• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/OU88lgFQRLo

UPDATE: Vickie Sisneros has been found.

1019654497_cornercanyon.PNG.3ec7d307ff7a80b87ed26fed389e3878.PNG

@EWU Emma's post:

That's so sad. I'm glad she was found, but I can't believe Pershing County left her there to die... Unbelievable and sickening. Gross how Corner Canyon Investigations thanks Pershing County Sheriff's Department when they are the reason Vickie isn't here today. If they had just gotten off their lazy asses, Vickie wouldn't have died. The family literally told us over and over again that Pershing County Sheriff wasn't taking them seriously or helping.

Also gotta love how they don't mention us at all when they list "all the wonderful people" out there searching in a sad attempt to snub us... These people always get weirdly possessive over these cases and try to gatekeep who can cover them. It's a really gross way to view someone's loved one who is missing. One of the Utah Search Dogs guys left a weird ass comment on our video talking about how much more time he spent out there like it's a competition. Some people no longer view the missing as people, but instead as a pissing contest over who can find them first.

Guess that's the thanks we get from Corner Canyon after we brought her case to the attention of half a million people. At least the family really appreciated our video. In the end, all that matters is they got closure.

@EWU Bob's post:

Thanks to Pershing County Sheriff, who the family told us was not helping at all, who left her out there to die, okay ... What did Pershing County Sheriff do exactly, besides ignore her 911 call for help? 

It's so strange how some feel the need to gate keep missing persons cases. They get strangely possessive over the cases and don't want anyone else out there to help find these people. Kinda creepy! 

It's kinda sad because if we stop making missing persons videos (which we are seriously considering due to the many times we have experienced this), the only ones who suffer are the family members looking for closure and any help they can get. They are always so grateful for any exposure on these cases, and we usually get at least a half million views, which is a lot publicity.

We always put the GPS coordinates out there so others can search. We also put up signs so people can keep an eye out. It's not a competition of who can find the missing person, the goal should be to just bring the family closure. 

To be honest though, it's kinda demoralizing to know you're going to always deal with these weirdos who feel possessive over the cases. We can just go out and explore and get just as many views, so it's hard to justify dealing with these weirdos any longer. 

Where is the credit to the hunter who found Vickies vehicle? He is the one who should be credited with finding her, for if he didn't find the vehicle, they would have had no idea where to even start the search. 

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:

Vital Statistics: Overweight smoker and not a hiker. 

Vickie got stuck on the rocks in trinity canyon and attempted to free herself. She called 911 and two towing companies according to her family, but the Pershing County Sheriff Department did not send out search and rescue and the tow trucks would not help her as she was out of money. Her vehicle was located months later by a hunter. 

Before she went missing she was arrested twice, and then went on an unintended "road trip". 

I'll add vehicle location and our search tracks soon. 

Vehicle GPS Location: 40.33479, -118.51088

• Sad 6

If anyone has any theories on this case, please feel free to share them here. I would love to hear what everyone thinks! We are planning to head back out for another search soon for a follow up video. 

• Love 1

Do you think she could of been kidnapped for human trafficking? Or did she meet someone somewhere and was hijacked and forced to drive there and they took her because she knew to much 

I am not sure, my current thoughts on Vickie is that she was on a "road trip" to try and get her life back in order, but in a manic state she drove way out in the middle of nowhere and got stuck. If she hadn't called 911 and 3 tow companies, I would think otherwise, but all the evidence seems to suggest it was just an awful accident. 

We almost included her arrests in the video, but once we found out she called for help from multiple sources, we felt it didn't add anything useful to the video. 

• Love 3

My opinion she wasn’t in a manic state  if she called 911 and tow companies. That’s logical thinking at that point. Wrong turn is the most likely. Got stuck. If  I’d known I’m stuck and help isn’t coming. I’d start hiking too. 

• Love 1

Do you think her calling the police was a cover for her running away from her family, to make it look like she was stranded, did anyone see where the cellphone pinged at, was it near her car or from a distance away 

I am not sure, but I do know that the Sheriff could have easily found her if they had used any type of aircraft to fly over, her vehicle was at the very top of the mountain and would have stuck out like a sore thumb, Then you have the fact that she called three tow companies, and there was a lot of evidence that she tried very hard to get her vehicle unstuck. She tried so much that her tires were completely bald. The guy who found her vehicle said it appeared she had been there for a while, and there was also evidence that she used the restroom while she was there. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Why do some many people go missing, the fear of being alone in the middle of nowhere and nothing to protect yourself and when u run out of water and food, and then your mind and eyed play games on you, I couldn’t imagine being in that situation and being helpless, I hope there can be something done with these missing persons,

• Love 3

10 minutes ago, javafunk said:

As sad as it is... if you want results to many of your searches... A cadaver dog would be my recommendation .

The family had cadaver dogs come in from Utah and they were unable to find any traces of her. 

• Wow 1

thanx for the reply. sad... but their failure with the dogs on 1 case doesn't mean it couldn't be a good resource for ewu... maybe and update candidate for your logo?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, javafunk said:

thanx for the reply. sad... but their failure with the dogs on 1 case doesn't mean it couldn't be a good resource for ewu... maybe and update candidate for your logo?

I would like to find a good handler with a good dog. I do know someone who is a trained handler with some good dogs, but he is too far away to come all the way to where this happened. From what I have heard from some folks I know who work with SAR is that a good dog is only as good as a good handler and it takes many years of experience to become a good handler. I think the best approach would be to find a local experienced handler with some good dogs. 

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, javafunk said:

Any luck on acquiring a drone?

No, they have recently changed the drone pilot license again making it even more of a PITA to get a drone. The FAA has made it so difficult to fly a toy drone that it's not even worth the trouble! 😡

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Blacklab788 said:

Do you have a heat gun, do look for the body heat in the dark or light? 

Yes, I do have a thermal camera, but unless the person is alive, it's not much good. 

• Like 2

I was thinking about the mine in the beginning of the video, are there more in the area that she could have taken shelter in?

• Love 2

Yes, there are a ton of mines in the area. I need to get back out there with proper gear and search the mines. It was summer, so it would of been super hot, so she may have sought refuge in a mine adit. 

Still no updates for Vickie, hope we can get back out there after the snow melts to conduct another search! Her brother has contacted us stating he has more information and we are awaiting reply.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 9:55 PM, Lilith Q said:

My opinion she wasn’t in a manic state  if she called 911 and tow companies. That’s logical thinking at that point. Wrong turn is the most likely. Got stuck. If  I’d known I’m stuck and help isn’t coming. I’d start hiking too. 

Lilith, people in manic states can be quite capable of thinking logically.

This case proves that not all police departments are created equal, sadly.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think there’s a simple explanation to what happened. I think she needed some time to think and be on her own for awhile, so she just started driving. I think she had a lot on her mind, and accidentally got stranded in the middle of nowhere. The tow companies would not help her, so she panicked and started hiking. With limited water, she likely became dehydrated quickly and became immobilized. After her body expired, predatory animals got to her. This is probably why there’s no trace of her body. 

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 7:41 PM, DAW89446 said:

Even with animal munchies, I think there would still be skeletal remains.

Good point, this isn't too far from where Jeff Kirkwood went missing and was found months later. His remains were skeletal, but still in tact. 

If you need help scouting the mines, I don't think I'm doing anything this Saturday.  I doubt she would have gone in more than a few yards, though.  It takes a certain kind of crazy (or stupid, in my case) to go deep into an old mine. 

The question I keep asking myself (and come up empty) is, "What is the path of least resistance for an obese, bipolar woman, unprepared for the climate and terrain, with a possible drug habit and no apparent means of self-rescue?"

I've looked at the terrain models, I dug up the high/low temperatures for her date of disappearance + 7 days, I've calculated and recalculated her likely travel speed on foot, I've drawn enough circles around her LKP that my kids think I'm trying to do an art project.  Nothing makes sense on this one, except that Bob appears to have not checked two cardinal directions from where her car was found (LKP).  If she had service and could get a rudimentary Google map up on her phone, she probably straight-lined it (an area Bob didn't have time to cover before bad weather set in).  That, by the way, is not a slight about Bob - his crew simply didn't have the time and resources to hit everything. 

If I was planning this one for multiple operational periods, I'd be looking where Bob didn't, and probably not more than 3 miles out, initially.  She's close to her car, if she didn't catch a ride out of there and then meet a different fate. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1