• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

OutOfManaStudio

Baker Hotel, Mineral Wells, TX

I was both sad and excited to find out that this old, local hotel we've all loved for decades is being remodeled and reopened to the public. It's known for its hauntings and I have experienced some crazy stuff there when I explored it before they gated off everything (mind you, I was trespassing and don't condone that >>;...). This hotel used to house some of the most notorious celebrities and even old west outlaws like Bonnie and Clyde. There have been a lot of rumors and sightings over the years so if you ever get a chance, google the Baker Hotel and read about its awesome history. You won't be disappointed. If you're local or close by, you can still drive and walk up to the hotel, you just can't get as close as you used to be able to. The pictures I'm gonna post are from several years ago. Sorry for the quality, they were shot on my iPhone.

No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.No photo description available.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Just now, That other Dave said:

Wow that's a cool place!!! 

It is! And it's so massive. The entire town around it is just little buildings and restaurants....then you have that imposing THING. Hahaha.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Just now, OutOfManaStudio said:

It is! And it's so massive. The entire town around it is just little buildings and restaurants....then you have that imposing THING. Hahaha.

Now I want to go.  

Just now, That other Dave said:

Now I want to go.  

Right now they have these fences up everywhere so you can even get close to it. That's the part that makes me sad. I loved the mystery of walking up to it and being able to look inside the busted windows or the creepy main hall. I'm hoping it still has a bit of a creepy vibe when they open it back up again. I definitely experienced some spoopy stuff when I went under that bridge where the shopping cart was and I've heard stories about things in the upper floors.Image may contain: sky, tree and outdoorImage may contain: sky and outdoorImage may contain: outdoorImage may contain: sky, cloud, tree and outdoor

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Just now, DavidFromTexas said:

It’s far better than alternative of being demolished.  

Oh for sure. I don't think they ever had plans for demolishing it, but just making it so you couldn't get close at all. It's too much of a landmark for Mineral Wells.

• Like 1

Awesome looking place, would be a lot of fun to explore. No worries about the quality, the quality looks good to me! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Awesome looking place, would be a lot of fun to explore. No worries about the quality, the quality looks good to me! 

They claim the hotel will be completely remodeled bu 2022. It would be an awesome video to see if there's still paranormal activity there when they reopen. Not sure why there wouldn't be, but an overnight video would be so cool.

• Love 1
  • Like 1