• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

24 minutes ago, AsleepModeOn said:

It's a lower model so it doesn't have anything fancy on it but it definitely gets me where I need to go! I wanted a 4Runner TRD badly haha

The 4runner is a pretty nice SUV with some great features. I love ours, but I wish it still came with the V8 option. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

The 4runner is a pretty nice SUV with some great features. I love ours, but I wish it still came with the V8 option. 

I hear ya! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HGOWDY said:

Yeah it's definitely not a vehicle for a big family. Kids are not in my plan AT ALL so it's perfect for me, my boyfriend and the dog! It's actually got a surprising amount of space inside. Although theres a YouTuber from South Africa (ROAM Overlanding) who drives one and makes videos about travel and off roading. He's a big guy and well over 6ft tall...he looks a little cramped inside it😂 

Screenshot_20200421_204631.jpg

Edit ⬇️

Here is one of his videos, just incase you were curious 🙂

Oh my lawd! I'd die! I swear I'd die.....nice video though...poor chap LOL.

• Love 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:53 PM, Illegal Seagull said:

Have been looking for a new vehicle for a while. Not brand new but new to me. Came across this pickup https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/d/west-palm-beach-2004-toyota-tundra/7111191923.html Any thoughts or warning signs you can see? Mileage looks ok for being 2004 plus it's Toyota. I like everything about it except the tail lights 😂. They look a bit odd to me but I can imagine driving west and taking a week or two just to explore.

I had a tundra , they are solid off-roaders , go anywhere and not heavy enough to get stuck easily , great choice man 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illegal Seagull said:

Thank you @Highlander, it is always good to get thoughts from someone who has owned the same vehicle. Thank you.

Anytime 🙂 

On 4/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, Shikezi said:

Oh my lawd! I'd die! I swear I'd die.....nice video though...poor chap LOL.

Love this video!

This is my baby. A 2010 Silverado. All she really needs right now is a new front bumper and to mount my Warn Zeon Platinum 10-s. (Yes, it's overkill honestly, but I work for Warn so let's just say that I got a VERY good deal on it. 😊)

spacer.png

However, if I'm being honest, I am very much considering upgrading to a Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition (I love the blacked out look) or an F250 (I love the Power-Stroke). 

Here is the first vehicle I every drove (besides a tractor, lol) at the ripe old age of 12. It's what I learned how to go off road with. I hope to buy this time off my dad if he ever decides to let it go. It was his high school vehicle. A 76 CJ7 Renegade. He's turned it into an off road use only vehicle for now. It wouldn't be tough to make it street legal again though. 😊 (Dad is driving in both pics. They are kinda old, I need to get some more recent pics of it.) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Christopher said:

This is my baby. A 2010 Silverado. All she really needs right now is a new front bumper and to mount my Warn Zeon Platinum 10-s. (Yes, it's overkill honestly, but I work for Warn so let's just say that I got a VERY good deal on it. 😊)

spacer.png

However, if I'm being honest, I am very much considering upgrading to a Ram 1500 Big Horn Night Edition (I love the blacked out look) or an F250 (I love the Power-Stroke). 

Here is the first vehicle I every drove (besides a tractor, lol) at the ripe old age of 12. It's what I learned how to go off road with. I hope to buy this time off my dad if he ever decides to let it go. It was his high school vehicle. A 76 CJ7 Renegade. He's turned it into an off road use only vehicle for now. It wouldn't be tough to make it street legal again though. 😊 (Dad is driving in both pics. They are kinda old, I need to get some more recent pics of it.) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I forgot to include my mods, but I don't know how to edit my post on here, so I'll just post here. It's a very small list, Basically everything you see on Silverado is what I've done. Installed a 2.5" leveling kit. Nitto Trail Grapplers (285/65r18) on Matte Black 18" KMC XD series XD798 Addicts. I blacked out the Bowties on front and back. Also removed as much chrome as I could. I do not like chrome, lol. The truck came from Canada, so it has a remote start and a block heater. Installed a Volant CAI and Volant Vortice throttle body spacer. Bought her with only 40,000 miles. Currently at 65,000 3 years later and still running like a champ. Biggest downside is that she's only got the 4.6L V6... which is one of the reasons I want to upgrade. 

I'm sure I forgot something on the Silverado. As far as the CJ7, I wouldn't even know where to begin to be honest. A lot of the work my dad did on his own, so it's got a lot of custom fab work. Since those pictures are kind of old, you're not able to see a lot of the stuff he's done more recently. I'll try and find a more up-to-date photo to share or I'll go up to his house and take one sometime soon. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Nice truck Christopher, how do you like the Nitto tires? 

45 minutes ago, Christopher said:

I'm sure I forgot something on the Silverado. As far as the CJ7, I wouldn't even know where to begin to be honest. A lot of the work my dad did on his own, so it's got a lot of custom fab work. Since those pictures are kind of old, you're not able to see a lot of the stuff he's done more recently. I'll try and find a more up-to-date photo to share or I'll go up to his house and take one sometime soon. Anyway, thanks for listening to my rambling! 

Nice Jeep! I met some reps from Warn last year at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. Super nice people!

5 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Nice truck Christopher, how do you like the Nitto tires? 

Thank you, Sir! I love them. The rubber is strong enough that they're not wearing down too quickly on the road. I live just outside Portland in Vancouver, WA, and even though I get into the mountains regularly she is still a bit of a pavement princess. I was worried about getting something that was too soft and would just "dissolve" on the highway after only a couple thousand miles. They also just look badass. lol. I love the aggressive stance they give the truck. Your Ram would look mean with a set. 🙂

5 hours ago, AsleepModeOn said:

Nice Jeep! I met some reps from Warn last year at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. Super nice people!

Thank you! And i love working for Warn. It's a great company and they've done so much for us during this Covid-19 fiasco. Thankfully I'm still working, but if I have to miss work, even from just a cold, they've already said that it's covered without having to use my own paid time off. That plus a lot of other things. Very happy there!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, Christopher said:

I forgot to include my mods, but I don't know how to edit my post on here, so I'll just post here. It's a very small list, Basically everything you see on Silverado is what I've done. Installed a 2.5" leveling kit. Nitto Trail Grapplers (285/65r18) on Matte Black 18" KMC XD series XD798 Addicts. I blacked out the Bowties on front and back. Also removed as much chrome as I could. I do not like chrome, lol. The truck came from Canada, so it has a remote start and a block heater. Installed a Volant CAI and Volant Vortice throttle body spacer. Bought her with only 40,000 miles. Currently at 65,000 3 years later and still running like a champ. Biggest downside is that she's only got the 4.6L V6... which is one of the reasons I want to upgrade. 

That thing is so cool 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Highlander said:

Let the modifications continue lol , added some yellow to the front end 

C38DEAFF-2DDA-4C3C-BFD5-D0E11D2817D9.jpeg

Looking good, what other plans do you have for the Jeep? 

On 4/21/2020 at 2:15 PM, EWU Bob said:

Nice Jeep, I bet it will get you almost anywhere! 

That is one sweet looking Jeep!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Two-Track Treasures said:

Here's my Jeep 🙂 this is Bill and he goes everywhere. Can't wait to get the doors and top off again

IMG_0122(23).jpg

IMG_0460(15).jpg

Love your stickers man! You can even see one on the post of the fence around the TTR Missile! Moron must have missed that when he was wasting his time there, removing all my stickers.

I just finished replacing the rear bumper on my Tacoma (I kind of wrecked it) and the ball/hitch insert on the hitch. It was rusted in there for probably 7 years, which wouldn't be a big deal except it was upside down! So the ball was 4" higher than I need. Took me 1 hour of bashing with a sledge hammer, heating it with a torch, spraying the crap out of it with Seafoam Deep Creep, then repeat. Finally busted loose. I will post pictures later. Replacing all the fluids too. Gotta love the oil-change places my son took it to - the filler bolt on the rear diff I basically destroyed to get off because they must have used an air wrench to put it on, yet the oil drain plug on the motor was like finger tight. Idiots. I will post some pics when I am done, I pulled the front grill to spray paint, and installing new LED light bars on the front bushbar.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Area 51 Rider said:

Love your stickers man! You can even see one on the post of the fence around the TTR Missile! Moron must have missed that when he was wasting his time there, removing all my stickers.

I just finished replacing the rear bumper on my Tacoma (I kind of wrecked it) and the ball/hitch insert on the hitch. It was rusted in there for probably 7 years, which wouldn't be a big deal except it was upside down! So the ball was 4" higher than I need. Took me 1 hour of bashing with a sledge hammer, heating it with a torch, spraying the crap out of it with Seafoam Deep Creep, then repeat. Finally busted loose. I will post pictures later. Replacing all the fluids too. Gotta love the oil-change places my son took it to - the filler bolt on the rear diff I basically destroyed to get off because they must have used an air wrench to put it on, yet the oil drain plug on the motor was like finger tight. Idiots. I will post some pics when I am done, I pulled the front grill to spray paint, and installing new LED light bars on the front bushbar.

Thanks! I always keep an eye out for your stickers around the test site, it’s like hunting eater eggs lol 😆 

Sounds like your Tacoma might look a bit different soon. I’ve got a list a mile long for mods on Bill but I think first will be steel bumpers and steel fender flares

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Two-Track Treasures said:

Thanks! I always keep an eye out for your stickers around the test site, it’s like hunting eater eggs lol 😆 

Sounds like your Tacoma might look a bit different soon. I’ve got a list a mile long for mods on Bill but I think first will be steel bumpers and steel fender flares

I don't have much planned for "mods"; eventually my son will be driving the Tacoma again for work, which is all highway miles. The LED light bars and bush bar are for night driving, there's a lot of wildlife on our highways. I would rather destroy a bush bar hitting something, than wrecking the front of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind a bit more height/clearance, but I can't afford that, nor do I really need it.

I should probably send you some more stickers, did I send you any of the "Groom Lake vehicle pass" ones?

I have a 2010 tacoma offroad model. Have had it for 5 years and got it with 40,000 miles on it. It has been a very good vehicle. The dumbest thing I have ever done with it is take it up a hydroline trail two winters ago, and got hung up/stuck right on the edge of a steep drop off, probably 30 feet or so. It was all snow and ice. I couldn't go forward, and everytime the tires spun, the truck moved sideways closer to the drop off. As a last ditch effort, i backed up about a foot until the rear tires were on the edge, and then charged forward. The truck made it out. My heart was pounding for like an hour after that. I thought the truck was going to roll and be totaled. If I didn't have duratrac tires, It would have been a different outcome that day. I am more careful now

• Love 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Area 51 Rider said:

I don't have much planned for "mods"; eventually my son will be driving the Tacoma again for work, which is all highway miles. The LED light bars and bush bar are for night driving, there's a lot of wildlife on our highways. I would rather destroy a bush bar hitting something, than wrecking the front of the vehicle. I wouldn't mind a bit more height/clearance, but I can't afford that, nor do I really need it.

I should probably send you some more stickers, did I send you any of the "Groom Lake vehicle pass" ones?

Definitely understand wanting front end protection, plenty of cars around here where I live with damage from deer, etc

You did send me one 🙂 I’ve actually had people ask me if it was real 😆 

19C63916-DB7F-47AA-AA36-25602401A34E.jpeg

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Janet Airlines said:

I have a 2010 tacoma offroad model. Have had it for 5 years and got it with 40,000 miles on it. It has been a very good vehicle. The dumbest thing I have ever done with it is take it up a hydroline trail two winters ago, and got hung up/stuck right on the edge of a steep drop off, probably 30 feet or so. It was all snow and ice. I couldn't go forward, and everytime the tires spun, the truck moved sideways closer to the drop off. As a last ditch effort, i backed up about a foot until the rear tires were on the edge, and then charged forward. The truck made it out. My heart was pounding for like an hour after that. I thought the truck was going to roll and be totaled. If I didn't have duratrac tires, It would have been a different outcome that day. I am more careful now

Mine is a 2013 TRD Offroad, and it's sitting at 236,000 miles. I lot for most vehicles, but I expect this Tacoma to get at least double that.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Two-Track Treasures said:

Definitely understand wanting front end protection, plenty of cars around here where I live with damage from deer, etc
You did send me one 🙂 I’ve actually had people ask me if it was real 😆 

Nice 🙂 
And at the perfect spot.