No registered users viewing this page.

Ghost Towns: Yea or Meh?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Ghost Towns: Yea or Nay?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Other (Comment Below)

On 12/22/2019 at 6:03 PM, EWU Bob said:

Just trying to figure out if people like ghost towns or not. I have always been a big fan of real ghost towns (zero residents), but they are getting very hard to find these days. I have a bunch mapped out we haven't yet explored, but should we even bother making video out of them? 

Yes. I'd love to see more. Most videos I see from other people who says Ghost town I see people still in the town, but being a small population. I'd like to actually see one with literally no people, that would be eerie and fun to see. But like you said pretty hard to find. 

• Love 4

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Yes. I'd love to see more. Most videos I see from other people who says Ghost town I see people still in the town, but being a small population. I'd like to actually see one with literally no people, that would be eerie and fun to see. But like you said pretty hard to find. 

Those are so awesome to find, I have found only two or so that I would actually call a real ghost town. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Just now, EWU Bob said:

Those are so awesome to find, I have found only two or so that I would actually call a real ghost town. 

Have you found anything interesting in them? Like anything from the 1800s or random doors opening etc. (even though I don't believe in ghost). 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2019 at 3:03 PM, EWU Bob said:

Just trying to figure out if people like ghost towns or not. I have always been a big fan of real ghost towns (zero residents), but they are getting very hard to find these days. I have a bunch mapped out we haven't yet explored, but should we even bother making video out of them? 

Yup one of my favorites. Even if you don't find anything a lot of us just like watching you guys interact during the road trip. Cows & Desert Billies are quite entertaining  😁

• Love 5

On 12/22/2019 at 3:25 PM, EWU Bob said:

What's interesting, it's a case we actually covered, April Pitzer, that they think is buried there! 

Really? That place is quite far from the Newbury Springs area... at least in travel time. This is in the Mojave NP if it is the place I'm thinking of. Didn't go by that spot this year sucks if it did get leveled. 

Speaking of untouched places the only places I've found like that have been very difficult hikes into mountain cabins or camps. I've mapped out some I suspect are untouched but they are so so difficult to get to. Backpack in and no real trail anymore from the looks of it, crossing rivers that who knows how safe or viable that is until you get there. 

This one was sort of untouched but since it was an open camp I think most of the supplies/materials, etc were probably locked in the stone shed. I do know it appeared we were only a handful of visitors over the last decade. I didn't really film enough on the lead up. There were points my daughter was crying because she was certain her crazy dad was lost and there wasn't going to be anything out there. I did have to backtrack numerous times though. This place was an hour on paved away from the nearest small town, another hour + taking a true 4x road 12 miles, and then 8 or more miles hiking on foot, half of that was basically just trekking over open forest and every once in a while you'd find evidence of the old pack trail. Absolutely insane that somebody may of had a stroke up there by themselves. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cbWNkEUCc&t=123s

How do I get the actual video to show and not just the link? Used to be able to do it before 😠

• Love 3

Ghost towns can be very interesting place because we can learn what it use to be and why did it became abandoned , but it a shame that it gets rotted away years and years and years , some get destroyed by kids whose can vandalised  or usually some squatters or wanted criminals hang out there to spend the nights there. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, NiallNWD said:

Ghost towns can be very interesting place because we can learn what it use to be and why did it became abandoned , but it a shame that it gets rotted away years and years and years , some get destroyed by kids whose can vandalised  or usually some squatters or wanted criminals hang out there to spend the nights there. 

Very well said, and I do agree with you and can find some very strange things or old things.

• Love 2

I was just checking Google earth and I think I located the perfect ghost town. Casper, Wyoming sounds very promising. I hear it’s haunted by a very friendly ghost.

6FFF33DF-32FE-4AFA-8E59-0A4E9741B3BF.jpeg

• Haha 2