• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dragonking12

Coronavirus outbreak

14 hours ago, Stretch said:

I cleaned international airlines firings SARS, including Malaysian and Singapore Airlines. Made sure I had every vaccine possible. Fun times 

We went through Hong Kong airport in October and a lot of the desk and security people already had masks on. Apparently it's common starting around Flu season. I hope you got paid well for what you did!

• Like 3

On 1/26/2020 at 6:49 AM, LadybytheLake said:

Yes, the media turns everything into a huge deal. But I think in this case it's better to be slightly watchful. With disease like this being spread so easily, so quickly, before any medication is made to fight it. It could one day be a global problem. Not saying we should bunker down, but there is such a strong possibility that something like this could travel worldwide before we know what's happening. Is it weird that im more afraid of plagues than war?

The Spanish Influenza immediately after WW1 killed more than 50 million world wide. As a historical researcher into eastern California and Nevada history, in the newspapers of the day from these places were mention of locals suddenly getting sick then dying quickly. You’ll see a lot of headstones in ghost town cemeteries with a notation of the one buried died of influenza or other names common at the time.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 10:11 AM, EWU Bob said:

Limit contact with others (which is nearly impossible in our society). 

I don’t know about impossible. Go into any crowd large or small, and everyone is so glued to their smart phones that they don’t know anyone else exists ... :classic_blush:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2020 at 11:03 AM, Drew B said:

I've lost count of how many of these Pandemic scares there have been. As usual stores get cleaned out of masks and gloves etc..  Maybe the media should post the numbers of how many people the common FLU kills each year or high blood pressure. I never see the media give front page to people dying from starvation or lack of clean drinking water or even air pollution. 😦

Now that Koby Bryant has died, that will be the end of the Coronavirus hype, or anything else on the news for that matter ... At least for a week or two.

3 hours ago, Christie said:

I tried to share the actual article but it wouldn't let me. 

I pretty much just bought 2 packs of N95 mask, total 24 mask... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drew B said:

Liz and I got Flu shots for the first time this year. I know it doesn't cover all the strains but even 50% coverage better than none. I prefer your method of going out into the desert away from all the sick people 😉

We haven't taken a flu shot in almost 10 years now. I would continue to take them though if you currently do, but it might be good to also add in some Elderberries. If you get a chance, check out clinical studies on Elderberry and flu, there are a lot of studies out there on this. We have never caught the flu while supplementing with Elderberry. You can still catch other illnesses though, but it sure seems to work for the flu, even when the flu is going around school my children have protected when taking elderberry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EWU Bob said:

We haven't taken a flu shot in almost 10 years now. If you get a chance, check out clinical studies on Elderberry and flu, there are a lot of studies out there on this. We have never caught the flu while supplementing with Elderberry. You can still catch other illnesses though, but it sure seems to work for the flu, even when the flu is going around school my children have protected when taking elderberry. 

Liz takes a few herbal preventative supplements as well. She'll be interested in the Elderberry so thanks for sharing. Worse thing about the flu for me is not being able to do my usual daily routine. I can handle all the nasty symptoms etc. but laying around doing nothing is a pain. Boredom is not something I handle well 😉

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Drew B said:

We went through Hong Kong airport in October and a lot of the desk and security people already had masks on. Apparently it's common starting around Flu season. I hope you got paid well for what you did!

I wish we had the same social norms here, think about how many illnesses could be avoided if we just wore simple masks when out in public or at schools when flu season hit! 

• Love 2

I don't think I'm particularly clean or sanitary, don't get flu shots ever, and I don't get sick often at all. Your body needs to be exposed to the little things they are like little workouts for your immune system. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drew B said:

Liz takes a few herbal preventative supplements as well. She'll be interested in the Elderberry so thanks for sharing. Worse thing about the flu for me is not being able to do my usual daily routine. I can handle all the nasty symptoms etc. but laying around doing nothing is a pain. Boredom is not something I handle well 😉

Definitely look into the research, you'll find mountains of clinical studies on Elderberry and the flu on PubMed.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I enjoy watching this guy from time to time...let's see what he has to say about everything! 

• Love 4

On 1/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, EWU Bob said:

I wish we had the same social norms here, think about how many illnesses could be avoided if we just wore simple masks when out in public or at schools when flu season hit! 

I have to admit when Flu season at it's peak we'll avoid Hockey games and that type of environment. Some people still just hack & yack without covering. Even worse are the spitters and open air sneezers (public spitting should be illegal ). Absolute Worst thing is seeing guys leave the public washroom without washing their hands. I feel like shouting after them so everyone knows. 🤢Gross.  There.. I'm done venting    🙃

• Love 2
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Drew B said:

I have to admit when Flu season at it's peak we'll avoid Hockey games and that type of environment. Some people still just hack & yack without covering. Even worse are the spitters and open air sneezers (public spitting should be illegal ). Absolute Worst thing is seeing guys leave the public washroom without washing their hands. I feel like shouting after them so everyone knows. 🤢Gross.  There.. I'm done venting    🙃

Sad but true!

• Love 2

21 hours ago, Drew B said:

I would read this just before lunch ... :classic_huh:

• Haha 4

I live in the Toronto area and currently a husband and wife have been confirmed positive for the virus. Although I'm not one to worry too much I can't shake what happen in Toronto years back with SARS.

The public health officials say that they are better prepared this time. Who am I to argue. I will use common sense. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2020 at 5:39 PM, Christie said:

I enjoy watching this guy from time to time...let's see what he has to say about everything! 

He is indeed reporting the same info as the Toronto officials. 

Two days ago I had an appointment with my diabetic nurse at a public health centre and the virus protocal was in place. The receptionists ask if I travelled in China and directed me (more like ordered me) to wash my hands with sanitizer. The number of people with masks on was quite odd. I didn't see any staff wearing them.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, desertdog said:

Please, can we use the proper terminology for this disease?

"Kung-flu".

Thank you. 

Humour is the best medicine.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, DAW89446 said:

I would read this just before lunch ... :classic_huh:

Sorry not very sensitive of me. 😄

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, EWU Bob said:

Kids would probably wear them if they were made in a bandanna style with trendy prints. Wait.....I think we need to visit the Shark Tank with that idea 💲💲💲🦈

• Like 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, Christie said:

I tried to share the actual article but it wouldn't let me. 

While reading the article I found the linkhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mx8xKcQMTRs&feature=youtu.be

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT.  There appeared to have been an oddly similar Pandemic Outbreak Exercise of the Corona virus, 6 weeks before the the first reported case of the said virus. The said exercise were limited to executives.

22 hours ago, Drew B said:

Sorry not very sensitive of me. 😄

😎

Seriously, I detest public spitters. They hack and spit everywhere. It’s disgusting.

I see an employee of a restaurant use the toilet and then head straight for the kitchen, I never return. I was in Reno recently and a Carl’s Jr. had such a filthy bathroom - no soap, no paper towels, scummy and calcified faucet, mold in the corners and edges, plugged toilet, rusted urinal, overflowing trash can. You just know the employees aren’t washing, at least in there and I hope there was a sink in the kitchen to use to wash. Made me wonder what was lurking in my burger.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 6:21 AM, EWU Emma said:

OMG, I would be WAY too paranoid having to be on a flight during this outbreak. 😂

Everytime someone coughs...

shocked jim carrey GIF

Holy shit......we’d all turn into Jim Carey?

• Haha 2