• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Emma

Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?

Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes!
    • No.

Funny that many of the Worlds' Religions are based on belief in Paranormal events. I don't want to start a discussion on religion. That was just my observation re what I was taught growing up ( I'm currently an Agnostic).

• Love 2
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

You're not the only on Vinny, every time I come back to read one of my posts I realize I need to slow down and proofread before hitting the submit button! 

It's okay Bob. we know what you mean even with spelling mistakes. :classic_rolleyes:

• Love 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

You're not the only on Vinny, every time I come back to read one of my posts I realize I need to slow down and proofread before hitting the submit button! 

If I had wrote that statement Bob I would have done it again as we spell it realiSe.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Highlander said:

Yeah I know I sound weird now lol

You don’t sound weird 🙂

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vinny said:

If I had wrote that statement Bob I would have done it again as we spell it realiSe.

@EWU Bob oh, I see my errors or my phone autocorrects all the time. My fingers go faster than my eyes! I figure oh well they know what I mean! 🤣🤣 were human!! 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Drew B said:

Funny that many of the Worlds' Religions are based on belief in Paranormal events. I don't want to start a discussion on religion. That was just my observation re what I was taught growing up ( I'm currently an Agnostic).

I’m Roman Catholic so I know what you mean! It’s true though. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I suppose it could be possible, and it's something I've always wanted to believe in, but outside of having an experience of my own that I can't pass off as anything other than legitimate, I can't say I believe in it.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, EWU Emma said:

You guys probably already know I don't believe in ghosts... BUT I can still have an AMAZING paranormal investigation with an ovilus. 😜🤪

Any ghost hunting tools you think ACTUALLY WORK or are just plain DUMB? I've always thought a spirit box would be a very far-fetched way to get in contact with spirits and ghosts... The ovilus as well, which is essentially a random word generator. 😐

What do you guys think!? Got any videos of "real" paranormal activity? 🤔

Spirit Boxes are good and do work Listen to the response @ 2.55 to how many spirits are here ? (better with head phones ) here  but I generally dont use anything but a digital recorder and camera to get captures  bit like anything Paranormal its up to interpretation to what is actually captured 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, EWU Emma said:

You guys probably already know I don't believe in ghosts... BUT I can still have an AMAZING paranormal investigation with an ovilus. 😜🤪

Any ghost hunting tools you think ACTUALLY WORK or are just plain DUMB? I've always thought a spirit box would be a very far-fetched way to get in contact with spirits and ghosts... The ovilus as well, which is essentially a random word generator. 😐

What do you guys think!? Got any videos of "real" paranormal activity? 🤔

Emf Meters can be useful as an indicator of activity but only if outside EMF waves are ruled out like here all power was shut to the house and outside sources ruled out 

• Like 1

I often think how much it would suck to be a ghost stuck at some abandoned place with nothing to do. On one hand I would love to believe in ghosts, but on the other hand I would hate to think there are spirits stuck at all these places. How freakiing boring would it be as a spirit? 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, EWU Bob said:

I often think how much it would suck to be a ghost stuck at some abandoned place with nothing to do. On one hand I would love to believe in ghosts, but on the other hand I would hate to think there are spirits stuck at all these places. How freakiing boring would it be as a spirit? 

Not if your Jack Daniels..

• Love 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Not if your Jack Daniels..

Could have also used Jim Beam or Glen Morangie or Glen Fiddich this list goes on....🥃😋.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

The theory is time is different for them a 100 years for us might only be a few seconds for them I dont think they are stuck so much but choose to be there for what ever reason or cant let go of their past lives some dont even realise they have died  

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 1/5/2020 at 2:22 AM, Coyote said:

No, there are no ghosts. But it is fun to imagine ghosts and tell ghost stories and see scary movies, though. 

But the whole notion of ghosts is rooted firmly in the imagination. 

Thats All good until one day you can record the voices 

I had a friends employee Say to me once "So your the one with Schizophrenia ?"  So I showed her a video of my voice capture from a grave yard  and said Difference with my  Schizophrenia and yours is I can record my voices can you ? and she went bright red and then hid from me for rest of the time was there I made a fool of her in front everyone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would like to believe and I have had some strange things happen in my parents old house that I have never really been able to explain, but in all honesty I'm still undecided. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

I've yet to decide if I believe in ghosts. Ghosts being human souls still here in earth. I want to say I believe in spirits maybe, having experienced some things I would consider paranormal. At least unexplainable. There is so much happening that we are unable to see, intangible as humans. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, LadybytheLake said:

I've yet to decide if I believe in ghosts. Ghosts being human souls still here in earth. I want to say I believe in spirits maybe, having experienced some things I would consider paranormal. At least unexplainable. There is so much happening that we are unable to see, intangible as humans. 

I personally believe in spirits, but I'm not sure I believe they roam the earth or have unfinished business. I just don't know what to believe when it comes to that. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

No.

They are rationalizations by people to explain something they don't have an answer for, provide comfort that their loved ones are still with them in some form, hope that there is time beyond your own existence, a form of denial that they hallucinated and didn't just see or hear something in their head.  

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I believe in both ghosts, spirits, demons, and the such. I have experienced enough paranormal as a child and as an adult to be thoroughly convinced of the sort. I wouldn't say that what we see on TV is true so to speak because that is just theatrics. Whether or not you believe in God, or in Buddha or Krishna or whatever other religion or belief, it is safe to assume that the teachings each has contains some truths no matter what you believe.

We all believe we have a spirit of some sort. Where its as described in religions or astrology or whatever. No matter how crazy something appears to us now, there is always some truth behind it. How much truth there is will always be debatable, but nevertheless there is truth. We as a species can't ignore those before us when they talk about the paranormal or the strange. I base this on the fact with all our "intelligence" and "wokeness" we can barely figure out current day phenomenon much less past issues. 

It is safe to assume that as we have progressed from spiritual forms of belief and teachings, into the more modern ideologies, we will have a harder time in believing that anything outside of us exists. We are very much in a humanist centered time now. We are the gods in most peoples perspectives, and because of that we will automatically reject the past teachings of our ancestors. 

While we can't prove anything now, we also can't disprove anything from the past. We are not any smarter than they were, and to assume so would be both ridiculous and self centered. Ancient man survived without modern technology and medicine, while most of humanity now couldn't survive without a damn phone. My simple thoughts on this topic lol.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I do believe that there are spirits but ghost hunting shows like Most Haunted (Derek Acorah was supposedly picking up a spirit called Kreed Kafer which is an anagram of 'Derek Faker', but it was a name brought up to him in advance before filming) are all pretty much fake.
I have had a couple of personal experiences myself, but I do not have the evidence that it was real and something else that I misinterpreted as paranormal activity. My belief is that the spirit of a person who has died can remain with us until they are sure they can move onto what ever comes next after we die, and it can take any length of time do be able to do so, but I also believe that a lot of the occurrences people put down to as paranormal activity can be explained down to reasons that are perfectly reasonable situations that can occur.

But to believe 100% myself, I would like some scientific evidence please 🙂

• Like 2

If ghosts exist and do nothing but hang around rotting buildings or, quite unsurprisingly show up anywhere then they are stupid idiots. If one has a choice to go to a beautiful place as opposed to a rotten root cellar,  AH DUH !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, I do believe in ghost and that ghosts exists. I have experienced some of them when I went to haunted houses. Some which were haunted were not even haunted. I usually go with my friends at 3AM. That's the devil's hour, once I remember I saw a little girl standing at the end of the corridor I believe it was 2 years back, I am not sure but we could hear the little girl's voice laughing, crying and running. My friend pointed it out saying there was a girl standing there at the end of the corridor but vanished into thin air when my other friend had taken a glance and thought we were pranking but no it was real. I and my friend saw it with our own eyes and believed because we did go to check the end of the corridor and there was nothing there or no clues or anything there. After that we heard a girl scream below us, the scream was horrific that scared the living shit out of us. We had to get out of there, it was getting dangerous. When we reached near main door that was the entrance and exit of the house. The door wouldn't open, it was not locked but some unseen force was holding it that three of us couldn't open it. We got so scared that we thought we were stuck at this place, that when we heard footsteps of the little girl running in that same corridor but door opened finally and we ran out but by the time we were running out. My friend first ran out, then me and then my other friend who was running out just fell down at the door and it looked like something supernatural was pulling him we had to pull him then finally he was free and we ran toward our truck. My friend was saying the something or someone grabbed him by his leg which made him to fall and he had a mark of a hand on his leg which had grabbed him. That was some scary shit, and never going back there. Fuck that place. Never going back there again, the next day my phone started acting strange it would call anyone without me pressing it and one time it called my mom. My mom said he heard a faint voice of a little girl. So I had to break that phone and had to get a new one. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1