• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Bob

My New Addiction

Recently I got into building AR15's, here are 4 I am currently working on, some are pretty nice, while others are basically no-name uppers. From left to right is a Daniel Defense, Colt, AR-Stoner chambered in 7.62x39 (not sure if I am going to swap out the barrel and BCG for 5.56 as I have read about feed issues with the 7.62x39 caliber in this configuration), and the last one is a NBS with an Aero Precision Nickel Boron BCG. 

Anyone else into building AR15's? Kind of addicting...

20200728_094010.jpg

20200728_093926.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Thanks, I can't wait to get them put together, going with some PSA lowers as they are the only ones who seem to have any lowers in stock at this time. I tried to drill out a few 80% lowers, but failed miserably. I do have something coming to finish 80% lowers, but that won't be for a few months. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I've got a commercial lower and a lower that I milled out on my HF mill awaiting parts.  I've got an almost-complete upper floating around somewhere.  I pirated the BCG for another build.  Truthfully, I think I've fed the addiction for AR's now. 

15's that is.  10's are probably my next sickness....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, desertdog said:

I've got a commercial lower and a lower that I milled out on my HF mill awaiting parts.  I've got an almost-complete upper floating around somewhere.  I pirated the BCG for another build.  Truthfully, I think I've fed the addiction for AR's now. 

15's that is.  10's are probably my next sickness....

I have 3 80% lowers that I probably won't be able to use as I don't think I will be able to mill them on the CNC machine since they are anodized. I should have just got a mill instead of the drill press, and I could have taken my time drilling out the two I destroyed, but I am pretty impatient and have never been good with going slow on projects.

I have three PSA lowers on the way, and they will be here on Friday (be at the FFL), and I hear the background checks are also behind, so it will probably be two weeks until I get them in my hands. Kinda lame how the background checks are backed up, but what can you do. 

They discontinued the Sig 516 a while back, which annoys me as parts will become hard to find, but I will keep my eye out for 516 uppers so I can have a few extra. 

18 hours ago, Highlander said:

Nice bob !! I want an ar! I just bought a Charles daly 12 gauge and a Remington 770 (.270) my collection is growing  😄

952766CA-C54D-4120-A305-9AF33A73D631.png

Nice, I was trying to get some buckshot, but it's hard to find, so I have been stocking up on my 5.56. 

18 hours ago, Highlander said:

Nice bob !! I want an ar! I just bought a Charles daly 12 gauge and a Remington 770 (.270) my collection is growing  😄

952766CA-C54D-4120-A305-9AF33A73D631.png

BTW, did you get those recently, like in the last few weeks, and if so, is there still a long wait for the background check? 

32 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I have 3 80% lowers that I probably won't be able to use as I don't think I will be able to mill them on the CNC machine since they are anodized. I should have just got a mill instead of the drill press, and I could have taken my time drilling out the two I destroyed, but I am pretty impatient and have never been good with going slow on projects.

I have three PSA lowers on the way, and they will be here on Friday (be at the FFL), and I hear the background checks are also behind, so it will probably be two weeks until I get them in my hands. Kinda lame how the background checks are backed up, but what can you do. 

They discontinued the Sig 516 a while back, which annoys me as parts will become hard to find, but I will keep my eye out for 516 uppers so I can have a few extra. 

As long as the vice jaws are clean to not damage the finish, should be zero issues. I've done anodized and bare 80% lowers on my CNC. Problem comes when you want to send them out to get anodized or coated, the biz needs to be licensed to handle firearms too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MB64 said:

As long as the vice jaws are clean to not damage the finish, should be zero issues. I've done anodized and bare 80% lowers on my CNC. Problem comes when you want to send them out to get anodized or coated, the biz needs to be licensed to handle firearms too.

It's a GhostGunner machine, and for some reason they say anodized lowers are not currently supported or recommended, but I haven't really looked into the reasons yet. What machine are you running your builds on? I might to buy another CNC machine while I am waiting for the GG to show up, which won't be for months. 

• Love 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:01 PM, EWU Bob said:

It's a GhostGunner machine, and for some reason they say anodized lowers are not currently supported or recommended, but I haven't really looked into the reasons yet. What machine are you running your builds on? I might to buy another CNC machine while I am waiting for the GG to show up, which won't be for months. 

Little larger than a desktop CNC lol 8100lb HAAS VF1.  Just watched a video of one being set up, they need it bare metal because of their probe system is using an electrical current.