Jump to content
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, wimc said:

How I want my own rig.

My dad has an Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road, it has already a number of times proved its worthiness.

You can't beat Toyota reliability! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

That's an awesome setup Kyle! Any modifications to the Toyota? 

Im running a 3/2 leveling kit. With a set of overload airbags on the rear for towing. Tires I run cooper AT3s.  Since its a gen 3 offroad it already has a rear locker and crawl control. My days of hard core crawling are over so this build is about getting there and getting home. Next addition will be a set of either fox or King coil overs up front. It has 25k on the odometer and at least 10k is off pavement. 

20180918_144317.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Im running a 3/2 leveling kit. With a set of overload airbags on the rear for towing. Tires I run cooper AT3s.  Since its a gen 3 offroad it already has a rear locker and crawl control. My days of hard core crawling are over so this build is about getting there and getting home. Next addition will be a set of either fox or King coil overs up front. It has 25k on the odometer and at least 10k is off pavement. 

I have never been a hard core rock crawler, and I have never been much of a hard car off roader either with the vehicles I have had. I am hoping to change that with the 4runner though, but like you, I just want to get there too! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I have never been a hard core rock crawler, and I have never been much of a hard car off roader either with the vehicles I have had. I am hoping to change that with the 4runner though, but like you, I just want to get there too! 

I got tired of going out on the weekend then spend the next 2 weekends fixing what ya broke. Then when you got it where itll go where no one else can you have to trailer it. 4runner is a great platform.  Sounds like you leveled it get you some good AT tires and build you a kit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I got tired of going out on the weekend then spend the next 2 weekends fixing what ya broke. Then when you got it where itll go where no one else can you have to trailer it. 4runner is a great platform.  Sounds like you leveled it get you some good AT tires and build you a kit 

I have never been a real off roader, so I can't say I have ever experienced that, but it does sound like a major headache! The 4runner is close, but still needs more lift and bigger tires, but I had to cut a little plastic just to get these tires to fit. I think it will get me to the majority of places I want to go. If not, it will get me close enough to hike in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have lowered it some and put a top on it so I can use my truck to travel from Maryland to Nevada twice a year.

Also has a new bumper & winch. Will update when I get a good pic

gmc2500hd.jpg

Berta.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the best pic but its my 2007 Wrangler. Before this was my brothers 95 4Runner. The 4Runner was getting old and high miles so I decided to switch it up with the Jeep. I don't think either company deserves the hate they get, both very capable and reliable vehicles

IMG_0254.jpg

  • Love 1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DREWUCREW said:

Okay not a 4x4 or off road but I loved my little B2200. Had to sell it recently and miss it.

truck11.jpg

Wont hear me laugh. I didn't get my first 4x4 till i was 21 so i did ALOT of offroading in a 2wd

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ody Slim said:

I have lowered it some and put a top on it so I can use my truck to travel from Maryland to Nevada twice a year.

Also has a new bumper & winch. Will update when I get a good pic

gmc2500hd.jpg

Berta.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some updated photos Ody! Nice pup! 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Bob if ya wanna hit up some country drop me a Line ill put you on some gorgeous country.

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate it! With the snow we haven't been doing much exploring, but rather escaping to the sunshine! 

50 minutes ago, jack said:

Not the best pic but its my 2007 Wrangler. Before this was my brothers 95 4Runner. The 4Runner was getting old and high miles so I decided to switch it up with the Jeep. I don't think either company deserves the hate they get, both very capable and reliable vehicles

IMG_0254.jpg

Nice wrangler, like you said, every vehicle has good and bad aspects. No doubt the Jeep is a proven off road capable vehicle! 

50 minutes ago, DREWUCREW said:

Okay not a 4x4 or off road but I loved my little B2200. Had to sell it recently and miss it.

truck11.jpg

Nice Drew, how many miles did it have on it when you sold it? I think see a little Miata too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

It looks like that Toyota served you well, how are you liking the 4runner? 

Love it. It was a good fit for my wife and I at this stage of our lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Nice Drew, how many miles did it have on it when you sold it? I think see a little Miata too? 

I believe I was closing in on 200,000 miles (1992 Model). Started every time. Yup you spotted Liz's old Clown Car... Hard to get in and out of but really fun to drive 😄. We had somehow accumulated 4 cars so we sold my truck and Miata.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, DAW89446 said:

Looks like somewhere near Jessup. It appears to be the Carson/Humboldt Sink in the background.

Wyemaha valley, Salt Wells Mountains in the background

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, braindead0 said:

Wyemaha valley, Salt Wells Mountains in the background

Well, I guess I was off a teensy, weensy bit ... 😒

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, EWU Bob said:

Here is the RAM. We bought this to eventually pull a travel trailer, aka mobile office, for work. It's got a nice tow rating and is super comfortable, but being a Fiat product, I have my doubt's about quality! I love that it comes with off road tires, rear lockers, and stock armor! Now I gotta get rid of the side step and replace it with some sliders, eventually. 

Gotta love white, doesn't show any pinstripes at all! 

 PSX_20191223_115134.thumb.jpg.7e3bdd1787fd319477017d1c6f0f6e69.jpg

Ram's are great! They're good off-roading too...well, according to my one friend who goes off-roading with us and pushes his Ram to the limits.

Even off-roaded in Centralia with it (lots of off-roading trails there, just got to be careful with the mines and vents opening up).

  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

  • Similar Content

    • By Techie
      What kind of vehicles do people like? 
       
      Some of my persoion ones that I like:
      Land rover defender,
      Mercedes Benz A, E and X class,
      Ford Ranger Raptor.

      ^
      This ones kinda in my blood xD
      Ik the ones that was sent to the US wasn't the greatest thing but the ones here are great 
          A CLASS
         E CLASS
       
       X CLASS
       
       
    • By EWU Bob
      Here are a few things I Love about my RAM so far. 
      1. HEMI Power ... it's not a race car by any stretch, but it's nice to have the extra torque and horsepower when you need it!
      2. Fuel mileage ... Seriously gets nearly the same fuel mileage as my slow and boring 6 cylinder 4runner!
      3. Comfort ... it's like you're sitting in a luxury vehicle, but it's a truck that can actually take you places!
      4. Comes ready to go off road ... it's comes with the right tires, armor, and everything you need to go off road!
      5. Rear locker ... I know this is going to come in handy when hitting the dirt trails!
      Here are a few things I LOVE about my 4runner:
      1. Incredible traction control system ... I have seen what it can do off road and it's pretty impressive. 
      2. Rear locker ... I have used it a few times and it's awesome when you need it!
      3. Reliability ... No arguing with Toyota reliability. 
      4. Resale value ... One of the highest resale value vehicles on the market. 
      5. Crawl Control ... It's like a black magic in the sand! 
      Feel free to add your own, I would love to hear what you love about your current explore vehicles!
       
    • By EWU Bob
      The "new" RAM has about 8,000 miles on the odometer, and I just took it in for the first oil change. From what I have been reading online, many would cringe waiting this long but ... 
      According to manufacturers recommendations, services should be performed every 10,000 miles, but from reading online, most seem to perform their first oil change at 1,000 miles ... but I decided to follow what the engineers who designed the engine suggest. What do you think? 
      Even the dealer is trying to suggest a 5,000 mile oil change interval, so I was considering changing my own oil. That was until I read what a nightmare it is to change the oil and why my undercarriage is now soaked in oil!
      The first issue is the location of the oil drain plug, right above the sway bar and gets all over, but it gets worse!
      The placement of the oil filter is right above the steering rack and leaks oil all over the steering rack and gets everywhere! Double whammy, and there are countless threads online discussing this. 
      Anyway, with all those issues, I have decided I will just take it to the dealer every 10k miles as suggested by the manufacturer, but I will bring my own Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Fully Synthetic oil and K&N Filters. Do you think the dealership will give my any trouble bringing my own oil and filter? 
      I have considered installing a Fumoto oil drain plug and changing it myself, but with all the off -road traveling, I wouldn't want it to get knocked off as it sits very close to the sway bar. Ugh. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information