• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

dragonking12

Coronavirus outbreak

what do you guys think about this outbreak? their is no vaccine and it's spreading to other country also. 

• Love 6

The media over sensationalizes everything so much that it's difficult to tell how bad it actually is. I'm kinda getting flashbacks to when everyone thought ebola was going to kill everyone. 😂

• Love 10
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

The media over sensationalizes everything so much that it's difficult to tell how bad it actually is. I'm kinda getting flashbacks to when everyone thought ebola was going to kill everyone. 😂

I remember when they did the same thing for the N1H1 LOL 

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

If anyone dies and turns into zombies, then something is up. Lame I know, haha.

Actually, have no clue what to make of it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Here I was planning on flying for the first time in over a decade, ugh lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Don't forget SARS, Ebola, MRSA, and so many other outbreaks that were going to kill us all. Of course one of these times they will be correct, but all you can do is prepare, wait, and see. 

• Love 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, MB64 said:

Here I was planning on flying for the first time in over a decade, ugh lol

OMG, I would be WAY too paranoid having to be on a flight during this outbreak. 😂

Everytime someone coughs...

shocked jim carrey GIF

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, EWU Emma said:

OMG, I would be WAY too paranoid having to be on a flight during this outbreak. 😂

Everytime someone coughs...

shocked jim carrey GIF

Would be a couple short flights from Tucson to Phoenix and finally to Sacramento but yeah lol give me a full hazmat suit. My mom flew into Toronto Canada when the whole SARS thing was at its peak, no probs then.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, MB64 said:

Would be a couple short flights from Tucson to Phoenix and finally to Sacramento but yeah lol give me a full hazmat suit. My mom flew into Toronto Canada when the whole SARS thing was at its peak, no probs then.

Give me a full hazmat suit too! Your mom is brave, I would NOT be able to handle that! 😂

• Love 3

Yes, the media turns everything into a huge deal. But I think in this case it's better to be slightly watchful. With disease like this being spread so easily, so quickly, before any medication is made to fight it. It could one day be a global problem. Not saying we should bunker down, but there is such a strong possibility that something like this could travel worldwide before we know what's happening. Is it weird that im more afraid of plagues than war?

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I usually never read or watch the news, so I wasn't even aware of this illness until Emma mentioned it to me, and now I remember why I never read the news. It's all media sensationalized click bait which causes panic among the masses.

Newsflash, 10 out of 10 people WILL DIE! 

Could this be something really bad? Of course, but the media seems to cause more problems than it helps! Do they really want the entire world freaking out and panicking? Wouldn't it be better to instead try to calm the masses and help them be prepared for worst case scenario? Of course, but that doesn't get the clicks and views, and trust me, I know as it's the same on YouTube.

It's unfortunate, but if you aren't able to get someone to click to read, it will never get read. I think the masses have been so overly click baited over the years that nothing else seems to catch public attention unless it's sensationalized.  

So what can we do to prepare for not only this possible pandemic, but any future pandemic? Let's talk about some ideas everyone has for preparing instead of panicking.

I don't think it's weird that you're more afraid of plagues, it seems reasonable to me! 

Here are some ideas for worst case scenario:

Stay healthy, eat health, and exercise. Most of these illnesses kill those with weakened immune systems (the old and the young). One should do this anyway. 

Limit intake of sugar (carbs) as sugar has been shown in many studies to suppress your immune system for up to 4 hours after ingestion. 

Practice good hygiene. Wash your hand, cover your coughs and sneezes, and make sure if it's in your area to wear a proper mask, wrap around safety glasses, and rubber gloves. Seems this specific Coronavirus can enter through your eyeballs. 

Limit contact with others (which is nearly impossible in our society). 

I am sure I could go on, but I want to hear what others think. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Newsflash, 10 out of 10 people WILL DIE!

Wait, didn't all of those people drink water?

CNN: PEOPLE WHO DRINK WATER WiLL DIE

• Love 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

Give me a full hazmat suit too! Your mom is brave, I would NOT be able to handle that! 😂

i will need an xxxxxxxl sized hazmat suit

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I usually never read or watch the news, so I wasn't even aware of this illness until Emma mentioned it to me, and now I remember why I never read the news. It's all media sensationalized click bait which causes

I've lost count of how many of these Pandemic scares there have been. As usual stores get cleaned out of masks and gloves etc..  Maybe the media should post the numbers of how many people the common FLU kills each year or high blood pressure. I never see the media give front page to people dying from starvation or lack of clean drinking water or even air pollution. 😦

• Love 5
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drew B said:

I've lost count of how many of these Pandemic scares there have been. As usual stores get cleaned out of masks and gloves etc..  Maybe the media should post the numbers of how many people the common FLU kills each year or high blood pressure. I never see the media give front page to people dying from starvation or lack of clean drinking water or even air pollution. 😦

Funny you mention that, I was just looking at the flu statistics myself and it's amazing how many die each year from the flu. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, benskev said:

Wait, didn't all of those people drink water?

CNN: PEOPLE WHO DRINK WATER WiLL DIE

It's called *Corona* virus for a reason...

Alright, I'll see myself out.

• Love 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Martin Kolesar said:

It's called *corona* virus for a reason...

Alright, I'll see myself out.

good thing its not called the Guiness virus

• Haha 7

Well crap, it's in Arizona 👎 person lives in Tempe.

• Sad 3
  • Wow 1

it can be scary since we don't really know how bad it can be i hope they can figure something out before it keep's getting to other state's 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

I cleaned international airlines firings SARS, including Malaysian and Singapore Airlines. Made sure I had every vaccine possible. Fun times 

• Wow 5

21 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Funny you mention that, I was just looking at the flu statistics myself and it's amazing how many die each year from the flu. 

Liz and I got Flu shots for the first time this year. I know it doesn't cover all the strains but even 50% coverage better than none. I prefer your method of going out into the desert away from all the sick people 😉

• Love 5