• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shikezi

Cemetery's....

Where I live here in good old TN, there are quite a few old cemetery's lost and forgotten and sometimes a pain in the ass to get to. I absolutely adore going to them and checking out all the dates, the stones, and just getting a feel for the area. A lot of times it is a bit sad considering a lot of them are left to just decay without anyone caring for them. I don't usually go to them for the "haunted" feel considering I'm more amused by how people react than if something did happen. Does anyone else enjoy going to old cemetery's or looking for the really old ones hidden down old logging roads or in one case I came across an old abandoned church area...church burned down and the graveyard was just left. 

I can't be the only cemetery crawler around here....

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I like finding those forgotten cemeteries that nobody seems to visit anymore. I have found a lot of them and always enjoy reading the names and dates and the odd story that some add to the head stone. I wish more included the story of the individual who now rests beneath. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

@EWU Bob we have a family cemetery up in Maine where every headstone is a Kelley. I haven’t been there since I was a kid but I know I will go back at least one more time. 🤔🥺

• Love 1
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dennis78382 said:

@EWU Bob we have a family cemetery up in Maine where every headstone is a Kelley. I haven’t been there since I was a kid but I know I will go back at least one more time. 🤔🥺

Why will you go back? O wait.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Quite a few rather large family cemeteries around my area as well. With 30 plus people buried from one family over the years. Have a few that were old patients from mental institutions. Always interesting going to them.

I agree with wishing there was more information on the people buried as it is sad they are forgotten over time.

• Like 3

I like to find old abandoned cemeteries.  Usually they are around something else that's been abandoned for just as long. 

All across Fort Lewis is several smaller pioneer Cemeteries.  Usually just a couple graves from an early settlers family. I believe the biggest is only about 6 or so graves.   Most the time close by them you'll find remains of a cabin or two. Some fruit trees usually as well. A couple the only thing left is a chimney made rock. And several that's the only thing left still visible is the graves.

Out in other areas theres more abandoned cemeteries but I've only been to a few. Theres a well known allegedly haunted one in a notorious location called Starvation Heights.  It's now private property and being maintained. But used to be able to go in there.  The local kids turned it into a party spot and did a lot of damage.   Theres also a vast amount of unmarked graves in a local asylum that's still in operation on a smaller scale.  Pretty good sized area that used to include an abandoned complex of buildings. One of my first Urbex explores was there way way way way back. Before there was airplanes and telephones. It's been demolished and removed now. Safety concerns about collapsing and toxic materials asbestos etc. They did use it for earthquake training for a while after blowing them up for a few years.  Its counterpart up to the north has had several vids posted on YouTube. Northern State Hospital Sedro Wooley Washington. 

• Like 2

we have a few about 20 mins from my home very old and new i get a peaceful feeling 

• Like 2

It's really a shame what happened to those Cemeteries. Makes me wonder if that will happen to all Cemeteries when they run out of money and no one cares.

• Love 2

Some pics of the old Sitka Alaska  Russian cemetery we visited a few years ago.

1grv.thumb.jpg.bfb8f54014a4c7f9f1e13aeb0fe05b3f.jpg

2Dsc02873.thumb.jpg.48c7b110792f7ae370d3f65476e4e853.jpg

Dsc02877.thumb.jpg.28bf1ad3dd498a771995cf0bc963bb97.jpg

66grv.thumb.jpg.6b594ed5cceea670170ed7c6e0f58fb8.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Visiting cemeteries is probably a passion of mine and that one looks fantastic. I have 2 I'm going to go visit, one of which is basically hidden and abandones in the mountains. Ill add some pictures when I go!

• Like 2

WELCOME TO MY GRAVE.  Well it's the Family Urn parking lot. Haven't decided if I want to spend eternity with some of my Family Members so I'll probably go with the spread ashes thing. The Really weird thing is it's located in point Roberts WA (AKA Point "Bob" and situated on top of "Lily Point" bluff. 🤔

Dscn0458.jpg.24f224e7136d918e63947d2a15198874.jpg

lpairial.jpg.5338a50055d9d526cffbf0a7d81212c1.jpg

Dscn7255.thumb.jpg.d4a6cf36e376de2bbc2d5a981e4d3fd1.jpg

CEM1845312_138188872449.jpg.1bbca7d08858754e046617375be992fb.jpg

• Like 1