• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Let's see what the weather is going to look like this weekend. 

I only drove up Trinity Canyon Road, which pretty much destroyed my dream of keeping my vehicle scratch free haha! If she pulled up a google map and followed direction on how to get to Lovelock from her location, it would have had her hike over to Trinity Canyon road, which isn't far at all from her LKP. We hiked down to it, but I left my phone in the car and didn't track that path. There is a source of water in Trinity Canyon though, a small stream. 

There is a very large area we didn't search, as you already know with our search tracks. I am not sure where in the heck she went, but it seems so odd that we couldn't find anything at all as clothing seems to stick out. We found old bones, papers (not hers), and so much more, but no Vickie. 

The possibility of going into a mine tunnel is interesting and I could see her going in a mine tunnel to get out of the heat, and maybe she used her phone light to navigate, but it just seems like you said, crazy! Like you said, she probably wouldn't have gone in more than a few feet.

Some things that I am not sure if I mentioned or not. 

• There was some food left in her vehicle (mainly fruit). 
  • There were two bottles of water left in her vehicle. 
  • She was a smoker, and there were a lot of cigarette butts left by her vehicle as if she had spent time time there.   
  • The hunter who found her vehicle said it seemed like she may have camped there for a few days. 
  • We found an old banana peel not far from her vehicle. 
  • Dogs have searched the area with no luck. 

I will add more as I remember them, but I think this is a good start of what I remember. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It all seems to be an accident. non of the trails/roads out there are marked in google maps. She was probably looking for some adventure, freedom and distraction. Wanted to be far away from any responsibilities and things that triggers her depression. Vickie was most likly going down blind Trinity canyon and made a turn thinking it is a road  until she got stuck. She then tried to call for help. Because those lazy ducks refused to help her she made the decision to hike. I have no doubt that she is out there somewhere. If the the Sheriff’s department would have taken their time to at least find out a couple information about where she is, about the person ( physically condition, supply, etc) they would have known that the chance of her making it to the next Town is pretty low. But that is where all the mystery begins. How much water did she have with her?What time was it when she called for help? She was probably still at the car when she made the call. So she most likley started her hike shortly after. And I am sure she was hiking at night. The light pollution is very low out there and it must get extremly dark. Even if she had a little bit of daylight and a logical plan about where to go... that probably changed when the sun was gone.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

The hunter who found her vehicle said something very interesting, he said when he told the Sheriff department about what he found, they said "I guess we didn't go far enough" ... basically law enforcement admitted that she called and they didn't take it seriously. All they would of had to do was get SAR involved and they would have found her very quickly. There is no way they would have missed her vehicle sitting at the top of the mountain, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Hey guys! New member here. Couple thoughts on this search. 

if she had any bit of service, or the ability to load/look at a map, it’s possible she may have mistaken the wash to the north for a road. Looking on google maps it almost appears to be a road (I know it’s not but it’s possible she could’ve seen it as such.) 

if I were to head out there and search myself, I’d look directly north 40.3396 -118.5101 and follow that dirt road. There appear to be a few buildings along that road as well As a few “greener areas” that could’ve offered shelter. There also appears to be a water hole at 40.3199  -118.4860 that she would’ve  certainly seen if she was back tracking down that road. 

My second guess would be she back tracked down the road she came in on and possibly made a left turn at the intersection instead of a right. Which would lead her up the same road to the north of her. I’d find it highly unlikely that she would stray from a road. Any lost person would know to stick to one in hopes of being stumbled upon. Just my .02. 

Keep the awesome content coming! Good luck on your searches. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Welcome @Muffinblast, it's great to have you here! There is a road to the north and we drove up the road up past that first GPS location you posted. It's a pretty bad road, but definitely a road. Scratched the heck out of my cars going up that road and didn't spend too much time looking. I would have been far better to walk the road, but we were running out of light. 

• Love 1

Gotcha! Yeah it looks like it could be pretty gnarly. Wish I could head out there and search as well. It’s addicting I’m sure. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 12:59 PM, EWU Emma said:

Still no updates for Vickie, hope we can get back out there after the snow melts to conduct another search! Her brother has contacted us stating he has more information and we are awaiting reply.

i was just going to ask this if their was any new updates that is great hope you find more info when you do another search since this case has me wondering what really happened 

• Like 1

I want to get back out there for another search, she has to be out there somewhere. Some believe she may have planned to disappear, and until we find her, I guess anything is possible. 

On 12/24/2019 at 9:59 AM, EWU Emma said:

Still no updates for Vickie, hope we can get back out there after the snow melts to conduct another search! Her brother has contacted us stating he has more information and we are awaiting reply.

Would be nice to see an update Emma.  This one still bothers me.  🤔

• Love 1

@Muffinblast If Vicke didn’t have access to a map then I agree that she probably started back tracking. I also wonder why never an other emergency call was made. My theory is that she ran out of battery while using her phone as a flashlight and got lost in the dark. I don’t have any experience in this area and don’t know about the visibility is at night. But I am pretty sure she was hiking at night at some point. 

• Like 1

We are planning a new search for Vickie and are considering making it a follow up video for Vickie, but not sure if anyone would want an update video. Regardless, we are heading back out for another search. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

We are planning a new search for Vickie and are considering making it a follow up video for Vickie, but not sure if anyone would want an update video. Regardless, we are heading back out for another search. 

When?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

I can only speak for myself but I’d love a follow up. 

Maybe a “compilation”  follow-up briefly touching on the cases you’ve covered so far? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, desertdog said:

When?

I bet trolls, stalkers and creepers would love to know that as well 🙂 

• Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• Similar Content

• By SandiiiNicoleee
      So this case has been quite a buzz in the area I live in. It only recently is getting even a smidge of attention after another case was solved in December of 3 men in the same area shot execution style. 
      36 year old Bradley Brookes went on a fishing trip on august 18th in Flour bluff, Texas never to be heard from again. His car and fishing gear still inside the car and untouched were found by a tow trucker at his usual fishing spot but no Bradley. He was a Major mommas boy and updated her throughout his day just to talk to his mom and check in. When he didn't contact her and her granddaughter called her and said "Grandma, my dad didn't come home" she knew something wasn't right. His family described him as not the kind of man to just up and disappear without warning.
      https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/local/corpus-christi-man-still-missing-after-two-weeks/503-b8c6502a-ffd6-4356-8a02-615f57cf3731

• By desertdog
      First, this isn't meant to come across as a finger-wagging post.  It'll seem that way to some people, I suppose, but that's not the intention.
      I look at searches as broken down into two types when it comes to amateur and unorganized search efforts - hot and cold. 
      Cold searches are ones where a person has been missing for 6+ months, professional efforts have been suspended, and there is no active search planned or ongoing.  Hot searches are ones < 6 months old, and usually < 2 weeks old.  Those often have ongoing efforts by law enforcement and SAR, may involve related criminal or civil investigations, and often have significant resources dedicated to them. 
      As far as cold searches go, have fun and don't get lost/hurt. 
      As far as hot searches go, please don't get in the way.  If you have information, however thin, contact the LE agency overseeing the efforts and share what you know.  If you have photos, videos, or other evidence of the missing subject, please present it as clearly and concisely to LE as possible.  Unless you know an area intimately (hike/hunt there regularly, know the trails and terrain, etc.), please don't offer speculation unless asked.  It's very distracting to be receiving facts and speculative information in the same sentence. 
      Please don't go out and start looking, alone or with others, if you're not sworn LE/SAR.  Even then, no sworn LE/SAR members would go out there and search without authorization up the chain of command.  You'd be amazed at how much evidence is often destroyed by well-meaning parties out there looking for a lost subject.  Most of the time footprints are obliterated, but sometimes personal effects are picked up and removed.  Even if those are later handed over to LE, if you can't tell us EXACTLY where you found the item/evidence, it's condition at the time (wet, dry, torn, dirty, dusty, clean, inside out, etc.), you've just ruined what may have been a significant find.  If you do find something, take a picture (geotagging is great), take GPS coordinates (lat/lon are fine, but UTM is king IMO), note the date, time, and circumstances (was it windy?  did the item seem dry, despite a recent rain event?)
      I know people want to help, and I don't take that lightly.  I also know that I've trained with my colleagues for countless hours , day and night, for years now, to properly conduct searches, handle evidence, direct teams and resources, and to generally carry out a proper search.  When untrained people get in the way of a hot search, it causes problems.  Often, folks are nice and understanding and immediately leave the area when we ask them to leave.  The whole reason I'm part of SAR is because I want to do my small part for the community, and I know lots of people feel that way as well. 
      Rarely (though it happens) people get belligerent and threatening.  The last thing anyone on a SAR team wants to do mid-search is detain you and wait for a deputy to drag you away.  That cuts into our search time and really screws up the folks in ops and plans.  And, if I have to be the one to hike you back to CP and *then* hand you over to a deputy, things are going to be really unpleasant.  In the least, you'll get charged with a misdemeanor, and if it's a search related to possible criminal activity, you're talking a felony (not my call, and in the end, you can deal with the DA and the judge). 
      What's worse is when random people wander out to search, get hurt/lost and then become a second incident we need to deal with.  Resources are already stretched thin, and yes, we'll help you, but now the primary objective is receiving less attention.  That's a Very Bad Thing.  It's bad enough when someone on a SAR team gets hurt and we have an IWI to deal with - that usually throws everything into (more) chaos.
      Re-reading this, I know it sounds elitist and harsh.  SAR isn't an 'elite' bunch - we've got folks from all walks of life, young and old, dot-commers and contractors, retired Marines and overworked attorneys.  The big thing that sets us apart is lots and lots and lots of constant training. 
      If you really, really want to be involved, contact your local Sheriff's SAR unit and apply.  If anyone has questions about SAR and what it's like, feel free to ask or send a PM.  Teams can always use new volunteers, and skills are always in demand.  While each SAR team is different in some ways, the generalities outweigh the distinctions. 
    • By EWU Emma
      REPOSTED

Scott Madden (38 years old) vanished without a trace on July 13th, 2019. He was last seen that Saturday night at 9:45 PM and had told family he was going out for a swim. He took his mother's silver Toyota 4Runner and never returned.
      4 days later, that same silver Toyota 4Runner was discovered parked by a large green dumpster at Galena Creek Regional Park by a park ranger - but not just ANY park ranger.
      We verified with Scott's family that the same park ranger we had a creepy encounter with was the SAME park ranger who discovered the 4Runner. He acted incredibly strange when we mentioned Scott's case.
      WATCH HERE:https://youtu.be/iFjr49GmtQU
      According to Scott's family, this same park ranger recalled seeing the silver 4Runner parked in the lot on Saturday... the VERY night that Scott disappeared. He didn't call the vehicle in until WEDNESDAY. Even more disturbing is that this park is NOT a camping area as some have assumed. It's a fishing and picnic park, and NOT for overnight use. The park is locked up every single night. This means every night, the ranger was knowingly locking someone inside for FOUR NIGHTS STRAIGHT without reporting it...
      Scott's wallet was inside the truck, but the keys are still missing. Search & rescue teams scoured the surrounding dense woods but came back empty handed. Search dogs didn't find anything either. It was as if Scott was never even there.
      It's important to mention that some media is reporting that Scott is a missing veteran. This is false and based on the license plates of the silver 4Runner, which again, was his mother's vehicle. His father is a veteran.
      We verified with family that Scott did NOT have PTSD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or ANY OTHER MENTAL ILLNESS.

This is the last photo Scott ever took (pictured with his daughter). As you can see, Scott left the home wearing a reddish-completed colored t-shirt, navy blue swimming trunks, and Reef-style sandals. This picture was taken within 10 minutes of him leaving the home to go for a swim. His daughter had asked for him not to leave and stay home with her.
      According to Scott's family, before he left the home, he was "texting away furiously on his phone, ostensibly to arrange a hookup with some girl (he used POF and maybe Tinder to meet girls)". Because he wasn't using SMS to communicate with whoever he was talking to, Verizon didn't have any text records. Again, according to family, "he was either using POF/Tinder/What'sApp/etc. to communicate with whomever it was he was arranging to meet up with".
      Scott's phone - an iPhone XS Max - remains missing as well. The Air Force confirmed his phone tried to establish a data connection at 1:10am and 1:40am on the morning of Sunday, July 14th.
      What do YOU think happened to Scott Madden?

Important Information