• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Bob

BLM Bureau Of Land Management And Trespassing

20 hours ago, The Area 51 Rider said:

Or permanently install their own mailboxes, pointers, etc. Just saying...

😂😂😂 Very true, good point!

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Being from Texas, we don't have any BLM land to enjoy. My 1st experience going onto BLM land was in southern Arizona when I was looking for the Dragoon Springs stagecoach stop from the mid 1800's. 

Found the dirt road I needed to be on and drove about 12 miles until I came across a gate with the BLM sign on it. I didn't know if I was allowed to go thru the gate or not, but after driving all that way, I wasn't about to turn back. Opened and closed the gate and drove on. Came across 2 more gates with BLM signs and went on thru. Didn't know if I was going to be arrested, shot or whatever, but I hadn't seen a car or person the whole trip. Out in the middle of nowhere....very peaceful. Finally found the road to Dragoon Springs...well, more like a trail. Had to drive thru a creek bed and follow this trail for about 15 miles before I got to my destination. Thank God for GPS!  Had to read up on the BLM land rules and regulations when I got back to civilization. (cheap motel in Tombstone lol)

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

• Love 3

Awesome location, it's so peaceful in the middle of nowhere! It gets addicting! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This guy thinks a mining claims grants exclusive rights to the land  ... 

Trespassing.JPG.c6a88595e2f78f7f8b855d2d345df2e3.JPG

It's funny when someone thinks they know something, but they have no idea what they're talking about. 

loser moron GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

• Love 2

And then there are those who barricade roads with no legal right to do so. Just because they don’t like anyone using public land.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, DAW89446 said:

And then there are those who barricade roads with no legal right to do so. Just because they don’t like anyone using public land.

We just had a situation like that. Some block of entire parcels of land and live on it while pretending it's all private land! 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:40 PM, Rustednut63 said:

Being from Texas, we don't have any BLM land to enjoy. My 1st experience going onto BLM land was in southern Arizona when I was looking for the Dragoon Springs stagecoach stop from the mid 1800's. 

Found the dirt road I needed to be on and drove about 12 miles until I came across a gate with the BLM sign on it. I didn't know if I was allowed to go thru the gate or not, but after driving all that way, I wasn't about to turn back. Opened and closed the gate and drove on. Came across 2 more gates with BLM signs and went on thru. Didn't know if I was going to be arrested, shot or whatever, but I hadn't seen a car or person the whole trip. Out in the middle of nowhere....very peaceful. Finally found the road to Dragoon Springs...well, more like a trail. Had to drive thru a creek bed and follow this trail for about 15 miles before I got to my destination. Thank God for GPS!  Had to read up on the BLM land rules and regulations when I got back to civilization. (cheap motel in Tombstone lol)

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

very pretty love the view's 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

We just had a situation like that. Some block of entire parcels of land and live on it while pretending it's all private land! 

Some simply block trails and roads, with no intention or claim of living on it. They think every two track trail or other unclaimed and unmaintained road is encroaching and leading to destruction of their idea of wilderness, even if there is no wilderness designation. So they build berms, rock barriers, put up illegal signage to “close” the road.

• Like 1

Dragoon Springs stagecoach stop... didn't the Indians murder some people there or something? I think something bad happened there like that if I remember.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SteveHazard said:

Dragoon Springs stagecoach stop... didn't the Indians murder some people there or something? I think something bad happened there like that if I remember.  

Sure did. The only Confederate casualties in Arizona during the civil war happened here. Four soldiers were ordered to round up cattle in the area and were ambushed .Their graves are still there. 

Lot of things happened here in the 1800's. If you were heading west thru the southern route, you stopped here for water. It was also a part of the Butterfield Overland mail system. Geronimo stayed here after his surrender. The Dragoon Mountains were Cochise's stronghold. 

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

• Like 1

Just off the top of my head Dennis, there is a little BLM in California, Oregon, and Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, and a lot of BLM Land in Nevada and Idaho. Nevada is something like 90% BLM land if I remember correctly. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Just off the top of my head Dennis, there is a little BLM in California, Oregon, and Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, and a lot of BLM Land in Nevada and Idaho. Nevada is something like 90% BLM land if I remember correctly. 

Found this site online:

https://www.blm.gov/maps

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 6:28 PM, SarahC said:

very pretty love the view's 

Nice looking truck!

• Love 2

On 1/26/2020 at 8:47 PM, EWU Bob said:

This guy thinks a mining claims grants exclusive rights to the land  ... 

Trespassing.JPG.c6a88595e2f78f7f8b855d2d345df2e3.JPG

It's funny when someone thinks they know something, but they have no idea what they're talking about. 

loser moron GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

Show's even an OVERLORD can be wrong 🤓

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 4:52 PM, EWU Bob said:

There's a lot of BLM in California, too. In fact, according to the BLM 15% of California's land is managed by the BLM, over 15 millions acres. Nevada is actually only about 63% BLM (48 million acres).

1 hour ago, awnacletus said:

There's a lot of BLM in California, too. In fact, according to the BLM 15% of California's land is managed by the BLM, over 15 millions acres. Nevada is actually only about 63% BLM (48 million acres).

"Little" is a relative term, relative to Nevada's 48 million acres of BLM land, many would consider the 15 million acres to be rather small, or little, in comparison. 

• Love 3