Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Who's Online 2 Members, 4 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)
What kind of vehicles do people like?
Some of my persoion ones that I like:
Land rover defender,
Mercedes Benz A, E and X class,
Ford Ranger Raptor.
This ones kinda in my blood xD
Ik the ones that was sent to the US wasn't the greatest thing but the ones here are great
By EWU Bob
Here are a few things I Love about my RAM so far.
1. HEMI Power ... it's not a race car by any stretch, but it's nice to have the extra torque and horsepower when you need it!
2. Fuel mileage ... Seriously gets nearly the same fuel mileage as my slow and boring 6 cylinder 4runner!
3. Comfort ... it's like you're sitting in a luxury vehicle, but it's a truck that can actually take you places!
4. Comes ready to go off road ... it's comes with the right tires, armor, and everything you need to go off road!
5. Rear locker ... I know this is going to come in handy when hitting the dirt trails!
Here are a few things I LOVE about my 4runner:
1. Incredible traction control system ... I have seen what it can do off road and it's pretty impressive.
2. Rear locker ... I have used it a few times and it's awesome when you need it!
3. Reliability ... No arguing with Toyota reliability.
4. Resale value ... One of the highest resale value vehicles on the market.
5. Crawl Control ... It's like a black magic in the sand!
Feel free to add your own, I would love to hear what you love about your current explore vehicles!
By EWU Bob
The "new" RAM has about 8,000 miles on the odometer, and I just took it in for the first oil change. From what I have been reading online, many would cringe waiting this long but ...
According to manufacturers recommendations, services should be performed every 10,000 miles, but from reading online, most seem to perform their first oil change at 1,000 miles ... but I decided to follow what the engineers who designed the engine suggest. What do you think?
Even the dealer is trying to suggest a 5,000 mile oil change interval, so I was considering changing my own oil. That was until I read what a nightmare it is to change the oil and why my undercarriage is now soaked in oil!
The first issue is the location of the oil drain plug, right above the sway bar and gets all over, but it gets worse!
The placement of the oil filter is right above the steering rack and leaks oil all over the steering rack and gets everywhere! Double whammy, and there are countless threads online discussing this.
Anyway, with all those issues, I have decided I will just take it to the dealer every 10k miles as suggested by the manufacturer, but I will bring my own Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Fully Synthetic oil and K&N Filters. Do you think the dealership will give my any trouble bringing my own oil and filter?
I have considered installing a Fumoto oil drain plug and changing it myself, but with all the off -road traveling, I wouldn't want it to get knocked off as it sits very close to the sway bar. Ugh.