• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU EMZ

(OUR BIZARRE PARK RANGER ENCOUNTER) MISSING SCOTT MADDEN: Vanished from Reno in 2019

REPOSTED

scott_madden.png.686ee6546927bf7d533dcc508efb43bd.png

Scott Madden (38 years old) vanished without a trace on July 13th, 2019. He was last seen that Saturday night at 9:45 PM and had told family he was going out for a swim. He took his mother's silver Toyota 4Runner and never returned.

4 days later, that same silver Toyota 4Runner was discovered parked by a large green dumpster at Galena Creek Regional Park by a park ranger - but not just ANY park ranger.

We verified with Scott's family that the same park ranger we had a creepy encounter with was the SAME park ranger who discovered the 4Runner. He acted incredibly strange when we mentioned Scott's case.

WATCH HERE:https://youtu.be/iFjr49GmtQU

According to Scott's family, this same park ranger recalled seeing the silver 4Runner parked in the lot on Saturday... the VERY night that Scott disappeared. He didn't call the vehicle in until WEDNESDAY. Even more disturbing is that this park is NOT a camping area as some have assumed. It's a fishing and picnic park, and NOT for overnight use. The park is locked up every single night. This means every night, the ranger was knowingly locking someone inside for FOUR NIGHTS STRAIGHT without reporting it...

Scott's wallet was inside the truck, but the keys are still missing. Search & rescue teams scoured the surrounding dense woods but came back empty handed. Search dogs didn't find anything either. It was as if Scott was never even there.

It's important to mention that some media is reporting that Scott is a missing veteran. This is false and based on the license plates of the silver 4Runner, which again, was his mother's vehicle. His father is a veteran.

We verified with family that Scott did NOT have PTSD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or ANY OTHER MENTAL ILLNESS.

843844556_lastphoto.jpg.cd5d41efa1ef9202645439fc24c0f3d3.jpg

This is the last photo Scott ever took (pictured with his daughter). As you can see, Scott left the home wearing a reddish-completed colored t-shirt, navy blue swimming trunks, and Reef-style sandals. This picture was taken within 10 minutes of him leaving the home to go for a swim. His daughter had asked for him not to leave and stay home with her.

According to Scott's family, before he left the home, he was "texting away furiously on his phone, ostensibly to arrange a hookup with some girl (he used POF and maybe Tinder to meet girls)". Because he wasn't using SMS to communicate with whoever he was talking to, Verizon didn't have any text records. Again, according to family, "he was either using POF/Tinder/What'sApp/etc. to communicate with whomever it was he was arranging to meet up with".

Scott's phone - an iPhone XS Max - remains missing as well. The Air Force confirmed his phone tried to establish a data connection at 1:10am and 1:40am on the morning of Sunday, July 14th.

What do YOU think happened to Scott Madden?

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

There's always a chance he did indeed suffer from some form of mental illness that the Family (or He) did not know about or hadn't been diagnosed yet. Although the Rap sheet recently shared here is very interesting. So many unanswered questions I'm betting this story isn't quite over yet. ❓🤔

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Like I said on the old thread I think he got into an altercation with someone from the wedding party and he ended up in the green dumpster and they knew the ranger that is why he is being so strange about it all. Does anyone know if the people at the wedding party were interviewed and if any of them had a connection to the Ranger?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It needs to be mentioned that Scott's parents wanted us to make a video about his disappearance, but his sister wasn't supportive of the idea. Instead of causing the family any issues during this difficult time, we decided to not make a video on his disappearance. We included a small portion because we thought it was very interesting how the circumstances were similar to the disappearance of Richard Cambria, who also vanished without a trace. 

DesertFog dug up some interesting details on the case that should be included. I wasn't sure if he was going to include them again after I nuked the thread, but here they are again. 

ScottMadden1.thumb.JPG.aa48b7ca289ae22e9b0655108aab3bb9.JPG

ScottMadden2.thumb.JPG.3bbee77d5f1f90cfabef22fd9172d124.JPG

He was sentenced to 6 years but only served something like 45 days! Why was his sentence so light? Did he snitch on someone? 

• Like 4

On 12/31/2019 at 12:57 PM, EWU Emma said:

REPOSTED

Scott Madden (38 years old) vanished without a trace on July 13th, 2019. He was last seen that Saturday night at 9:45 PM and had told family he was going out for a swim. He took his mother's silver Toyota 4Runner and never returned.

4 days later, that same silver Toyota 4Runner was discovered parked by a large green dumpster at Galena Creek Regional Park by a park ranger - but not just ANY park ranger.

We verified with Scott's family that the same park ranger we had a creepy encounter with was the SAME park ranger who discovered the 4Runner. He acted incredibly strange when we mentioned Scott's case.

According to Scott's family, this same park ranger recalled seeing the silver 4Runner parked in the lot on Saturday... the VERY night that Scott disappeared. He didn't call the vehicle in until WEDNESDAY. Even more disturbing is that this park is NOT a camping area as some have assumed. It's a fishing and picnic park, and NOT for overnight use. The park is locked up every single night. This means every night, the ranger was knowingly locking someone inside for FOUR NIGHTS STRAIGHT without reporting it...

Scott's wallet was inside the truck, but the keys are still missing. Search & rescue teams scoured the surrounding dense woods but came back empty handed. Search dogs didn't find anything either. It was as if Scott was never even there.

It's important to mention that some media is reporting that Scott is a missing veteran. This is false and based on the license plates of the silver 4Runner, which again, was his mother's vehicle. His father is a veteran.

We verified with family that Scott did NOT have PTSD, depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or ANY OTHER MENTAL ILLNESS.

This is the last photo Scott ever took (pictured with his daughter). As you can see, Scott left the home wearing a reddish-completed colored t-shirt, navy blue swimming trunks, and Reef-style sandals. This picture was taken within 10 minutes of him leaving the home to go for a swim. His daughter had asked for him not to leave and stay home with her.

According to Scott's family, before he left the home, he was "texting away furiously on his phone, ostensibly to arrange a hookup with some girl (he used POF and maybe Tinder to meet girls)". Because he wasn't using SMS to communicate with whoever he was talking to, Verizon didn't have any text records. Again, according to family, "he was either using POF/Tinder/What'sApp/etc. to communicate with whomever it was he was arranging to meet up with".

Scott's phone - an iPhone XS Max - remains missing as well. The Air Force confirmed his phone tried to establish a data connection at 1:10am and 1:40am on the morning of Sunday, July 14th.

Where did he usually go swimming? Maybe he was abducted or killed there and the vehicle was dumped at the park to get it away from the crime scene? Has anyone looked into this at all?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2020 at 1:22 AM, EWU Bob said:

He was sentenced to 6 years but only served something like 45 days! Why was his sentence so light? Did he snitch on someone? 

I don't know how it works exactly, but I have a family member that has been sentenced to multiple years... twice actually. On both occurrences, after just 30 and 90 days I got a phone call., "I'm Out. Come Pick me up." You don't have to be a celebrity or have connections to get special treatment. Just luck.

I imagine too, there are probably rules for early release... like non violent crimes, past record etc. Maybe we have a lawyer in here who can tell us.

P.S. This was 8+ Years ago and my family member has mended his ways. #NoJudgement

• Love 2
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 10:57 AM, EWU Emma said:

I would look at who he was texting. It may of been a catfishing scam or someone setting him up.

• Love 1

Unfortunately it sounded like he was using one of those messaging apps, so there doesn't appear to be any actual texts from his phone number. 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 12:57 PM, EWU Emma said:

REPOSTED

Well, OBVIOUSLY that Park Ranger had something to hide. Me thinks more than just locking the gate.Had it been a animal attack there would have been evidence EVERYWHERE ! Either it has something to do with that slimy Park Ranger or another 411 case.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Hi all, I'm Scott's brother, and I'd like to clear up and answer a few things I've seen written here in this thread. 

About the wedding/wedding party at Galena Creek Regional Park that night, it's a tricky thing because we do not know who's wedding it was, let alone who was in attendance. The police will not/have not released that information to us, and we've had no luck in finding out those details. If we knew, it would be super helpful, especially if we were able to ascertain whether anyone there had some sort of connection to Scott. That said, I sincerely doubt he would have driven nearly half an hour to a wedding reception that was nearly over, wearing a t- shirt, swimming trunks, and flip flop sandals.

Earlier, someone else mentioned that yeah, in spite of not being a veteran (there was some initial confusion about that since the vehicle he was driving has Air Force Veteran plates), he may well have been suffering from some mental illness anyway. I'm going to categorically refute that assumption. The only mental defect or illness Scott ever had was being too damn positive, optimistic, and fun loving. I spoke to him just a couple of days before he'd gone missing (both of our daughters were born within 90 minutes of each other, and they had just celebrated their fifth birthday about a week before he went missing). He was in his typical good spirits, and was very happy that his daughter really liked her birthday presents. Depression, anxiety, bipolar, PTSD, etc, these are all things that simply didn't apply to him. Some people have suggested he took his own life. That is prolly the most insane and bogus thing I've ever heard attributed to Scott in my entire life, it's simply impossible. 

Indeed, he was texting up quite a storm in the last hour or so he was at home, before he left for the final time, and indeed, he was not "texting" (SMS), cos we verified with his carrier (he's on a family plan with the 'rents, so it was easy to verify that). He was almost certainly using a platform like Plenty of Fish (which he used regularly), Tinder (less frequently), or possibly a secure messaging app, like What's App, Signal, or something like that. Trouble is, we don't even know (aside from POF and Twitter) he was using, since Apple will not assist us in restoring the most recent iCloud backup of his phone to a new iOS device. I was able to get into his iCloud to see whatever photos, emails, and notes he had saved there (his iCloud email address was his primary email account, like the only one he used), but there were zero messages from 7/13 in his inbox, sent items, and even trash. 7/13 was either an inexplicably slow day where there was really zero activity in his email, or whomever did this to him got his phone and deleted anything that could lead back to THAT individual or individuals. If we had his six-digit PIN, we'd be able to see what apps he was using and that activity, but none of us know it, and Apple won't release it, not even to the police (or in this case, the Washoe County Sheriff).

I hope this info will help some of y'all sleuths to discount the garbage and assumptions, and key in on something that could be useful (like, whose wedding reception took place at the park that night, or any high speed ideas on how to get past that six digit iCloud PIN).

Please feel free to reply or contact me if you've got any other questions that I haven't addressed here. We need to find out what happened to him. Scott was by brudder and my best friend. It's infuriating that nearly seven months after he went missing, there are zero leads, as if he just parked his truck at some random park late at night and disappeared into the ether.

• Love 7

(Not sure if this was approved so posting again.)

To Scott's Brother and Family: First, I am so sorry for your loss. I just heard the news this morning. It doesn't matter what his criminal history was or whether he was trying to hook up with someone; something clearly happened to him that he did not deserve. I work nearby and I actually recall seeing you speaking to a detective outside the Coroner's office on Monday morning as I was walking in to work. I didn't know who you were or what your story was, but felt for you because I could tell by your posture and the fact you were talking to someone who was obviously an investigator right outside the ME office that you had just received some terrible news. I am especially sorry for Scott's young daughter, and if it turns out there was foul play involved in his disappearance, I hope your family finds the justice you are seeking.

My input or assumptions are really of no use to your investigation, and I'm sure you have already thought the same things. But... it is quite scary to me that I was just at the same park a month ago with my young son, the same place where Scott disappeared, and we were considering taking a short hike into the woods but ended up deciding against it. We like to fish and wanted to check out the streams for the upcoming springtime. But... there was a strange vibe there, and I could not explain it. I shrugged it off, thinking perhaps it was just because of the winter quiet, but because I felt unsettled, we did not stay long. I'm now very glad we left. I did notice a park ranger truck parked there and if I recall correctly, there was a quad or small utility vehicle driving around, presumably with a ranger who was checking on things or doing maintenance.

Perhaps speculating on what might have happened is somewhat unfair to the individual taking care of that park, and maybe that person is a perfectly fine, upstanding citizen, but with the story unfolding and the circumstances I've heard, I feel disturbed. I do recall hearing stories of other disappearances (or at least one other?) in that same area; that is what "rang a bell" for me when I heard your brother was missing, and my interest in true crime, missing persons cases, and local crime why I am following it now. The fact that the park ranger did not report Scott's vehicle and locked the park gates for FOUR NIGHTS before finally contacting authorities is inexplicably suspicious. I'm sure police cannot disclose details of any conversations they've had with that individual, but I'd really like to hear his (her? male? female?) explanation regarding that fact. 

I have not yet watched the video link posted here, but it does not sound good that this individual supposedly reacted in a strange manner when confronted with the fact there was an investigation into Scott's disappearance. I can't help but wonder if Scott was "texting" with someone he THOUGHT was a female, but was actually a catfish, and that he was lured to the area. To go to that area to "swim" at almost 10pm at night ... it sounds unusual. Money is apparently not the motivation. Had he ever gone swimming in that area before? Where did he intend to go swimming, the fishing pond up there? To my knowledge, nobody swims there. I could be wrong. 

This all makes me very hesitant to go anywhere to enjoy the outdoors in our area until this is solved. I suppose I am also concerned that turning up the heat thru these types of posts online may soon drive this ranger individual to disappear. I hope your investigator is helping you out and that authorities have a very close eye on this person. And if it does turn out that the ranger is innocent and has a plausible explanation for what occurred with not reporting the vehicle, I'm sorry for the suspicion, but if it were a member of THEIR family who went missing and was then found dead months later, I'm sure they'd want all possible leads thoroughly investigated, too.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:12 AM, tl13 said:

(Not sure if this was approved so posting again.)

To Scott's Brother and Family: First, I am so sorry for your loss. I just heard the news this morning. It doesn't matter what his criminal history was or whether he was trying to hook up with someone; something clearly happened to him that he did not deserve. I work nearby and I actually recall seeing you speaking to a detective outside the Coroner's office on Monday morning as I was walking in to work. I didn't know who you were or what your story was, but felt for you because I could tell by your posture and the fact you were talking to someone who was obviously an investigator right outside the ME office that you had just received some terrible news. I am especially sorry for Scott's young daughter, and if it turns out there was foul play involved in his disappearance, I hope your family finds the justice you are seeking.

My input or assumptions are really of no use to your investigation, and I'm sure you have already thought the same things. But... it is quite scary to me that I was just at the same park a month ago with my young son, the same place where Scott disappeared, and we were considering taking a short hike into the woods but ended up deciding against it. We like to fish and wanted to check out the streams for the upcoming springtime. But... there was a strange vibe there, and I could not explain it. I shrugged it off, thinking perhaps it was just because of the winter quiet, but because I felt unsettled, we did not stay long. I'm now very glad we left. I did notice a park ranger truck parked there and if I recall correctly, there was a quad or small utility vehicle driving around, presumably with a ranger who was checking on things or doing maintenance.

Perhaps speculating on what might have happened is somewhat unfair to the individual taking care of that park, and maybe that person is a perfectly fine, upstanding citizen, but with the story unfolding and the circumstances I've heard, I feel disturbed. I do recall hearing stories of other disappearances (or at least one other?) in that same area; that is what "rang a bell" for me when I heard your brother was missing, and my interest in true crime, missing persons cases, and local crime why I am following it now. The fact that the park ranger did not report Scott's vehicle and locked the park gates for FOUR NIGHTS before finally contacting authorities is inexplicably suspicious. I'm sure police cannot disclose details of any conversations they've had with that individual, but I'd really like to hear his (her? male? female?) explanation regarding that fact. 

I have not yet watched the video link posted here, but it does not sound good that this individual supposedly reacted in a strange manner when confronted with the fact there was an investigation into Scott's disappearance. I can't help but wonder if Scott was "texting" with someone he THOUGHT was a female, but was actually a catfish, and that he was lured to the area. To go to that area to "swim" at almost 10pm at night ... it sounds unusual. Money is apparently not the motivation. Had he ever gone swimming in that area before? Where did he intend to go swimming, the fishing pond up there? To my knowledge, nobody swims there. I could be wrong. 

This all makes me very hesitant to go anywhere to enjoy the outdoors in our area until this is solved. I suppose I am also concerned that turning up the heat thru these types of posts online may soon drive this ranger individual to disappear. I hope your investigator is helping you out and that authorities have a very close eye on this person. And if it does turn out that the ranger is innocent and has a plausible explanation for what occurred with not reporting the vehicle, I'm sorry for the suspicion, but if it were a member of THEIR family who went missing and was then found dead months later, I'm sure they'd want all possible leads thoroughly investigated, too.

That Ranger is definitely suspicious. Think he knows more than he is letting on. U could be right about the catfish aswell!

I haven't looked, but are there any more details about this, maybe a specific location of where his remains were found? I wonder if he got lost, but it would have been pitch dark out there when he arrived. I wonder where his remains were found, what direction. Cause of death, any weapons found? 

My sympathies lie with his family, especially his daughter. Poor girl. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I did not see any official report of the death on this thread. Forgive me if I'm replicating. There's not much info at this time.

Washoe County Sheriff's Office

For Immediate Release

PR #:2000029Date Issued: Mar 05, 2020 - 9:21am

Remains of missing Hidden Valley man located in Mt. Rose wildernessCONTACT:Bob Harmon
Washoe County Sheriff's Office
Office 775-785-6235
Cell 775-722-5517

The remains of Scott Madden, the 38-year-old Hidden Valley man reported missing in July of 2019, have been located in a remote area of the Mt. Rose wilderness adjacent to Galena Creek Regional Park.

The remains were located by a hiker on Sunday, February 23, 2020. The Washoe County Regional Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed the identity of the decedent as Scott Madden through dental comparison. The cause of death is still under investigation.

Scott Madden was last seen in the area of his residence on Rough Rock Road at approximately 9:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 13, 2019. His vehicle was discovered at Galena Creek Regional Park the following Wednesday, July 17.

Although there is no evidence of criminal activity at this time, this is an open investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Detective Division at (775) 328-3320.

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is dedicated to preserving a safe and secure community with professionalism, respect, integrity and the highest commitment to equality. Sheriff Darin Balaam is the 27th person elected to serve as the Sheriff of Washoe County since the Office was created in 1861. The Washoe County Sheriff's Office strives to ensure public safety by building trust and creating partnerships within the diverse communities in which we serve. We will promote the dignity of all people supported by our words and actions through open communication while fostering an environment of professionalism, integrity and mutual respect.

###

My heart goes out to the family.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

my prayers go out to his family sad news rip scott 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I'm sending prayers and thoughts to his family.  What a tragic loss

• Love 2