• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

One of my local favorites. Pretty much untouched.  Not a lot of the usual graffiti and random vandalism.  Been abandoned for the last 30 years or so. Pretty much wide open easy access.  Just one of the unknown locations locally that nobody knows.

IMG_20160810_165320578.jpg

IMG_20160730_204248619.jpg

IMG_20160810_165416518_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160810_164642130.jpg

IMG_20160810_175719517.jpg

IMG_20160810_165312625.jpg

IMG_20160810_165427239.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Wow, that's awesome and such a rare find! Usually places like this are completely destroyed just like the old mine near Rachel Nevada. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Wow, that's awesome and such a rare find! Usually places like this are completely destroyed just like the old mine near Rachel Nevada. 

I agree it's a sad sad thing to go to a place and see it in decent shape only to watch it slowly get destroyed by scrappers and vandals. First time I went to that mine by Rachel was way way back in 1998.  Although far from untouched then Its depressing remembering how it used to look way back then compared to now.  

• Like 1

Do you have any photos of when you visited back in 1998, I can't imagine how much it has probably changed. Have you explore those mines out there? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EWU Bob said:

Do you have any photos of when you visited back in 1998, I can't imagine how much it has probably changed. Have you explore those mines out there? 

I do. Just not on an SD card.  I'll try to take pictures of those pictures.  See how grainy and blurry I can get them lol.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Thanks Dave, I would love to see them if you can find them, but no worries if you can't find them. 

• Like 1

20200116_104045.thumb.jpg.1ead008d77a943d984ed9725461a4b53.jpgThat place should be locked up. At least fenced off.  I can't believe it hasn't been scrapped and looted.  From what I can see there is brass padlocks and valves. copper wire and electrical equipment all over the place.  And crazy Nazi marked valves. I'm pretty sure we stopped buying stuff from those guys back in the early 1930s

20200116_104159.jpg

20200116_104219.jpg

IMG_20200101_122335127.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 2

Hard to find a place unmolested.  Destroyed, Hopefully this one stays under the radar.  I'll be going back there on Saturday before my night shift at work.  Theres a whole couple block long section I've never checked out.  Tunnels,Buildings,docks, Rusty stuff everywhere. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, That other Dave said:

Hard to find a place unmolested.  Destroyed, Hopefully this one stays under the radar.  I'll be going back there on Saturday before my night shift at work.  Theres a whole couple block long section I've never checked out.  Tunnels,Buildings,docks, Rusty stuff everywhere. 

Be sure to get some pictures or video to share with us please. Oh,  don't include any shots or video that shows the surrounding terrain. Sometimes people can find places because they know the terrain and can look on google earth.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, That other Dave said:

I hope you will get some photos on your trip back. Or how about a little video?? 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I hope you will get some photos on your trip back. Or how about a little video?? 

I'll take some videos.  Just probably not as high quality as EWU crews productions are. But definitely pics and videos

• Love 3

Back in the early 2000s, I visited a mine camp near Silver Peak, where the miner’s tags were still hanging on the board. I have photos of that, which I’ll eventually put up on my gallery when I get to them. I’ve been methodically going through my 1TB hard drive with decades of my photos, picking and choosing for the galleries.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I love finding those untouched locations, they are what keep me going in search of new locations! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the place! Thank you for taking us along! 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Sorry it's taking so long I've been hosed with extra shifts. One more night shift tonight and I'm off thank God. I'll post vids soon I promise 

20200120_002847.jpg

20200117_095444.jpg

IMG_20160810_081243601.jpg

IMG_20160810_165600936.jpg

• Love 2

11 hours ago, That other Dave said:

Sorry it's taking so long I've been hosed with extra shifts. One more night shift tonight and I'm off thank God. I'll post vids soon I promise 

20200120_002847.jpg

20200117_095444.jpg

IMG_20160810_081243601.jpg

IMG_20160810_165600936.jpg

Looks amazing, can't wait to see the video! 🥳

• Love 1