• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

Show Off Your Off Road Rig

EWU CREW

30 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Hahahah, @EWU Emma can't even drive a normal car yet, and she refuses to learn! 🤣

LOL Isn't that weird about her generation? My son was the same way!  I was driving way before I had a license at 16...no power steering, no power brakes, and no blutooth .Think I had my mom take me to get my license the day after I turned 16.

5 hours ago, Rustednut63 said:

LOL Isn't that weird about her generation? My son was the same way!  I was driving way before I had a license at 16...no power steering, no power brakes, and no blutooth .Think I had my mom take me to get my license the day after I turned 16.

Same I was 13 driving cars on a farm , my 8 year old drives my truck in the desert lol

9 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Hahahah, @EWU Emma can't even drive a normal car yet, and she refuses to learn! 🤣

Seems pretty normal these days. Only 1 of my 4 Nieces/Nephews have their licence and they are all well into their 20's.  I was at the Motor Vehicle Branch before they opened on the day of my 16th Birthday. It costs a ton of money up here for Insurance and Gas so I can see a lot of the younger crowd not in any hurry to drive. We also have a tiered learning system which take the kids forever. Not really fair IMHO.

I thought I saw Emma practice driving over in the EWU Memes? 🙂

On 1/26/2020 at 10:17 PM, EWU Bob said:

My browser sucks, I still can't see it! 

Using Chrome. It can be problematic. I get video issues and sometimes and do a browser clean. Clean up the image cache and browsing history. Just don't delete your auto login password data etc.

17 hours ago, Rustednut63 said:

I learned to drive when I was about 10 or so. I’d ride with Grandma in her 1949 Chevy out in the Mojave Desert, we were always out looking for old bottles at old desert homesteads. She would let me drive now and then. Dad was pretty finicky about changing oil. We lived three miles from the paved road, so after he’d do an oil change, I’d take the cars to the pavement and back, he’d check and add if necessary. I started with our 1953 Nash, then went through a 1954 Chrysler Imperial, a 1961 Rambler then a 1964 Rambler Classic 770.

Back in those days, the school system taught students to drive. Driver’s Ed had a portable classroom with ten simulators or so, I remember they had dashboards based on late ‘60s Plymouth Valiants or Dodge Darts. The auto transmission could also be used as a three on the tree (the simulator had a fold down clutch pedal as well). Several times per week, we’d take the school cars out all over the area. Apple Valley, California was wide open in those days, probably less than 1000 people over many square miles. My usual car was a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass two-door.

I just don’t understand youth today. I couldn’t wait to get my license. I have a 32 year old grandson who still doesn’t drive and waits for “mommy” to take his lazy ass where he wants to go after she puts in a 12 hour day ... 😡

On 1/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, Roy Myers Explorations said:

Here you go EWU BOb, same obstacle different day. On this day my approach was a little different. Therefore I didn't have any trouble. Watch closely at (0:55) the shadow of the drivers front wheel.....off the ground. I do these kind of things to test the ability of the jeep and myself. As for rollover, I was not worried, you can actually feel when the front gets light, the steering will have no resistance.

Rolling is my biggest fear I would be watching from outside and having a stroke 😳

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Kimmitheexplorer said:

Rolling is my biggest fear I would be watching from outside and having a stroke 😳

Yeah, rolling sounds like it would be pretty scary! Getting  trapped upside down stuck in a seat belt, just sounds like it would be a PITA

23 minutes ago, HGOWDY said:

I picked up my new 4x4 today. A little Suzuki Jimny 😁 the photos make it look much bigger than it really is! 

IMG_20200131_143921.jpg

Awesome! Looks great! Gotta love that new car smell  😉   Congrats & Enjoy!  😃

• Administrators

Nice Roy, I got full skid plates on the 4runner, but now once some dirt builds up under there, I get a major rattling noise from the exhaust (where it builds up under). I am thinking about drilling some holes or something into the skid plate to let the debris fall out. 

11 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Nice Roy, I got full skid plates on the 4runner, but now once some dirt builds up under there, I get a major rattling noise from the exhaust (where it builds up under). I am thinking about drilling some holes or something into the skid plate to let the debris fall out. 

I think that would be good, i know you're not out there doing some of things I do, so yea that would be a good idea. Plus you won't have any water getting trapped in there causing mud build up. I think I going to have to take mine down once or twice a year to clean them out.

• Administrators

I pulled them all today and was amazed at the amount of hard compacted dirt. I put most of the skid plates back on except the center diff skid. I am going to drill a few big holes under the exhaust in hopes it will allow debris to fall out and not get piled up under the exhaust pipe. Usually I avoid mud for this very reasons, spent all day under the car with a pressure washer trying to clean everything up under there. Gotta do the RAM next. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Rustednut63 said:

Brrr...bet that was fun in the cold!

Just started snowing here in San Antonio. 

Hope the holes in the skid plate works. If not, just crank up the radio...no more exhaust rattle.

Yeah, it's pretty cold out! There is a new center diff plate that supposedly fixed the issue, but I want to at least try to fix this before spending money on a new one. 

On 2/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Roy Myers Explorations said:

Ok ya'll, I finally got my rock sliders on and the underneath is completely skid plated. I took it for a test run and gave it hell. Now, I understand a lot of folks don't care for trail videos and that's cool, I get it. Just go to timestamp 10:30 and watch from there.

[video]

Enjoyed every second of it.