• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anyone recognize this mine?

• Administrators

I am sure I could figure it out if I had some extra time, but it does look familiar to me. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ody Slim said:

Thanks Bob. Its good you are busy.  Thanks for the reply & Have Yourself a Great Day!  

Thanks Ody, super busy, but in a good way! Things are going better than ever for us! 

18 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Thanks Ody, super busy, but in a good way! Things are going better than ever for us! 

Well, I am happy for you Bob.  Nothing is better than doing your own thing.  

• Moderators

Something I've learned about mine exploring in the last few years.  Look around at all the 'main attractions' as much as you want.  Then, go for a walk.

I have found so many interesting things (artifacts, structures, etc.) by just getting off the beaten path, it's surprises me to no end.  Even walking down the wash/ridge next to the road can be enough to reveal interesting old stuff. 

Of course most of these sites have been pillaged over time, so you're not likely to find gold bars and ore carts sitting on the surface.  But, it still makes for a good explore and good times.

12 hours ago, desertdog said:

Something I've learned about mine exploring in the last few years.  Look around at all the 'main attractions' as much as you want.  Then, go for a walk.

I have found so many interesting things (artifacts, structures, etc.) by just getting off the beaten path, it's surprises me to no end.  Even walking down the wash/ridge next to the road can be enough to reveal interesting old stuff. 

Of course most of these sites have been pillaged over time, so you're not likely to find gold bars and ore carts sitting on the surface.  But, it still makes for a good explore and good times.

Im with you 100 percent. Thanks for reminding me. One thing I have a lot of is time. I dont mind taking a day extra to look around if I find a place that is really interesting. even in the most remote places people have walked off with any artifacts that were left behind.  Even though most of the artifacts are gone, I still want to photograph what's left. Especially the some of the more remote places.  I also want to fine the very remote pictographs and drawings done by the Indians.  

5 minutes ago, Ody Slim said:

Im with you 100 percent. Thanks for reminding me. One thing I have a lot of is time. I dont mind taking a day extra to look around if I find a place that is really interesting. even in the most remote places people have walked off with any artifacts that were left behind.  Even though most of the artifacts are gone, I still want to photograph what's left. Especially the some of the more remote places.  I also want to fine the very remote pictographs and drawings done by the Indians.  

Also just being there is good enough of an experience for me.