack? I asked them about lining my whole RAM too, and they said about $5,000! I am seriously considering it because it's getting scratched to hell! 

A small refer would be nice, might have to look into one. I had one a while back, but my Armada had some electrical gremlins and kept blowing fuses. 

16 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Do you remember what they charged you to line-x your roof rack? I asked them about lining my whole RAM too, and they said about $5,000! I am seriously considering it because it's getting scratched to hell! 

A small refer would be nice, might have to look into one. I had one a while back, but my Armada had some electrical gremlins and kept blowing fuses. 

Like the whole outside and the bed or just the bed? If its just the bed then they are ripping you off. If it is for the whole thing its about that. They were quoting me around 3200 but the Commander isn't as big as the Ram. 

If you aren't into the MRE's a good fridge isn't bad to have for long trips. 

I just realised you said the roof rack. It was like 500 for the rack, but you can spray the roof rack yourself if you buy the cans of Line-x. 

31 minutes ago, Shikezi said:

Like the whole outside and the bed or just the bed? If its just the bed then they are ripping you off. If it is for the whole thing its about that. They were quoting me around 3200 but the Commander isn't as big as the Ram. 

If you aren't into the MRE's a good fridge isn't bad to have for long trips. 

Yeah, that's to spray the entire exterior of the RAM. The bed is about $600, which I went for the version with sun protection to keep the shine. My vehicles are garaged, so it will probably look brand new for a long time. 

On 12/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, EWU Bob said:

I have always been leery about airing down too low, I worry about breaking a bead. Are you running load range E tires? 

I seen the Bubba rope on Amazon, I wonder if it's worth the price, or if the 40,000 pounds 22% elasticity strap is enough? That mud can be tricky, you think it's solid and then you suddenly sink up to the frame in mud! I guess some good mud tires would take care of that issue. 

Hey Sir Bob.....On Matt's Off Road Recovery Channel, which I watch as well, those straps he uses are pretty awesome.  

https://yankum.com/

Not cheap, but what is these days?

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 9:38 PM, Rustednut63 said:

Hey Sir Bob.....On Matt's Off Road Recovery Channel, which I watch as well, those straps he uses are pretty awesome.  

https://yankum.com/

Not cheap, but what is these days?

The Yankum rope looks pretty nice, and the price isn't too bad if you end up needing it! I used my current snatch strap twice this last week in snow. Not sure if the Yankum would have been better, but I have been trying to get the hang of it by getting into some not so serious situations.