• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Vinny

If you could choose anywhere in the world, where would you like to explore

Western Canada, Alaska. Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy exploring Nevada and Idaho.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

There is so much of the US I have not yet explored, I would love to see every state! 

• Love 8
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

There is so much of the US I have not yet explored, I would love to see every state! 

Would you ever consider going outside the states?

• Love 2
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Would you ever consider going outside the states?

Definitely, I would love to explore the rest of the world. 

• Love 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Maybe in the future👍🏻👍🏻

• Love 4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

I've always wanted to do try the "blind dart throw" at a world map. With my luck I'd probably hit North Korea 😫

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, DAW89446 said:

Western Canada, Alaska. Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy exploring Nevada and Idaho.

Highly Recommend the Vancouver or Seattle return Cruises to Alaska. Great deals and the most amazing scenery I've ever visited. Cruise ships are a hoot as well. Been 4 times and plan on going again soon. Of course it helps that I live near Vancouver 🙂

• Like 4

I want to go back to Greece there is a lot of cool ruins there , I have been three times and loved it every time 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

i would love to go to Nevada. Poland. Ireland 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Drew B said:

Highly Recommend the Vancouver or Seattle return Cruises to Alaska. Great deals and the most amazing scenery I've ever visited. Cruise ships are a hoot as well. Been 4 times and plan on going again soon. Of course it helps that I live near Vancouver 🙂

Spent two weeks on Vancouver Island in 1998. Based out of Malahat. Back then, every American dollar brought two dollars Canadian. It was wonderful. Paid $30 per night for the cabin. An inn across the road had a great view of the Sound and the Washington coast and mountains (on the rare clear day). Steak and lobster for $7. Newspaper was complaining about American auto dealerships clearing out Canadian dealers of late model used cars, as they were paying nearly half priced.

Years ago my parents sailed the small ships up the coast to Alaska. They loved it. Up close and personal with the glaciers. I’d love to take the railroad that runs across.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Highlander said:

I want to go back to Greece there is a lot of cool ruins there , I have been three times and loved it every time 

I visited Zante, Corfu and Skiathos....way too hot

• Like 4

Alaska or any other polar areas where I can see the northern lights

• Like 4

I’d have to say the Dyatlov Pass. The whole incident that happened there is very mysterious and fascinating. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jekyll said:

I’d have to say the Dyatlov Pass. The whole incident that happened there is very mysterious and fascinating. 

That would be pretty awesome, to spend a week or two there! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Vinny said:

I visited Zante, Corfu and Skiathos....way too hot

I was in dassia one corfu, loved it 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 7:09 PM, DAW89446 said:

Spent two weeks on Vancouver Island in 1998. Based out of Malahat. Back then, every American dollar brought two dollars Canadian. It was wonderful. Paid $30 per night for the cabin. An inn across the road had a great view of the Sound and the Washington coast and mountains (on the rare clear day). Steak and lobster for $7. Newspaper was complaining about American auto dealerships clearing out Canadian dealers of late model used cars, as they were paying nearly half priced.

Years ago my parents sailed the small ships up the coast to Alaska. They loved it. Up close and personal with the glaciers. I’d love to take the railroad that runs across.

Love Vancouver Island. We go as often as we can.  Smaller cruise ships the best for Alaska if you want to get right up into some of the Fjords. We were lucky enough to get right up to Hubbard Glacier a few years back. Also took the White Pass Skagway/Yukon train which follows the gold rush trail. Breathtaking plus you cross into Canada and customs walks through the train then it turns around and goes back to Skagway.  The Alaska Railway train you refer to is definitely on our bucket list! 1338277778_hubbardprint.thumb.jpg.bd5426f9d11cf7e285b8308b20fb789d.jpghubbard68.jpg.826d3654ba6380144e230166a9411037.jpgtrain2.jpg.df6eac6d82e562ae85b784aecc9ea1d5.jpg 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2020 at 10:56 PM, EWU Bob said:

Yes sometimes the most amazing places are right in our own backyards! We plan on renting an RV after we retire and doing a cross Canada to the east coast and then loop down to the Northern States return. I've driven from Washington to Wisconsin but that's as far as I got. Just stop when you're tired or see something interesting. No agenda makes for a relaxing and fun vacation. Love some of the small motels run by Mom & Pop owners.  Also highly recommend Pacific coast drive from Washington to California (or reverse). Amazing scenery all the way. Probably lots of cool places for you to explore as well 🙂  OK.. back to work 😁

• Like 3

So many great answers here. The Dyatlov Pass would be really interesting. Any of northern Europe, or Canada and Alaska. I've always wanted to see the Mayan ruins, and go farther south try to get lost in the Amazon. The Southmost coast of South America. Egypt. Australia. There is too much!! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Drew B said:

Yes sometimes the most amazing places are right in our own backyards! We plan on renting an RV after we retire and doing a cross Canada to the east coast and then loop down to the Northern States return. I've driven from Washington to Wisconsin but that's as far as I got. Just stop when you're tired or see something interesting. No agenda makes for a relaxing and fun vacation. Love some of the small motels run by Mom & Pop owners.  Also highly recommend Pacific coast drive from Washington to California (or reverse). Amazing scenery all the way. Probably lots of cool places for you to explore as well 🙂  OK.. back to work 😁

The best vacations I've taken were like that.  Just off in one general direction. No agenda or itinerary. No destination. Stop when you see something cool or interesting. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2020 at 6:49 AM, That other Dave said:

The best vacations I've taken were like that.  Just off in one general direction. No agenda or itinerary. No destination. Stop when you see something cool or interesting. 

AND NO FRICKEN PLANES TO CATCH!  I'm already rethinking our next vacation 😉

• Like 3

On 1/15/2020 at 5:40 AM, Drew B said:

Love Vancouver Island. We go as often as we can.  Smaller cruise ships the best for Alaska if you want to get right up into some of the Fjords. We were lucky enough to get right up to Hubbard Glacier a few years back. Also took the White Pass Skagway/Yukon train which follows the gold rush trail. Breathtaking plus you cross into Canada and customs walks through the train then it turns around and goes back to Skagway.  The Alaska Railway train you refer to is definitely on our bucket list!  

Everyone needs to try and visit a Forward moving  glacier to hear and see  it calve before they all disappear. It's really an amazing experience.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, EWU Bob said:

That would be pretty awesome, to spend a week or two there! 

Not sure how well I'd sleep in a tent there though! IMHO it's one of the creepiest mysteries out there. 

On 1/14/2020 at 9:08 AM, Jekyll said:

Agree! Some very interesting theories out there.