• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dragonking12

Coronavirus outbreak

2 hours ago, DAW89446 said:

ūüėé

Seriously, I detest public spitters. They hack and spit everywhere. It’s disgusting.

I see an employee of a restaurant use the toilet and then head straight for the kitchen, I never return. I was in Reno recently and a Carl’s Jr. had such a filthy bathroom - no soap, no paper towels, scummy and calcified faucet, mold in the corners and edges, plugged toilet, rusted urinal, overflowing trash can. You just know the employees aren’t washing, at least in there and I hope there was a sink in the kitchen to use to wash. Made me wonder what was lurking in my burger.

This reminded me of the time we were in Rachel Nevada and were planning on eating at the Little Ale'inn. There was a guy out back wearing rubber gloves, smoking a cigarette, and appeared to be cleaning something up. We walked into the restaurant to order some food and guess who comes inside, goes straight into the kitchen and starts cooking ... with the same rubber gloves he was wearing a few seconds before! We walked straight out and have never returned. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 7

This is not a new virus, Dettol have had it on there info label for years stating dettol kills it....perhaps Dettol should enter the Chinese market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LadybytheLake said:

Any reported cases in Miami? On this, the Superbowl weekend.

I have not heard anything about a case in miami FL. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LadybytheLake said:

Any reported cases in Miami? On this, the Superbowl weekend.

They are waiting for the results if it is positive or negative they have tested on two males at Miami university. Results will be out in 24 to 48 hours.

• Like 2

I dont buy it.  There is always some lethal something outbreak going somewhere.  Chicken Fever, The swine flu, Beriberi, Every year its something like this.  Every year its something new.  We should start a pool on next years Deadly Ailment.  I've got 5 bucks on Spanish Influenza.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, LadybytheLake said:

2 years over due for it's centennial celebration

Oh that means it's more likely to strike!!! I'm doubling my bet!! 10 bucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those interested Here are the stats as of 31 Jan:

CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK (updated 31 Jan)

Total Confirmed

Total Deaths

Total Recovered

Confirmed per Country/Region

14,375   Mainland China

20   Japan
19   Thailand
18   Singapore
15   South Korea
14   Hong Kong
12   Australia
10   Taiwan
8     Germany

8   US

8   Malaysia
7   Macau
6   France
6   Vietnam

4   Canada

4   United Arab Emirates
2   Italy
2   Russia
2   Philippines
2   UK
1   Nepal
1   Cambodia
1   Spain
1   Finland
1   Sweden
1   India
1   Sri Lanka

Link:  
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/85320e2ea5424dfaaa75ae62e5c06e61

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • Wow 2

Now I’m very late to this conversation, but I am not worried in the least about this. As someone on page one pointed out, just as big of a deal was made out of the swine flu.  

Knock on wood, but I haven’t had a flu shot since 1998, and have yet to catch the flu since.  

Had a flu shot in 1995, 1996, 1998 and all three times I caught the flu and thought I was dying......   I’m in the public safety field and frequently encounter the worst of the worst the human race has to offer.  

• Like 5

I agree that worrying about this virus is not beneficial. Although there has been deaths (no disrespect to those who are in mourning) the numbers are currently in favour for recovery. This can quickly change. The people who really need to take precautions are the elderly population and people suffering from a weak immune system. 

In Toronto where SARS had once shut the city down for a period,  people are still generally unaffected by the virus with few exceptions. This could also change.

Frankly I am more concerned about the few who hack their freakin lungs out over the fresh produce section of a grocery store. The shoppers would not even know. Yummy fresh mucous! We now have to wash our fruits and vegs with an ultra-industrialised spray gun before eating!

• Like 4

Last time I was sick I caught the swine flu, years ago. Maybe 2009? Seems like I survived. But I am definitely more aware of common cleanliness. Washing hands regularly goes a long way. Anyway. What has happened to the other 13,904 people?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

I agree that worrying about this virus is not beneficial. Although there has been deaths (no disrespect to those who are in mourning) the numbers are currently in favour for recovery. This can quickly change. The people who really need to take precautions are the elderly population and people suffering from a weak immune system. 

In Toronto where SARS had once shut the city down for a period,  people are still generally unaffected by the virus with few exceptions. This could also change.

Frankly I am more concerned about the few who hack their freakin lungs out over the fresh produce section of a grocery store. The shoppers would not even know. Yummy fresh mucous! We now have to wash our fruits and vegs with an ultra-industrialised spray gun before eating!

Deaths from incidents such as this will always be exacerbated by the fake news media.  Just like the swine flu.  And u you are spot on about the idiots who will cough up their lungs on produce and other consumable goods in grocery stores. 

To be honest, ¬†I feel like my immune system is very strong because of my profession and even as much¬†of a introvert outside of work¬†as I am exposing myself to such illnesses. ¬†And I‚Äôm not the type to get the sniffles and will run to the doctor and get antibiotics. ¬†The overuse of such medications IMHO is what helps breed these ‚Äúsuper viruses‚ÄĚ.¬†

• Like 2

To LadybytheLake

I can only assumed that those people are being monitored and treated with no indication of significant improvement at this time.

To DavidfromTexas

100 % agree with you on the overuse of medication especially anti-biotics.

It has become my¬†philosophical outlook to reduce and remove all prescription from my life. I have significantly reduce those medication with supervision of my health team. I was on insulin, gliclazide, alertec and God only knows what else.¬† I am almost drug free. Proper eating and regular exercises¬†are the reason for my better¬†blood sugar count. Go figure!ūüėĀ

We need to at least curb our medicine intake. Not all medical teams promotes medication as the first solution to better health.

• Love 3

On 1/30/2020 at 7:01 PM, desertdog said:

Please, can we use the proper terminology for this disease?

"Kung-flu".

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20200202-133453_Facebook~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Oh great...they are supposed to bring the people from China that were flown to the U.S., to Lackland Air Force Base, which is like 20 miles from my home.   Going to quarantine something like 250 of them in military housing on base for 2 weeks.  Our " city leaders " are a bunch of morons, and based on their previous screw-ups, I have zero faith in their reassurance of safety. Nice knowing you guys lol.

I took my Flintstones chewable vitamin today, so I ain't worried.

0115040103060116062007122962153561226ded459b006f20.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3

29 minutes ago, Rustednut63 said:

Oh great...they are supposed to bring the people from China that were flown to the U.S., to Lackland Air Force Base, which is like 20 miles from my home.   Going to quarantine something like 250 of them in military housing on base for 2 weeks.  Our " city leaders " are a bunch of morons, and based on their previous screw-ups, I have zero faith in their reassurance of safety. Nice knowing you guys lol.

My best friend lives there. Actually I don't think she lives on base.... still too close! I read somewhere they will go into quarantine for 2 weeks or something like that?! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rustednut63 said:

they also brought people to March air force base, witch is not far from where im at. im just next county over. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Christie said:

My best friend lives there. Actually I don't think she lives on base.... still too close! I read somewhere they will go into quarantine for 2 weeks or something like that?! 

That's what I've read anyway. 14 day quarantine and multiple tests. Supposedly , they were tested for the virus 3 times before they boarded the plane in China. I'm not too worried about it. Yet.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dragonking12 said:

they also brought people to March air force base, witch is not far from where im at. im just next county over. 

Thats nothing, they are on the other side of my fence! 

IMG_8976.JPG

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

CORONA VIRUS OUTBREAK

(outdated 31 Jan)
Total Confirmed
Total Deaths
Total Recovered

------------------------------

CURRENT

Total Confirmed 
Total Deaths
Total Recovered

I understand that there are many ways to interpret stats but I chose to lean towards  an optimistic point of view. Yes the Total Death did increase and we shouldn't trivialize one single life. They are all precious. However as of this moment the Total Recovered is increasing faster then the mortality rate. To me that's a good sign.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Remember that there are many in isolation. Apparently there's about a ten day incubation period before the virus shows its ugly head.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2