• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dragonking12

Coronavirus outbreak

10 hours ago, Alex LaBonte said:

Thats nothing, they are on the other side of my fence! 

IMG_8976.JPG

Hopefully none of them sneeze and cough getting off the plane 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Sorry...don't wanna freak anyone out. Someone added me to a coronavirus Facebook group and I can't help but see some posts. Maybe I'll stay in the group, but it is starting to freak me out. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Christie said:

Sorry...don't wanna freak anyone out. Someone added me to a coronavirus Facebook group and I can't help but see some posts. Maybe I'll stay in the group, but it is starting to freak me out. 

No, don't be sorry, Christie! I was (half) joking! 🤣 I'm glad you posted it!

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Does anyone know if it has a worse mortality rate than the flu? I just read somewhere that since November (or something like that), 10,000 Americans died from the flu alone.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Right now this say its weaker then the SARS VIRUS.  I'll try to get some stats.

My question is how radical will the Chinese government be on those citizens , if the number of 90 thousand is accurate.

Side note the second news story is also interesting albeit not related (the tunnel)

• Love 1

I don't know, but here is a YouTube news channel...they have been posting a lot of updates but i haven't watched any because i know it will freak me out. Here is their latest video. 

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, dragonking12 said:

this is the latest data I got from the virus. not sure if it is fully updated or not. 

image.png

At least the number recovered is higher than deaths! Hopefully it keeps rising and deaths stop 😭

• Love 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dragonking12 said:

this is the latest data I got from the virus. not sure if it is fully updated or not. 

image.png

Those numbers are accurate. And if one compares the last two totals on this thread,  the recovery total is increaning faster then the mortality rate.

Here is another peice;

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/coronavirus-deaths-pass-350-first-international-death-recorded-everything-we-know/#confirmedcases

"Some experts are saying it is the most infectious virus ever seen -- that is not correct," MacIntyre said. "If it was highly infectious (more infectious than influenza as suggested by some) we should have seen hundreds, if not thousands of cases outside of China by now, given Wuhan is a major travel hub."

China has suggested the virus can spread before symptoms present. 

Edited by ArcticThunder
Error
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

Here we go again with the media...you just don't know who to believe anymore.

This National Enquirer type of reporting has really gotten out of hand. 

I read somewhere a few days ago that they think the virus was started by snakes?   Don't know if there is any truth to that or not.

It may get to the point where I might drive up to one of those EWU crew approved hillbilly cabins up there and ride it out.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

At present, there not enough facts to warranted great concern. Monitoring is sufficient. 

However those squatters that EWU encountered would probably fair better in a virus outbreak then us city folks. So maybe Rustednut63 is onto something.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Love is in the air... sad. I live in a mix community. Many of our asian populace wear their medical mask in town. 

How many confirmed cases have been reported?

Authorities have confirmed over 20,000 cases as of Feb. 3.

In the US, 11 cases have been confirmed: six in California, two in Illinois and one each in Washington state, Massachusetts and Arizona. Canada has four confirmed cases. On Feb. 1, Australia's confirmed cases jumped to 12. Two cases have been confirmed in the UK. 

Over 23,000 people are being trackedas of Feb. 3. According to CGTN, a Chinese media service, more than 900 people have recovered. 👍

• Love 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

I heard they are building it only for the patients with conoravirus. They will build it in 10 days🤷‍♂️

Yes, that is what I read too. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Christie said:

Right now I have no great concern with the virus. However I am not too sure what the Chinese government will do to its people.

Here is how I worded the matter on an earlier comment;

My question is how radical will the Chinese government be on those citizens, if the number of 90 thousand is accurate.

The government will do anything to keep the virus from spreading. This large speculative number of 90 thousand is disconcerting and problematic for the Chinese people.

• Love 2
  • Like 1