• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU EMZ

The Mystery of Nicolas Sonderegger: Missing Since 2018

MISSING PERSON: Nicolas Sonderegger | September 2018

Nicolas Sonderegger was 28 years old when he vanished without a trace near the Salton Sea. His close friend Austin - who he was living with at the time - reported that they heard a scream as they were going to bed and were debating on whether or not to go investigate. Apparently, they decided against it. Austin said he fell asleep and when he awoke, Nic was gone.

Just a couple months before Nic disappeared, he was in a bunch of our livestreams along with Austin, showing us around the Salton Sea area. TONS of theories surround this case, with many drawing their attention to Austin. Not long after we made a second video covering Nic's case, I received some very hostile messages from him. He stated that he believed the video influenced the train of thought that he had a part in Nic's disappearance.

For details covering ALL OF THE DETAILS & CLUES that were found, watch:

OUR FIRST VIDEO SEARCHING FOR NIC: https://youtu.be/0PXQ2OOWk4c

OUR SECOND VIDEO COVERING NEW DETAILS REGARDING NIC'S DISAPPEARANCE: https://youtu.be/h46kmBLd5co

We get asked nearly every day if there are any updates on Nic's case, but sadly, there have been none. He remains a missing person to this day.

What do you guys think happened to Nic?

• Love 3
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

Nicolas Sonderegger was 28 years old when he vanished without a trace near the Salton Sea. His close friend Austin - who he was living with at the time - reported that they heard a scream as they were going to bed and were debating on whether or not to go investigate. Apparently, they decided against it. Austin said he fell asleep and when he awoke, Nic was gone.

Just a couple months before Nic disappeared, he was in a bunch of our livestreams along with Austin, showing us around the Salton Sea area. TONS of theories surround this case, with many drawing their attention to Austin. Not long after we made a second video covering Nic's case, I received some very hostile messages from him. He stated that he believed the video influenced the train of thought that he had a part in Nic's disappearance.

OUR SECOND VIDEO COVERING NEW DETAILS REGARDING NIC'S DISAPPEARANCE: https://youtu.be/h46kmBLd5co

We get asked nearly every day if there are any updates on Nic's case, but sadly, there have been none. He remains a missing person to this day.

I don't really think Austin had anything to do with his death, even though it is very shady that he didn't go investigate when he heard the scream. If you ask me I think he might have owed a drug dealer some money and wasn't able to pay. It's just too much to overlook, he starts doing drugs the week before, doesn't have a ton of money to spend on them, probably got in close with a dealer and told him he'd pay him back in a few days. Those few days pass, he doesn't have the money, and now he's gone.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

What if the dealer was someone they both knew, maybe even family? 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

If I am going to be honest about this case, something about his uncle just doesn't sit right. From what I remember, he was arrested and convicted of rape and spent years in prison. This is the same uncle he was working for. 

I know we were told that Nic started to abuse Meth, but what evidence do we have that it's true? Whenever we hung out with them, and we spent a lot of time with them, Nic always seemed like the leveled headed on who only smoked pot. He didn't even seem to like drinking! I just have a hard time buying that he was a meth addict, but I could be wrong, we were gone for many months before he went missing. It's possible he suddenly got hooked on meth. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4

I'm with EWU Bob on Uncle. He's shady which makes his word shady, and the reason people turned on Austin was he left so easy. Following the money rather than staying and the time frame of looks and finds sketched out crowd sourcers, so that's why people lumped him in as a suspected person not because of the "EWU view video" which is stupid to say lol. HE sketched people out with his own actions. People don't just disappear and most of these cases have ONE thing in common. People don't look if they KNOW where they are. Your #1 clue should always be WHO ISN'T looking (or cease & desist a YT vid) and are they TALKING ALOT for NOT looking? Says alot....

• Love 2
  • Like 3

The thing that stuck out to me the most is back when we were livestreaming with Austin and Nic, they would CONSTANTLY message us asking to hang out. Like, practically every single day.

Next thing you know, as soon as Nic disappeared, Austin was extremely difficult to get ahold of. He also didn't seem too keen on searching together. He agreed, of course, but it didn't feel like he really wanted to... and this was someone who was messaging us every day over the late summer wanting to hang out. I don't know, maybe he was scared to go back to the area where Nic vanished? 🤷‍♀️ Just seems off.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Ok,hear me out Nic is still missing and hasn't been found what if Austin has something to do with nic disappearing and he doesn't want y'all to know about and also I think y'all should go back and check around 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

On 12/23/2019 at 5:16 AM, EWU Emma said:

Is a mystery what could have happened to Nic. But Austin shouldn't blame your videos on him getting targeted as a suspect. If I had seen this video on another channel I would have straightaway thought he had something to do with it. It is like when someones partner is murdered and people straightaway think it is the partner who did it. Or when kids go missing and the parents are targeted as suspects. Your video has nothing to do with him being targeted as a suspect and he should know that.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Andrew Ward said:

Is a mystery what could have happened to Nic. But Austin shouldn't blame your videos on him getting targeted as a suspect. If I had seen this video on another channel I would have straightaway thought he had something to do with it. It is like when someones partner is murdered and people straightaway think it is the partner who did it. Or when kids go missing and the parents are targeted as suspects. Your video has nothing to do with him being targeted as a suspect and he should know that.

Honestly, I was very disappointed when Austin attempted to blame us for being targeted as a suspect. He also gave us a VERY hard time for needing a sponsor for that video so we could travel there and spend days searching for his best friend.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Austin was very strange after Nic went missing, he didn't seem to want to even meet us out there to search for him. He didn't seem to mind the sponsor money when we were giving them fuel, water, and food. Not to mention the two swagtron hover boards that we got from our sponsor ... 

Honestly, the only person saying that Nic was on Meth was Austin. 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Austin was very strange after Nic went missing, he didn't seem to want to even meet us out there to search for him. He didn't seem to mind the sponsor money when we were giving them fuel, water, and food. Not to mention the two swagtron hover boards that we got from our sponsor ... 

I searched for any updates and it appears a lot people think Austin was involved. I'm a little late coming to the game since I forgot to finish the video.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Drew B said:

I searched for any updates and it appears a lot people think Austin was involved. I'm a little late coming to the game since I forgot to finish the video.

He was the last one to admitted to being with him before he disappeared. Of course, it could be a case of Nic wanting to go missing, which would explain why the police don't seem to care, but I think that would be a stretch. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

He was the last one to admitted to being with him before he disappeared. Of course, it could be a case of Nic wanting to go missing, which would explain why the police don't seem to care, but I think that would be a stretch. 

Is it that the Police lacked the resources to put much time into missing person cases without any clear evidence or was Nic known to them for any priors? In Canada there is a Young Offenders Act which means, if you are under 17 & commit a crime, your name is kept private and the information isn't made available to the public. So if same in USA and Nic had priors as a youth you wouldn't know about it. From what I'm seeing a lot of people care about what happened to him except for Law Enforcement?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any of the videos over this case. But it looks like Austin may be in shock. He needed someone to blame for Nic's disappearance. But Austin claim seems to be very suspicious as he wasn't even phased by a scream in the middle of the night? I don't know though. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 6:14 AM, EWU Emma said:

Honestly, I was very disappointed when Austin attempted to blame us for being targeted as a suspect. He also gave us a VERY hard time for needing a sponsor for that video so we could travel there and spend days searching for his best friend.

Think Austin knows something about Nic's disappearance he isn't saying. Not saying he did it but think he knows more than he is letting on tbh!

• Love 2
  • Like 2

On 1/26/2020 at 6:19 PM, EWU Bob said:

Yeah I think Austin knows more than he is letting on. Not saying he did it but he knows something about it.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I believe Austin knows about it and his uncle is even on it. Maybe it was Austin who killed him, it's not confirmed so we cant jump on conclusions. But I think that's why when Nic went missing it was hard to get hold of Austin and he was acting very strange because his uncle must have told him to stay away for EWU. He didn't want EWU to start finding any more clues. Still that's pretty suspicious why Austin is acting strange after Nic went missing.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

It's such a strange story, and nothing seems to make sense. Definitely seems like foul play is afoot, but it would be nice if he just decided to disappear willingly, but I think that's nearly impossible. But you never know. 

• Love 4
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, EWU Bob said:

It's such a strange story, and nothing seems to make sense. Definitely seems like foul play is afoot, but it would be nice if he just decided to disappear willingly, but I think that's nearly impossible. But you never know. 

Are there any updates on it?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

No updates unfortunately, seems Nic will become another cold case missing person. I am not sure if law enforcement cares enough to try to solve the case. I know they already have a lot of crime to solve out there, so they are stretched pretty thin, so I can't blame them. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

When I saw this video when you and Emma talking about it ,  very odd for a nice guy  to disappeared and part of me think something not right .... But I think Nic might be deceased ( Don't hate me for this , just my point of view ) .

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NiallNWD said:

When I saw this video when you and Emma talking about it ,  very odd for a nice guy  to disappeared and part of me think something not right .... But I think Nic might be deceased ( Don't hate me for this , just my point of view ) .

His uncle and Austin is hiding whatever it is. I believe Austin is also on it because after Nic disappeared Austin began getting a truck and all that stuff. His uncle might be giving it to Austin to keep his mouth shut.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

His uncle and Austin is hiding whatever it is. I believe Austin is also on it because after Nic disappeared Austin began getting a truck and all that stuff. His uncle might be giving it to Austin to keep his mouth shut.

Agreed   Bob and Emma mentioned the Uncle has bad business ( criminal business) and Nic was going to rattled out but then we know what people of dark secret do to whistle blower or rats to protect their anonymous activity . 

• Like 4

I had the wierdest thing happen to me today: 

I ran into a buddy that I havent seen for almost a year today. He told me he has been living out by the Salton Sea and his age, personality, living arrangements, and everything pretty much match Nic and Austin's. I told him I had been watching videos about people living off the grid at the Salton Sea and I told him I saw a story about a guy named Nicolas Sonderegger who disappeared out there and he said "ya he is out in the Chocolate Mountain bombing range". I dont know if it's true or not but the way he said it, his tone sounded like it was a known fact. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

On 12/23/2019 at 12:16 AM, EWU Emma said:

I am not sure if you saw this;

Another theory on https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ca-nicolas-daniel-sonderegger-28-salton-city-area-12-sept-2018.404574/page-2

Not everyone is in agreement with this comment

BeetectiveNew Member

Has anyone heard anything? I have a theory, I have been digging and found an article that lists Nic as being involved in a meth bust on September 7th, I've attached a screen shot because you have to pay for the full article. Being that Nic's uncle has a criminal record is it possible that he killed Nic after the bust? I'm pretty sure he was listed as a passenger, if they let him go someone would have wanted to keep him quiet. From what I've read his uncle hasn't even helped look for him. Christina is his cousin, her dad is Nic's uncle. If he was somehow involved it would be way too easy to influence her into doing or saying whatever. Also EWU hasn't actually talked to Austin on a phone call in a long time, further making me wonder if Austin is missing too and someone is posing as him. There's no way he would have not known that was Emma. So many questions.

nic_missing.jpg

• Like 2