• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ArcticThunder

Strange Animals on Earth

Aye-aye

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-1-2.thumb.jpg.1b99fb3d8b63b82b693ca2ab087e2e4a.jpg

The aye-aye is a long-fingered lemur, a strepsirrhine primate native to Madagascar with rodent-like teeth that perpetually grow and a special thin middle finger.Wikipedia

Maned wolf

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-2.jpg.bfd3082182940fad0bf1e4a624d05c99.jpg

The maned wolf is the largest canid of South America. Its markings resemble those of foxes, but it is neither a fox nor a wolf. It is the only species in the genus Chrysocyon.Wikipedia

Gerenuk

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-8-1.thumb.jpg.d67dd6f0c4906e1ab8603a62837b89ee.jpg

The gerenuk, also known as the giraffe gazelle, is a long-necked antelope found in the Horn of Africa and the drier parts of East Africa.Wikipedia

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Tufted deer

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-6.jpg.4e53d4fb784dbbe0a9709880a6417e6a.jpg

The tufted deer is a small species of deer characterized by a prominent tuft of black hair on its forehead and fang-like canines for the males.Wikipedia

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Blobfish 

strange.jpg.fecda207f5e970b6170b4f8f9047820b.jpg

The Blobfish is a deep-sea fish which inhabits waters just above the sea bed at depths of 600 to 1,200 meters (2,000 to 3,900 feet), off the coasts of mainland Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania.

They have been described as the ugliest fish in the world, however, this popular impression is due to decompression damage to their jelly-like bodies, when out of their natural high pressure environment. Wikipedia

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Gobi Jerboa

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-22-2.jpg.2d098b0c5e7f815ebe5f6fe8c6d8dd0d.jpg

The Gobi jerboa was discovered in 1925 by Glover Morrill Allen. It is found in the Gobi Desert located in northern and northwestern China, as well as in southern Mongolia, and is considered to be the most “desert loving” out of all Gobi rodents. Wikipedia

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Never ever heard of these but thanks for sharing, getting to know these crazy looking animals exist in reality. Looks like these are very rare animals 

• Like 4

The last animal shown, Jerboa, would have been a fine addition to the Star Wars catalog of animals, even the name fits perfectly... Jerboa the Runt! 🤣

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

Aye-aye

The aye-aye is a long-fingered lemur, a strepsirrhine primate native to Madagascar with rodent-like teeth that perpetually grow and a special thin middle finger.Wikipedia

Maned wolf

The maned wolf is the largest canid of South America. Its markings resemble those of foxes, but it is neither a fox nor a wolf. It is the only species in the genus Chrysocyon.Wikipedia

Gerenuk

The gerenuk, also known as the giraffe gazelle, is a long-necked antelope found in the Horn of Africa and the drier parts of East Africa.Wikipedia

This Wolf for real!? How cool/beautiful is that.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

Blobfish 

The Blobfish is a deep-sea fish which inhabits waters just above the sea bed at depths of 600 to 1,200 meters (2,000 to 3,900 feet), off the coasts of mainland Australia, New Zealand and Tasmania.

They have been described as the ugliest fish in the world, however, this popular impression is due to decompression damage to their jelly-like bodies, when out of their natural high pressure environment. Wikipedia

Even EWU BEAR wouldn't eat that fish! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

The last animal shown, Jerboa, would have been a fine addition to the Star Wars catalog of animals, even the name fits perfectly... Jerboa the Runt! 🤣

😂😂😂Seems legit😂🤣

• Like 2

Wow, these all look like cryptids! Pretty amazing that they really exist! 

• Love 2

I had known about the Aye-aye and that was it. When I saw the other animals I needed three reputable sources before I posted them. Crazy stuff. I still have more. 

• Love 3

21 hours ago, Drew B said:

Even EWU BEAR wouldn't eat that fish! 

I had nightmares about this one last night.

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

Humming Bird Moth By Beatriz Moisset

Test.thumb.jpg.6b4af0caaee19b77a1d99666bda1de9a.jpg

Quite often inexperienced garden visitors notice what they think is a tiny hummingbird fleeting among flowers such as bee balm (Monarda). They listen incredulously when one explains to them that what they just saw was not a bird but a moth. Hummingbird moths are rather plump; the tip of their tail opens into a fan.

• Love 4

On 2/27/2020 at 10:17 PM, ArcticThunder said:

I had known about the Aye-aye and that was it. When I saw the other animals I needed three reputable sources before I posted them. Crazy stuff. I still have more. 

I like the Aye-aye. It’s  a little scary looking but kinda cute in its own way! Thank you for showing these!! Super cool!

• Love 5

I have seen the hummingbird moth before, very cool to see in person. 

On 2/27/2020 at 4:26 AM, ArcticThunder said:

Aye-aye

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-1-2.thumb.jpg.1b99fb3d8b63b82b693ca2ab087e2e4a.jpg

Maned wolf

Gerenuk

strange-animals-you-didnt-know-8-1.thumb.jpg.d67dd6f0c4906e1ab8603a62837b89ee.jpg

Our Creator most definitely has a sense of humor. And the fox-wolf animal looks like a hybrid of some kind. I'm sure I'm wrong, never the less.

• Love 1

Shoebill Bird

spacer.png

It is a very impressive bird, that reaches a height of 1.2 meters approximately, they are sedentary and solitary, rarely they usually walk accompanied by another bird of their species, for this reason their reproduction is difficult.

Source: https://rare-animals.com/

• Love 1

On 2/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, ArcticThunder said:

Blobfish 

This is what it looks like when it's in the water.

y4XnAVq.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Koltin said:

This is what it looks like when it's in the water.

y4XnAVq.jpg

@Koltin what a difference. Just for the sake of knowledge, the animal is removed from their natural habitat and brought into our hostile environment. 

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 11:57 PM, Juan147 said:

Shoebill Bird

spacer.png

It is a very impressive bird, that reaches a height of 1.2 meters approximately, they are sedentary and solitary, rarely they usually walk accompanied by another bird of their species, for this reason their reproduction is difficult.

They are impressive. Thanks for the link.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:57 AM, Juan147 said:

Shoebill Bird

spacer.png

That bird reminds me of scary clown for that angle the pic was taken. I have never seen it my entire life. 

The link that you have posted looks impressive. I have never imagined animals like this ever exist.

• Like 1