• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

6 minutes ago, DAW89446 said:

I have a friend who lives in Unionville.

Does he have a nice jeep as I was there Sunday I was there coming back from Winnemucca.  I asked a couple of guys with new jeeps about the Mark Twain cabin.

_DSC4466.jpg

No. He does have a modified 4th generation 4Runner. I saw him in town the other day and there is a for sale sign on it.

6 minutes ago, DAW89446 said:

No. He does have a modified 4th generation 4Runner. I saw him in town the other day and there is a for sale sign on it.

Ok. It seams like a nice quite place to live if you don't mind the distance.  I was only there for like an hour, I was going to try more exploring but I wanted to get over the Donner summit back to Sacramento before the snow started and I would have to deal with all the skiers coming back from the holiday weekend. did have a little 4x4 fun on the road going back to I80. 🙂

_DSC4514.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, danhood said:

Ok. It seams like a nice quite place to live if you don't mind the distance.  I was only there for like an hour, I was going to try more exploring but I wanted to get over the Donner summit back to Sacramento before the snow started and I would have to deal with all the skiers coming back from the holiday weekend. did have a little 4x4 fun on the road going back to I80. 🙂

_DSC4514.jpg

Yup. Climbing to the summit from Spring Valley. You passed the ghost town of Fitting. Over the top you dropped into Limerick Canyon to I-80 at Oreana. Rochester ghost town was close to the bottom of Limerick Canyon. It was burned out a few years back and lost most ruins. I used to deliver large filters and other supplies to the Coeur Rochester Mine. I’d go up Limerick, return via Spring Valley and NV400 back year round. The delivery truck was 4WD.

12 minutes ago, DAW89446 said:

Yup. Climbing to the summit from Spring Valley. You passed the ghost town of Fitting. Over the top you dropped into Limerick Canyon to I-80 at Oreana. Rochester ghost town was close to the bottom of Limerick Canyon. It was burned out a few years back and lost most ruins. I used to deliver large filters and other supplies to the Coeur Rochester Mine. I’d go up Limerick, return via Spring Valley and NV400 back year round. The delivery truck was 4WD.

Yep I was going to check out Rochester but found out it's basically all gone was thinking of back tracking and exploring Humboldt City but the weather changed my mind to sometime in the future.

14 minutes ago, danhood said:

Yep I was going to check out Rochester but found out it's basically all gone was thinking of back tracking and exploring Humboldt City but the weather changed my mind to sometime in the future.

I missed seeing Rochester by a day, it burned down a day before we were heading out there! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I missed seeing Rochester by a day, it burned down a day before we were heading out there! 

Oh that sucks, everyday it seems we loose more and more historic places, fires, vandalism, BLM, ect. 😞

• Like 1

So true, and whenever I find a new location I try to get out there as quick as possible as you never know when it's going to be destroyed, either by fire or vandals. 

• Like 1

Dang I wanted to upload a picture here and I don't see a way to do it. Maybe when I have more posts?

• Like 1

Hey Iron, 

Yes, once you move up to a Full Member you will be able to post images. Welcome to the community. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Hey Iron, 

Yes, once you move up to a Full Member you will be able to post images. Welcome to the community. 

Sweet! I will post my picture here then. My buddy and I spent last spring summer and fall rebuilding my 2000 S10 ZR2 from rust bucket to beautiful. In my neck of the woods in Michigan I don't have to worry about rocks like you desert folks do, but we love our 4x4's for the woods and sand dunes here!

• Like 1

Cool, this is my truck a 2000 chevy S10 ZR2. I drove it off the lot brand new in August of 1999. It started rusting out bad after 12 years and was on her way to the junk yard when a friend of mine who has done truck restoration offered to put a new body on it if I could find one. We also made sure the frame was solid before going any further. Took a while but I found a rust free box, tailgate and doors. From there I bought new fenders and fender liners, core support, new rocker panels and cab corners and a cowl hood.

All the rust got cut out and new steel welded in. She went from GM indigo blue metallic to GM hunter green metallic. I had the rear leaf springs redone and shackles installed and they cranked up the front torsion bars to level it. Aside from being a little taller than your basic ZR2 it's all stock.

J-RS4.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, EWU Bob said:

Let's see your off road rigs! Tell us what mods you've added, craziest off road experience, etc.

Here is the 2019 4runner, added some Bilstein shocks, leveled the front, added RCI Sliders, full skids (lower control arm armor, diff armor, full skids down the center, just missing the fuel tank armor). I haven't had any crazy experiences with the 4runner yet, but as you can see, I am over the issue with desert pinstripes! 

PSX_20191222_212131.jpg.dfdc7ab18874e931b365a9ce37e1e880.jpg

Found this for you guys until you get the trailer.  Looks cozy!  😊

awning-room.jpg.0e30cb5a2c35be1ac9aec84329749182.jpg

• Like 2

Better late than never.  Rig 1. 02 F150 I bought new.  245,000 miles all original running gear. 4.6 liter ohc. Still strong as hell. It's taken me all over the United states and a good portion of western Canada. Only upgrades is a flow master exhaust cat back system,oversize tires, cold air intake system,pioneer stereo and a Rove Dash cam.  Love that truck so much bought another one for my girlfriend to rampage around in. 

Rig 2 not necessarily an off road rig but a dirt road beast.  96 f250 powerstroke diesel. Only 114,000 miles on it. 4.10 gears. Will tow or carry the world.  Only custom parts is beefed up suspension to carry a good sized camper. Overload springs and heavier shocks. Fully decked out camper. AC unit,shower,2400 watt generator, fridge, and a couple heaters. 

20200102_123949.jpg

_facebook_-305131391_.jpg

IMG_20180620_065224118.jpg

IMG_20180619_083209407.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Nice looking rigs, always wanted a truck and camper.

Love that view, I have a thing for views.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, wimc said:

Nice looking rigs, always wanted a truck and camper.

Love that view, I have a thing for views.

Oh theres lots of good views here in our state.  That was up on the carbon river ridge..Can get some great shots of Mount Rainier there.  I'll post some more on here in the gallery section 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That other Dave said:

Oh theres lots of good views here in our state.  That was up on the carbon river ridge..Can get some great shots of Mount Rainier there.  I'll post some more on here in the gallery section 

Not familiar with that area. Please do if you can.

May have to see that area once I get my rig, it'll happen.

• Like 1

Nice Dave, those Ford trucks have always been known for reliability! The Ford F150 was on my short lift of trucks to pull a trailer with, but I decided to go with the Rebel as it's also got a rear locker that I just had to have for whatever reason. I have wanted a Rebel for a long time, but the Power Wagon was also on my short list, but lacked the tow capacity. Of course I could have went for a raptor, but that's currently out of my price range by a lot! 🤣

It’s a work in progress 2007 Chevy Colorado, got the wheels/tires , bully bar , headlights , lightbar , hitch done already , next step is a 4inch lift and a winch , after that il be getting a jeep rubicon to play with too 🙂 At first I was a bit weary about having a small truck but I have pulled out a lot of big trucks with it and I have never been stuck (I’m in the desert in all weathers a lot! )

8F0316EB-4AD5-4A48-A79B-06B63FEA71C4.png

9F76FCA6-E3A7-4AFC-88F1-17AB7DD55B04.png

CFAED0C3-BEC9-4B3F-B1D4-0B824820D532.png

467AB93B-0B9A-456C-8EAE-92C36348317A.png

B9489DA8-0D98-42B8-A8EF-BCBFC015B15D.png

• Like 3

Nice rig @Highlander, it seems once you start modding, they are always a work in progress! What light bar did you get, I need to get a few light bars for the 4runner and RAM. 

Check out that Matt's Towing channel, he has a light Jeep and he pulls everything out, mud, sand, it doesn't matter, that light Jeep is a beast! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1