• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LadybytheLake

If you could have the answer to any ONE mystery, what would it be?

If you could choose to have the answer to any mystery, what would that be? It could be something personal, from your past, or your future. Something lost to history, like the colony of Roanoke. Or maybe a grand scale question like is there other intelligent life in the universe. Is there life after death. And how could that affect your life. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Damnit where is Waldo!!  

Ok ok probably have to be...Is there intelligent life besides us humans in the universe we live in?  

Or is there life after death.   

Knowing the answer to both would have serious consequences I know.  And would change not just mine but anybody's life that knew the answers.  How it would I'm not so sure.  Could be good.  Could be bad.  I can see a lot of Panic and chaos with the answers 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Is our universe alone or is it apart of a super-cluster of universes?

Did 'nothing' create the universe and god, or did God create the universe from nothing?

Technically there's three questions here. 

• Love 3

36 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

Is our universe alone or is it apart of a super-cluster of universes?

Did 'nothing' create the universe and god, or did God create the universe from nothing?

Technically there's three questions here. 

It's ok. It all ties together in a way. 

• Love 3

How advanced humankind was truly before the Dark ages. 

Let me explain a bit....

As we have all gone through school at some point I believe we can remember parts of our History lessons talking about things being created during the "early" parts of human civilization. Such as the Greek "computer" that they still have a hard time even understanding to this day. The example of all the knowledge of the known world being placed in a library in Athens and it being burned to the ground. The same being said for libraries across the world. Information just seems to disappear here and there with the simple explanation of..oops fire or oops we burned it down during war. There is also the fact that we keep learning that humans gathered together and formed cities and towns earlier and earlier than everyone thinks. So for me the question is how advanced have we as a species really been? It seems we've made crazy advancements well before we were supposed to do so per current day scientists. Hell, we can't even build things as seamlessly as the ancients did with modern technology. It astounds me that we don't truly have an understanding of anything at all about our past except for the bare minuscule amount that we currently pretend to be informed on. I imagine even a fraction of the truth behind the scenes would blow humanity's collective mind if we had a means to figure it out. 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

@Shikezi great answer. So much knowledge had been lost. Burned. I won't even get into the role the church played in that. Anyway, I really think we have lost our ability to use our brains in the most fundamental of ways. Plus we don't use thousand, hundreds of thousands of slaves to complete tasks. 

• Love 3

15 minutes ago, LadybytheLake said:

@Shikezi great answer. So much knowledge had been lost. Burned. I won't even get into the role the church played in that. Anyway, I really think we have lost our ability to use our brains in the most fundamental of ways. Plus we don't use thousand, hundreds of thousands of slaves to complete tasks. 

Slavery, aka forced labor or the results of losing war had definitely been a part of humanity's nature from the beginning. The strong rule and the weak become the prey. Lots of knowledge has been lost especially during the dark ages but sadly even well before that.

So much has been found across the world that indicates information was spread between civilizations well before we thought it was possible. It brings to question why we cant fing evidence of these interactions.

As for the church, it acted like any other kindome/empire. Control the flow of knowledge and you control the people. It did it on a much grander scale that other empires for sure.

Despite the use of slaves and so forth, it astounds me at what was able to be accomplished nevertheless. It also brings up a multitude of questions that Id love to know the answers to.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Shikezi said:

How advanced humankind was truly before the Dark ages. 

Let me explain a bit....

As we have all gone through school at some point I believe we can remember parts of our History lessons talking about things being created during the "early" parts of human civilization. Such as the Greek "computer" that they still have a hard time even understanding to this day. The example of all the knowledge of the known world being placed in a library in Athens and it being burned to the ground. The same being said for libraries across the world. Information just seems to disappear here and there with the simple explanation of..oops fire or oops we burned it down during war. There is also the fact that we keep learning that humans gathered together and formed cities and towns earlier and earlier than everyone thinks. So for me the question is how advanced have we as a species really been? It seems we've made crazy advancements well before we were supposed to do so per current day scientists. Hell, we can't even build things as seamlessly as the ancients did with modern technology. It astounds me that we don't truly have an understanding of anything at all about our past except for the bare minuscule amount that we currently pretend to be informed on. I imagine even a fraction of the truth behind the scenes would blow humanity's collective mind if we had a means to figure it out. 

Civilization as the propensity to rize and fall. The goal of any culture is to survive indefinitely. However, there's too many naturally occurring or man-made disasters to preserve the full-extent of our past. But what if one culture managed to leave earth;  exo-tellurians or XTs if you will. How can we be certain? Regardless, if we humans want to flourish we need to leave mother earth. If we want to survive we must leave the Earth. So XTs will indeed exist one day for the sake of humanity. But for all we know there could have been numerous waves of XTs already. 

The antikutheram Mechanism. Found over 2000 years ago. They took a peek inside with the latest technology. It is the most advance astronomical device. Precisely crafted cogs and wheels that rivals any crafted Swiss watches. Please by all means, check it out.

antikytheram.jpg

• Love 3

22 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

Civilization as the propensity to rize and fall. The goal of any culture is to survive indefinitely. However, there's too many naturally occurring or man-made disasters to preserve the full-extent of our past. But what if one culture managed to leave earth;  exo-tellurians or XTs if you will. How can we be certain? Regardless, if we humans want to flourish we need to leave mother earth. If we want to survive we must leave the Earth. So XTs will indeed exist one day for the sake of humanity. But for all we know there could have been numerous waves of XTs already. 

The antikutheram Mechanism. Found over 2000 years ago. They took a peek inside with the latest technology. It is the most advance astronomical device. Precisely crafted cogs and wheels that rivals any crafted Swiss watches. Please by all means, check it out.

antikytheram.jpg

I was absolutely absorbed by that mechanism. The incredible precision and detail goes beyond our understanding even now. People really do need to check it out.

As for your other points, I completely agree. We really can't be sure it there has been a migration from Earth in the past or not because of our lack of knowledge, but I think that we will be doing such within the next 20 years.

I really want to see the advancements in robotics and cybernetics when it comes the human body. I hope that tech represented in games such as Deus Ex really come to fruition quickly, and I believe we are only a few years out from it. This tech will allow us the ability to live longer and survive harsher environments. With this we can definitely explore space a lot easier.

Yes Im ready to exchange my body out for a robotic one so I can venture into the true last frontier...space! Muwhahahahaha

• Love 4

6 minutes ago, Shikezi said:

I was absolutely absorbed by that mechanism. The incredible precision and detail goes beyond our understanding even now. People really do need to check it out.

As for your other points, I completely agree. We really can't be sure it there has been a migration from Earth in the past or not because of our lack of knowledge, but I think that we will be doing such within the next 20 years.

I really want to see the advancements in robotics and cybernetics when it comes the human body. I hope that tech represented in games such as Deus Ex really come to fruition quickly, and I believe we are only a few years out from it. This tech will allow us the ability to live longer and survive harsher environments. With this we can definitely explore space a lot easier.

Yes Im ready to exchange my body out for a robotic one so I can venture into the true last frontier...space! Muwhahahahaha

I love this field. Trying to stay within this topic and address the issue of life on other planets as mentioned above, I add; If one wants to know where the XTs and ETs are migrating to we must follow the energy crumbs. Large gas planets, sun, stars and clusters. Advance societies needs an exorbiant amount of energy to live on. The center of our galaxy is where the most energy lies. We are looking at a class-type civilization 2 to 3. They simply would not have too much interest in us. Contrary to popular belief, we wont find too many ETs around earth. But they are out there.

• Love 2

1 minute ago, ArcticThunder said:

I love this field. Trying to stay within this topic and address the issue of life on other planets as mentioned above, I add; If one wants to know where the XTs and ETs are migrating to we must follow the energy crumbs. Large gas planets, sun, stars and clusters. Advance societies needs an exorbiant amount of energy to live on. The center of our galaxy is where the most energy lies. We are looking at a class-type civilization 2 to 3. They simply would not have too much interest in us. Contrary to popular belief, we wont find too many ETs around earth. But they are out there.

Completely agree. Its extremely simple logic when we see the increased need for energy here on earth for sure.

Statistically it is impossible for there not be other life out there. What I am curious about is whether or not there are a significant amount of advaced civilizations or more civilizations around our level of advancement. 

So close to these new steps that I get overly excited and want to hurry up and go explore!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Tau Ceti is 12 light years away, same star class as our sun, simular configuration as our solar system (asteroids) with 5 planets. A little younger then our solar system. But you and I are  speculating that advance technology existed long time ago. So who knows.

LadybytheLake I pose a new question, is there life in the Tau Ceti system?

• Love 2

4 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

Tau Ceti is 12 light years away, same star class as our sun, simular configuration as our solar system (asteroids) with 5 planets. A little younger then our solar system. But you and I are  speculating that advance technology existed long time ago. So who knows.

LadybytheLake I pose a new question, is there life in the Tau Ceti system?

I would say that it is possible that a younger system could advance at a faster pace than our own. Especially if they had outside help. At the bare minimum they would only be a little behind us if at all. I believe that advanced technology is relative to each individual civilization/species, and with that idea I'd propose that there are plenty of advanced civilizations out there that have been so for quite a long time. 

I'd like to hear your thoughts as well @LadybytheLake

• Love 1

Know what Area 51 is really used for, or whatever.

Then I'd probably disappear.

• Love 2

12 minutes ago, wimc said:

Know what Area 51 is really used for, or whatever.

Then I'd probably disappear.

Im confident in saying that Area 51 isn't housing anymore of the secrets everyone thinks they are. I believe that most of it has been moved and is no longer there. Not that there isn't top secret things there, but lets be serious...the good stuff is moved already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Shikezi said:

Im confident in saying that Area 51 isn't housing anymore of the secrets everyone thinks they are. I believe that most of it has been moved and is no longer there. Not that there isn't top secret things there, but lets be serious...the good stuff is moved already.

I'm actually quite skeptical about it. Not really something that I would go out of my way for. Watch area 51 videos out of curiosity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wimc said:

And I guess this could be a question for this topic;

We would like to know what have they been doing in area 51?

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:
2 hours ago, wimc said:

And I guess this could be a question for this topic;

We would like to know what have they been doing in area 51?

I am with you on that, that's the mystery that needs to be solved because we don't know what is in area 51 and why area 51 and not area 15😂 and so forth. Are they really hiding the truth from the public. We do need answers for that.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

I am with you on that, that7's the mystery that needs to be solved because we don't know what is in area 51 and why area 51 and not area 15😂 and so forth. Are they really hiding the truth from the public. We do need answers for that.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/space/aliens-ufos/area-5111.htm

2 hours ago, Shikezi said:

Absolutely. It's now a decoy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

LadybytheLake your topical question propogates other interesting questions and facts.

Definitely. I'm finally catching up on this thread.

With such a young system, only relatively new to the habitation zone, IF there is life, i would bet that it's way different than we would expect. I remember reading an article that said the makeup of one of the two candidate planets is very different from that of earth and they would think it's very seismically active. But again, who knows, life finds a way 😉

• Like 1