• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

White_Wolf

Strange light!

One of my biggest passions is our Universe. I spend a lot of time outside at night watching the nightsky. Most of the time I would have my telescope with me. But I also love to ly on the back of my truck and stare into the depth of that wonder. I would visit all those places if I could. I have seen a many cool things while looking up. But 3 weeks ago I experienced something I can not explain. And I would like to hear your thoughts about that. I try to describe what happened as good as I can in english and I hope you guys have an idea of what happened.

I was sitting in my truck overlooking the beach, it was a perfect clear night. It was one of those nights were you feel like you can reach for the stars. It was a spontaneous decision to visit that spot so I didn’t have my telescope with me. I was facing NW when I noticed one of the stars getting brighter and brighter. It got that bright that it took my breath away. I was paralyzed and all I could do is stare at it with my mouth open. I have not seen a star or planet that bright before. And I have observed Jupiter for a long time! After 1 or 2 minutes it started to shrink and the brightness slowly got less until it had its original size and brightness again. I sat in my truck for a while keep looking in the same direction, trying to find a logical explonation. The thing that came to my mind after 45 minutes of still looking at the star was that I might have experienced a Nova with my naked eye. But... then it happened again! The same star 1 hour later started to become brighter and bigger. But this time I was ready. I took my phone out ( Iphone8 ) because maybe it is even visible to my phone camera. Because if it is then this should be enough to explain how freaking bright that was. To take a picture or a video of the stars with an Iphone 8 camera is impossible! As good as the phone cameras are this days... they duck as soon as it gets dark. The whole spectacle lasted for 5 minutes before it started going back to its original size. I took 2 videos before my battery died and before it started to shrink again. The image I attached is a screenshot of the 2nd video. I barly zoomed in while recording. Have you ever experienced or seen something like that before? 

F82BAAA3-FEBD-47D2-8E90-CA1509DAA03B.jpeg

• Like 3

Interesting, it's hard to get any perspective from the photos. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 11:23 AM, White_Wolf said:

One of my biggest passions is our Universe. I spend a lot of time outside at night watching the nightsky. Most of the time I would have my telescope with me. But I also love to ly on the back of my truck and stare into the depth of that wonder. I would visit all those places if I could. I have seen a many cool things while looking up. But 3 weeks ago I experienced something I can not explain. And I would like to hear your thoughts about that. I try to describe what happened as good as I can in english and I hope you guys have an idea of what happened.

I was sitting in my truck overlooking the beach, it was a perfect clear night. It was one of those nights were you feel like you can reach for the stars. It was a spontaneous decision to visit that spot so I didn’t have my telescope with me. I was facing NW when I noticed one of the stars getting brighter and brighter. It got that bright that it took my breath away. I was paralyzed and all I could do is stare at it with my mouth open. I have not seen a star or planet that bright before. And I have observed Jupiter for a long time! After 1 or 2 minutes it started to shrink and the brightness slowly got less until it had its original size and brightness again. I sat in my truck for a while keep looking in the same direction, trying to find a logical explonation. The thing that came to my mind after 45 minutes of still looking at the star was that I might have experienced a Nova with my naked eye. But... then it happened again! The same star 1 hour later started to become brighter and bigger. But this time I was ready. I took my phone out ( Iphone8 ) because maybe it is even visible to my phone camera. Because if it is then this should be enough to explain how freaking bright that was. To take a picture or a video of the stars with an Iphone 8 camera is impossible! As good as the phone cameras are this days... they duck as soon as it gets dark. The whole spectacle lasted for 5 minutes before it started going back to its original size. I took 2 videos before my battery died and before it started to shrink again. The image I attached is a screenshot of the 2nd video. I barly zoomed in while recording. Have you ever experienced or seen something like that before? 

F82BAAA3-FEBD-47D2-8E90-CA1509DAA03B.jpeg

I love astronomy but I'm no longer in the right area to go stargazing. I enjoy researching 'civilization class types and I have come to the belief that authentic alien ships who have travelled billion and trillion of miles would not give themselves away by lighting up their ships. Their quest to satisfy their energy needs would not be found on a planet catorgorize as a zero type civilization. Some say about 0.8.

They would be better off going to the giant planets or the sun. Better still star clusters. More energy to extrapolate. Their superior technology for snooping Earth would negate the need to visit us.

I know you did not say it was alien in nature, I was just adding this peice. Our Scientists are pushing out some super flying machines and it looks like you may have capture one on tape.

What do you think?

• Love 1