• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Many of you probably remember the bizarre case of Macin Smith. We covered his story in a YouTube video until Macin's family sent us a cease and desist letter and threatened legal action for using photos of him. In addition, Macin's uncle had published a bizarre YouTube ranting and raving about our video (it has since been deleted). He was especially peeved that I wore a crop top in the video and @EWU Bob wore sunglasses.

OUR VIDEO IS UNLISTED, BUT YOU CAN STILL WATCH IT HERE: https://youtu.be/lR027sCoAQo

For those who need a quick recap regarding Macin's case, Macin was 17 years old when he somehow vanished from his home without a trace. He had no driver's license, no car, no mode of transportation, yet he disappeared completely and remains a missing person to this day.

While coming home from school the day before he disappeared, he texted his mom a screenshot of his good grades and asked if they were good enough to watch anime.

Macin and his mother had an agreement that if he pulled his grades up, he would be able to stay up later and watch anime. However, Macin's dad had just arrived home after being gone at a construction job the entire summer. It seems that Macin's dad was more strict than Macin's mother, and he wanted Macin to go practice driving with him that night. His return seemed to shift the family dynamic.

ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGE

anime.PNG.9c49ecea7d15dedb0328f22ed9a3c41c.PNG

Macin's mother texted him back that he would need to go driving with his father first.

ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGE

anime21.PNG.404225e51e7c1c2a1c4ebae4d33e5c30.PNG

According to his family, Macin was afraid of driving. He had struggled with social anxiety after being bullied in middle school in Canada, and they had just moved to St. George. That night, he said he wasn't feeling well and went to bed early, seemingly to avoid driving with his father.

It didn't seem that Macin and his mother's agreement was honored. Macin's mother unplugged the internet modem that night because she was "lazy" - she stated that she would usually confiscate the cord and hide it, but she didn't the night before Macin disappeared. This raised a lot of eyebrows, as Macin was 17 years old and this seemed to be quite strict - not to mention the fact that they had an agreement that if Macin pulled his grades up, he could stay up and watch anime.

According to family, everyone went to bed. However, later that night, Macin's father stated that he saw a glow under Macin's door. He stated this was at 1:30 AM. Macin had plugged the modem back in and was up on his laptop. Macin's father stated he confiscated all of Macin's electronics - his laptop, his phone, everything. Interestingly enough, Macin had wiped his search history at 12:30 AM - an HOUR before his father stated he confiscated his electronics.

The next morning, Macin's mother stated they heard him in the kitchen getting ready for school and they assumed he was leaving for the school bus.

He never arrived back home and was never seen again. They waited until 10:30 that night to call police. The police officer told his family he would be out searching for Macin, so they went to bed and did not search for him that night.

However, there is conflicting information regarding what happened that morning.

According to some articles, Macin's parents didn't see him that morning - they only heard him getting ready in the kitchen.

According to others, Macin was last spotted by his mother that morning, and according to even MORE articles, Macin's dad went and knocked on Macin's door that morning to ensure he was awake.

“We heard him in the kitchen, getting ready for school, which is normal. We assumed he was leaving for the bus,” Tracey said.

https://gephardtdaily.com/local/exclusive-macin-smiths-parents-discuss-year-of-turmoil-father-reveals-he-took-lie-detector-test-after-sons-disappearance/

Macin Smith was last seen by his mother, Tracey Smith of St. George, Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. when she woke him for school.

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/09/04/rsw-missing-macin-smith/#.V8YIDZjR8XY

“Darrin went and knocked on Macin’s door to ensure he was awake. After waking up Macin, Darrin went back into his bedroom and went to sleep.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/5/16/20673506/police-focused-missing-utah-teen-case-on-parents#macin-smith

His room was searched, and they realized he took NOTHING with him. Of course, since all of his electronics had been confiscated, he hadn't taken his phone or laptop.

Six days later after he vanished, Macin's mother claims that she was searching his room again for any clues. She then discovered a multiple page note "hidden" in Macin's wallet. The contents of this note have never been released, but she stated two words that are apparently in the letter: "I'm done".

Many have speculated that perhaps Macin was gay and expressed this in his letter, which would explain why his family would refuse to release it. His mother was a member of the LDS Church and his father was agnostic. However, there is no evidence that Macin was gay.

Large search crews combed the entire area surrounding Macin's home, but he has never been found. The most recent developments show that police focused the case on the parents.

https://www.deseret.com/2019/5/16/20673506/police-focused-missing-utah-teen-case-on-parents#macin-smith

What are your theories on what happened to Macin Smith? 🤔

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, DavidFromTexas said:

There’s something VERY dirty/suspicious about a family trying to shut down people who are bringing  awareness over a missing loved one.  

Right! We've covered a lot of cases now, and this is one of the only videos that received this type of reaction from family (the only other being the April Pitzer case, which is extremely fishy as well). We couldn't believe Macin's uncle made a video bashing us for trying to spread awareness about Macin's case. They also have someone who constantly goes around monitoring threads and discussions around the internet regarding Macin's case - wouldn't be surprised if he shows up here, but it seems there may have been a split between them. 🤔

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

27 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

Many of you probably remember the bizarre case of Macin Smith. We covered his story in a YouTube video until Macin's family sent us a cease and desist letter and threatened legal action for using photos of him. In addition, Macin's uncle had published a bizarre YouTube ranting and raving about our video (it has since been deleted). He was especially peeved that I wore a crop top in the video and @EWU Bob wore sunglasses.

OUR VIDEO IS UNLISTED, BUT YOU CAN STILL WATCH IT HERE: https://youtu.be/lR027sCoAQo

For those who need a quick recap regarding Macin's case, Macin was 17 years old when he somehow vanished from his home without a trace. He had no driver's license, no car, no mode of transportation, yet he disappeared completely and remains a missing person to this day.

While coming home from school the day before he disappeared, he texted his mom a screenshot of his good grades and asked if they were good enough to watch anime.

Macin and his mother had an agreement that if he pulled his grades up, he would be able to stay up later and watch anime. However, Macin's dad had just arrived home after being gone at a construction job the entire summer. It seems that Macin's dad was more strict than Macin's mother, and he wanted Macin to go practice driving with him that night. His return seemed to shift the family dynamic.

ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGE

anime.PNG.9c49ecea7d15dedb0328f22ed9a3c41c.PNG

Macin's mother texted him back that he would need to go driving with his father first.

ACTUAL TEXT MESSAGE

anime21.PNG.404225e51e7c1c2a1c4ebae4d33e5c30.PNG

According to his family, Macin was afraid of driving. He had struggled with social anxiety after being bullied in middle school in Canada, and they had just moved to St. George. That night, he said he wasn't feeling well and went to bed early, seemingly to avoid driving with his father.

It didn't seem that Macin and his mother's agreement was honored. Macin's mother unplugged the internet modem that night because she was "lazy" - she stated that she would usually confiscate the cord and hide it, but she didn't the night before Macin disappeared. This raised a lot of eyebrows, as Macin was 17 years old and this seemed to be quite strict - not to mention the fact that they had an agreement that if Macin pulled his grades up, he could stay up and watch anime.

According to family, everyone went to bed. However, later that night, Macin's father stated that he saw a glow under Macin's door. He stated this was at 1:30 AM. Macin had plugged the modem back in and was up on his laptop. Macin's father stated he confiscated all of Macin's electronics - his laptop, his phone, everything. Interestingly enough, Macin had wiped his search history at 12:30 AM - an HOUR before his father stated he confiscated his electronics.

The next morning, Macin's mother stated they heard him in the kitchen getting ready for school and they assumed he was leaving for the school bus.

He never arrived back home and was never seen again. They waited until 10:30 that night to call police. The police officer told his family he would be out searching for Macin, so they went to bed and did not search for him that night.

However, there is conflicting information regarding what happened that morning.

According to some articles, Macin's parents didn't see him that morning - they only heard him getting ready in the kitchen.

According to others, Macin was last spotted by his mother that morning, and according to even MORE articles, Macin's dad went and knocked on Macin's door that morning to ensure he was awake.

https://gephardtdaily.com/local/exclusive-macin-smiths-parents-discuss-year-of-turmoil-father-reveals-he-took-lie-detector-test-after-sons-disappearance/

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2015/09/04/rsw-missing-macin-smith/#.V8YIDZjR8XY

His room was searched, and they realized he took NOTHING with him. Of course, since all of his electronics had been confiscated, he hadn't taken his phone or laptop.

Six days later after he vanished, Macin's mother claims that she was searching his room again for any clues. She then discovered a multiple page note "hidden" in Macin's wallet. The contents of this note have never been released, but she stated two words that are apparently in the letter: "I'm done".

Many have speculated that perhaps Macin was gay and expressed this in his letter, which would explain why his family would refuse to release it. His mother was a member of the LDS Church and his father was agnostic. However, there is no evidence that Macin was gay.

Large search crews combed the entire area surrounding Macin's home, but he has never been found. The most recent developments show that police focused the case on the parents.

What are your theories on what happened to Macin Smith? 🤔

Reminds me a bit of Tyler Stice mystery.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Martin Kolesar said:

Reminds me a bit of Tyler Stice mystery.

Speaking of the Tyler Stice mystery, we have TONS of details that need to be released! I should probably make a thread on that later after editing today! We wouldn't even be able to include the details in a YouTube video since YouTube has started to restrict what content you can make so much.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

YouTube is horrible that treats creators even worse anymore.  Taking 50% of Superchats, their ridiculous restrictions.....  

I especially like how they will demonetize a video, yet will still show ads 🙄

The sad part is the majority of people have zero idea what creators are having to deal with, thus resulting in viewers getting upset at the creators. 

• Love 3
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

YouTube is horrible that treats creators like even worse.  Taking 50% of Superchats, their ridiculous restrictions.....  

I especially like how they will demonetize a video, yet will still show ads 🙄

The sad part is the majority of people have zero idea what creators are having to deal with, thus resulting in viewers getting upset at the creators. 

I couldn't agree more! A small segment of people tried to say we were lying about not being able to include nitty gritty details regarding cases. They didn't believe that YouTube has been throttling videos and cracking down on anything that doesn't just appeal to babies. Next thing you know, the biggest true crime creator had one of her videos deleted and received a strike. YouTube hasn't even told her why. Hopefully YouTube will either wake up or a new platform will come along eventually! A lot of people recommend some small sites, but if anything is going to overtake YouTube, it'll have to have some sort of monetization set up so creators can fund their content. That's the biggest thing holding a YouTube competitor back!

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

Speaking of the Tyler Stice mystery, we have TONS of details that need to be released! I should probably make a thread on that later after editing today! We wouldn't even be able to include the details in a YouTube video since YouTube has started to restrict what content you can make so much.

You should try to talk to his father again. There was also a guy in the comments that was supposedly his cousin. I think it would be useful to ask him about Tyler too.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EWU Emma said:

I couldn't agree more! A small segment of people tried to say we were lying about not being able to include nitty gritty details regarding cases. They didn't believe that YouTube has been throttling videos and cracking down on anything that doesn't just appeal to babies. Next thing you know, the biggest true crime creator had one of her videos deleted and received a strike. YouTube hasn't even told her why. Hopefully YouTube will either wake up or a new platform will come along eventually! A lot of people recommend some small sites, but if anything is going to overtake YouTube, it'll have to have some sort of monetization set up so creators can fund their content. That's the biggest thing holding a YouTube competitor back!

Why would people think you are faking it? So annoying! I watch a lot of True Crime youtubers and a few of them have mentioned they have to watch what they say now...totally unfair and bogus

• Love 3
  • Like 4

If I remember correctly, wasn’t there a missing rifle associated with this case?

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I’ve heard scenarios where people stash up money on the side and end up running away, so maybe he did that to get away from there? It sounds like a pretty emotionally abusive relation between him and his family, and I don’t blame him from wanting to get away, especially if he did happen to be gay and they weren’t very accepting. And the family could be trying to hide how terrible they are, so they’re monitoring everything they can

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Neighborhoodslav said:

I’ve heard scenarios where people stash up money on the side and end up running away, so maybe he did that to get away from there? It sounds like a pretty emotionally abusive relation between him and his family, and I don’t blame him from wanting to get away, especially if he did happen to be gay and they weren’t very accepting. And the family could be trying to hide how terrible they are, so they’re monitoring everything they can

But he left his wallet that still had money in it.

ETA: Saying the supposed wallet wasn’t a plant that the mom didn’t notice right off the bat of a 3 page folded note. 

And who leaves a suicide note in their wallet  

• Love 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I guess if I were in that situation, I would leave as quick as I can, and sometimes the adrenaline rush can make people overlook things, or he didn’t wanna raise too much suspicion- but I totally see where you’re coming from. I would wanna take as much money as I could

• Love 2
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, allllerrrzzzz said:

Why would people think you are faking it? So annoying! I watch a lot of True Crime youtubers and a few of them have mentioned they have to watch what they say now...totally unfair and bogus

Yeah, there's always a segment of people who try to say every YouTuber is lying or faking everything. 🤣 It's especially ridiculous when it's well known in the true crime community. It's a shame, too, because these videos help spread awareness and bring light to important topics. It always sucks not knowing what YouTube will crack down on next, especially considering true crime is covered on TV without ANY issues. Heck, they even have ads running in between. I'm really not sure what YouTube is going for at this point.

9 minutes ago, Rocky said:

If I remember correctly, wasn’t there a missing rifle associated with this case?

In the Tyler Stice case, but not the Macin Smith case. 🙂

• Love 2
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

ETA: Saying the supposed wallet wasn’t a plant that the mom didn’t notice right off the bat of a 3 page folded note. 

And who leaves a suicide note in their wallet  

Yeah, I've heard other people wonder about the note, too, and how a multiple page note could be folded up and hidden inside the wallet. 🤔

• Love 2
  • Like 5

I’ve tried it Emma, as I’m sure yourself or Bob has.  It’s VERY noticeable.  And why would she look in his wallet after her son had been missing for I think 2 or 3 days at this point, and not SEARCH it.  🤔 Makes no sense 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I’ve tried it Emma, as I’m sure yourself or Bob has.  It’s VERY noticeable.  And why would she look in his wallet after her son had been missing for I think 2 or 3 days at this point, and not SEARCH it.  🤔 Makes no sense 

Exactly! I've also always wondered how they could have slept the night he disappeared and just let the police officer go and look for him. I think most parents wouldn't be able to just go to sleep without going and looking themselves, but of course, that's just my opinion.

• Love 3
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

Exactly! I've also always wondered how they could have slept the night he disappeared and just let the police officer go and look for him. I think most parents wouldn't be able to just go to sleep without going and looking themselves, but of course, that's just my opinion.

I’ve been a cop now for 18 years,  and in all that times I’ve seen various reactions from missing persons.  The one common factor in my personal experience is 99% of the time we are called after parents have torn the house apart, called the school, called friends, gone by local hang out spots, posted on social media asking if anyone knows where the missing person is at, etc.  

Granted, I don’t know/remember what all happened when they noticed him missing, but this case is throwing up all kinds of red flags.  

• Love 5
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I’ve been a cop now for 18 years,  and in all that times I’ve seen various reactions from missing persons.  The one common factor in my personal experience is 99% of the time we are called after parents have torn the house apart, called the school, called friends, gone by local hang out spots, posted on social media asking if anyone knows where the missing person is at, etc.  

Granted, I don’t know/remember what all happened when they noticed him missing, but this case is throwing up all kinds of red flags.  

Exactly! It's hard to believe that it took DAYS to actually tear the room apart enough to find a hidden note in the wallet.

Yeah, there's A LOT of red flags. If you watch the Disappeared episode (not sure if you've already seen it), there's also a lot of strangeness whenever anime is mentioned. Almost seems like they didn't approve of whatever he was watching, which leads into a lot of theories because his mother is Mormon. Also - basing off memory here - pretty sure they stated when they first opened the door after Macin vanished, it was "locked" and they had to FORCE it open... I guess explaining damage to the door. 🤔

• Love 4
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

And that searcher who said something along the lines of, He’s probably buried out here. 

😲 Wut?!? 

We are trying to get the SAR guy who said that to join the forums. Hopefully he will join soon and can expand on that, it's all very interesting. He has some pretty interesting details! 

• Love 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

We are trying to get the SAR guy who said that to join the forums. Hopefully he will join soon and can expand on that, it's all very interesting. He has some pretty interesting details! 

I hope you’re not teasing us! That would be awesome! Especially to get someone with his expertise and knowledge.   Really loving y’alls forum!

• Love 3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I hope you’re not teasing us! That would be awesome! Especially to get someone with his expertise and knowledge.   Really loving y’alls forum!

He has been helping us on some of the cases we have recently covered. He is a good guy and helps us a lot. 

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

So many red flags. And his parents give me the creeps and my alarm goes off. The police should definitely focus on them.. especially the father. I don‘t even know where to start.

First of all I need to mention the lack of effort in finding their missing son. What was more important? Why did they check his wallet 6 days later? One of the first things I would have checked. Was it a handwritten note? Has to be... he had no laptop.  I mean if they don‘t want to release the content that is ok but what about the report that says that it was Macin‘s writing? Why is the police focusing on the parents if the note proofs Macin’s handwritting and the idea of commiting suicide? 

• Like 5