• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ghost Towns: Yea or Meh?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Ghost Towns: Yea or Nay?

• Yea
    • Nay
    • Other (Comment Below)

Just trying to figure out if people like ghost towns or not. I have always been a big fan of real ghost towns (zero residents), but they are getting very hard to find these days. I have a bunch mapped out we haven't yet explored, but should we even bother making video out of them? 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Just trying to figure out if people like ghost towns or not. I have always been a big fan of real ghost towns (zero residents), but they are getting very hard to find these days. I have a bunch mapped out we haven't yet explored, but should we even bother making video out of them? 

Ghost towns are my favorite

• Love 3
  • Like 1

These were the sort of things that I found your channel from in the first place, there's something quite incredible when you come across a real untouched place.  I love to see the ones where it's almost as if you've stepped out of a time machine.....or onto the set of wrong turn 😂

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Yes! The history of them are awesome! Just to see how people used to live! Definitely! No one can throw you out for a spirit board either! Lol! Can do a triple trifecta! Abandoned location, sure  in a boom town some came up missing! Paranormal investigation! Boom 💥 you please almost everyone! 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

These were the sort of things that I found your channel from in the first place, there's something quite incredible when you come across a real untouched place.  I love to see the ones where it's almost as if you've stepped out of a time machine.....or onto the set of wrong turn 😂

I would have to say that's the holy grail of ghost towns and I think that's what keeps me searching. I have only found one place so far that seemed like the people just left and walked away. With all the snow on the ground right now, it's hard, plus @EWU Emma needs to hurry up and get this video edited so we can get out and explore! 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lilith Q said:

Yes! The history of them are awesome! Just to see how people used to live! Definitely! No one can throw you out for a spirit board either! Lol! Can do a triple trifecta! Abandoned location, sure  in a boom town some came up missing! Paranormal investigation! Boom 💥 you please almost everyone! 🤣

There was this one ghost town called Aurora Nevada that was in pristine condition in the 1950's or 1960's that I wished I had the opportunity to visit. Today it's like nothing was ever there. It's such a shame to lose an entire town like that. I do like the mysterious ones too, which don't seem to have any known history. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EWU Bob said:

There was this one ghost town called Aurora Nevada that was in pristine condition in the 1950's or 1960's that I wished I had the opportunity to visit. Today it's like nothing was ever there. It's such a shame to lose an entire town like that. I do like the mysterious ones too, which don't seem to have any known history. 

Those are cool too! Mysterious! Gets the brain working! 

• Like 1

Speaking of ghost towns and the hills have eyes, did you ever find out what was hiding  under the trailer at the 11.50 Mark of this video?  It reminded of the inbred family that kept the mum tied up under the bed on an episode of X-Files 😱

• Love 1
  • Like 3

No, but according to a local, they have leveled the entire property and put up a fence around it. I have been informed by a few different people that a missing person may actually be buried on the property! 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Just now, EWU Bob said:

No, but according to a local, they have leveled the entire property and put up a fence around it. I have been informed by a few different people that a missing person may actually be buried on the property! 

Oh my! Reminds me of my dads friend when I was little. He went missing and they found him buried underneath his trailer! Spooky! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, godfella69 said:

As long as you do not use certain words in the title YouTube algorithm will suppress the videos. 

They actually scan each video for what people are saying in the video. Suppression and demonetization are always something we have to worry about as it could literally destroy a channel like ours that requires so much travel expenses. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lilith Q said:

Oh my! Reminds me of my dads friend when I was little. He went missing and they found him buried underneath his trailer! Spooky! 

What's interesting, it's a case we actually covered, April Pitzer, that they think is buried there! 

• Like 2

Here was what Aurora looked like after hit was abandoned, if only it wasn't completely destroyed I would love to visit a ghost town like this today, but I am afraid they no longer exist:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I enjoy them.  Really cool part of history that for the most part is forgotten about.  Always fascinating for me to see and learn.  

One thing I LOVE about visiting Nevada is the amount of public BLM land to explore. I am not a fan of the BLM Bureaucracy, but I do love the land to explore. I guess it's a love / hate relationship with BLM, but there is a lot of land to explore in Nevada. 

• Like 2

yes big time love them it's amazing what you can find and see it can be creepy how fast it can turn in to one 

• Like 3

Unfortunately we don’t have any “public” land like that in Texas.  Land here is almost all privately owned.  Largest landowner in my county is the USFW, and the bulk of their property isn’t open to the public 😐

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

Unfortunately we don’t have any “public” land like that in Texas.  Land here is almost all privately owned.  Largest landowner in my county is the USFW, and the bulk of their property isn’t open to the public 😐

Yeah, I think that's one thing that keeps us from visiting Texas as we try to always respect private property that is properly fenced or posted. I do have a lot of cases I want to cover down there, but I often wonder if I will be able to even gain access to the locations where people are said to have gone missing. 

• Like 2

Just now, EWU Bob said:

Yeah, I think that's one thing that keeps us from visiting Texas as we try to always respect private property that is properly fenced or posted. I do have a lot of cases I want to cover down there, but I often wonder if I will be able to even gain access to the locations where people are said to have gone missing. 

It may be unique to Texas, but purple paint serves as a “No-Trespassing” sign.  So if y’all ever do come out this way keep that in mind.  The paint provision is part of Texas Penal Code §30.05.  

DE5131B9-1819-455A-95EC-9B590E33CCDE.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Ghost towns and abandoned places are always fascinating. If you need some coordinates I got you a few that might interesting.... if you didn’t find them yourself all ready. 🙂 I like how respectful you guys are with the environment and the places you find.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, White_Wolf said:

Ghost towns and abandoned places are always fascinating. If you need some coordinates I got you a few that might interesting.... if you didn’t find them yourself all ready. 🙂 I like how respectful you guys are with the environment and the places you find.

Ghost towns are hard to come by these days, seems they are disappearing fast. 

• Like 1