• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

2 minutes ago, wimc said:

How I want my own rig.

My dad has an Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 off-road, it has already a number of times proved its worthiness.

You can't beat Toyota reliability! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

That's an awesome setup Kyle! Any modifications to the Toyota? 

Im running a 3/2 leveling kit. With a set of overload airbags on the rear for towing. Tires I run cooper AT3s.  Since its a gen 3 offroad it already has a rear locker and crawl control. My days of hard core crawling are over so this build is about getting there and getting home. Next addition will be a set of either fox or King coil overs up front. It has 25k on the odometer and at least 10k is off pavement. 

20180918_144317.jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Im running a 3/2 leveling kit. With a set of overload airbags on the rear for towing. Tires I run cooper AT3s.  Since its a gen 3 offroad it already has a rear locker and crawl control. My days of hard core crawling are over so this build is about getting there and getting home. Next addition will be a set of either fox or King coil overs up front. It has 25k on the odometer and at least 10k is off pavement. 

I have never been a hard core rock crawler, and I have never been much of a hard car off roader either with the vehicles I have had. I am hoping to change that with the 4runner though, but like you, I just want to get there too! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I have never been a hard core rock crawler, and I have never been much of a hard car off roader either with the vehicles I have had. I am hoping to change that with the 4runner though, but like you, I just want to get there too! 

I got tired of going out on the weekend then spend the next 2 weekends fixing what ya broke. Then when you got it where itll go where no one else can you have to trailer it. 4runner is a great platform.  Sounds like you leveled it get you some good AT tires and build you a kit 

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I got tired of going out on the weekend then spend the next 2 weekends fixing what ya broke. Then when you got it where itll go where no one else can you have to trailer it. 4runner is a great platform.  Sounds like you leveled it get you some good AT tires and build you a kit 

I have never been a real off roader, so I can't say I have ever experienced that, but it does sound like a major headache! The 4runner is close, but still needs more lift and bigger tires, but I had to cut a little plastic just to get these tires to fit. I think it will get me to the majority of places I want to go. If not, it will get me close enough to hike in. 

• Like 1

I have lowered it some and put a top on it so I can use my truck to travel from Maryland to Nevada twice a year.

Also has a new bumper & winch. Will update when I get a good pic

gmc2500hd.jpg

Berta.jpg

• Like 3

Not the best pic but its my 2007 Wrangler. Before this was my brothers 95 4Runner. The 4Runner was getting old and high miles so I decided to switch it up with the Jeep. I don't think either company deserves the hate they get, both very capable and reliable vehicles

IMG_0254.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, DREWUCREW said:

Okay not a 4x4 or off road but I loved my little B2200. Had to sell it recently and miss it.

truck11.jpg

Wont hear me laugh. I didn't get my first 4x4 till i was 21 so i did ALOT of offroading in a 2wd

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ody Slim said:

I have lowered it some and put a top on it so I can use my truck to travel from Maryland to Nevada twice a year.

Also has a new bumper & winch. Will update when I get a good pic

gmc2500hd.jpg

Berta.jpg

Looking forward to seeing some updated photos Ody! Nice pup! 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Bob if ya wanna hit up some country drop me a Line ill put you on some gorgeous country.

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate it! With the snow we haven't been doing much exploring, but rather escaping to the sunshine! 

50 minutes ago, jack said:

Not the best pic but its my 2007 Wrangler. Before this was my brothers 95 4Runner. The 4Runner was getting old and high miles so I decided to switch it up with the Jeep. I don't think either company deserves the hate they get, both very capable and reliable vehicles

IMG_0254.jpg

Nice wrangler, like you said, every vehicle has good and bad aspects. No doubt the Jeep is a proven off road capable vehicle! 

50 minutes ago, DREWUCREW said:

Okay not a 4x4 or off road but I loved my little B2200. Had to sell it recently and miss it.

truck11.jpg

Nice Drew, how many miles did it have on it when you sold it? I think see a little Miata too? 

7 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

It looks like that Toyota served you well, how are you liking the 4runner? 

Love it. It was a good fit for my wife and I at this stage of our lives.

10 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Nice Drew, how many miles did it have on it when you sold it? I think see a little Miata too? 

I believe I was closing in on 200,000 miles (1992 Model). Started every time. Yup you spotted Liz's old Clown Car... Hard to get in and out of but really fun to drive 😄. We had somehow accumulated 4 cars so we sold my truck and Miata.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DAW89446 said:

Looks like somewhere near Jessup. It appears to be the Carson/Humboldt Sink in the background.

Wyemaha valley, Salt Wells Mountains in the background

• Love 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, braindead0 said:

Wyemaha valley, Salt Wells Mountains in the background

Well, I guess I was off a teensy, weensy bit ... 😒

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, EWU Bob said:

Here is the RAM. We bought this to eventually pull a travel trailer, aka mobile office, for work. It's got a nice tow rating and is super comfortable, but being a Fiat product, I have my doubt's about quality! I love that it comes with off road tires, rear lockers, and stock armor! Now I gotta get rid of the side step and replace it with some sliders, eventually. 

Gotta love white, doesn't show any pinstripes at all! 

PSX_20191223_115134.thumb.jpg.7e3bdd1787fd319477017d1c6f0f6e69.jpg

Ram's are great! They're good off-roading too...well, according to my one friend who goes off-roading with us and pushes his Ram to the limits.

Even off-roaded in Centralia with it (lots of off-roading trails there, just got to be careful with the mines and vents opening up).

• Love 1
  • Like 2