• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

randolphb

No Roughing It!

thumbnail_photo.thumb.jpg.8e5b8d5686e13232fee3dfbffc502951.jpg2.thumb.jpg.b3463b54dc8c7e3f0df2b99bf955e55f.jpg

This is how I camp now.  It started with a Coleman tent.  Then it was a 40s-50s tent trailer.  Wish I still had that, didn't realize what a classic it was.  Then to a seventies Starcraft pop-up Which was on it's last leg.  Now I have the TravelStar.  Love it, just wish it was a little bigger.  The Lighting has no problem pulling, no swaying back and forth.  It did need trailer brakes to help stop.  The pictures are at Joe Wheeler State Park.  I grew up camping there since the 70s and I can be there in a half hour.  The place is like a second home.  Camper setup at a campsite is straight forward.  After backing in and unhooking it from the truck I hook up the electricity   Then turn the frig and air conditioning (needed in Alabama!).  Next crank down the stabilizers and let down the foldouts.   Connect the water and waste line and you are good to go.  Backing in to setup only takes 20-30 minutes.  To head out all I really have to do is pack clothes, food, and drinks.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Looks like a sweet tent trailer you got bud. 

Enjoy your holiday/break. 

Thanks for posting bud 

• Love 3

Nice setup, actually looks quite comfy.

If and when going camping have to use a tent, may be hard at times though, mostly getting up and out of it.

Would like to have a  truck/camper, which will keep me from lots of sketchy roads, would be going alone.

• Love 3

Thanks for the positive comments!  Since I've had it (going on 8 years) it has rained sometime during the camping trip every time but once.  And I mean every time!  One time we got 5.75 inches in one day.  I actually went home and left the camper at the campground.  The rain was deafening.  The joke at work is anytime we need rain in the area everyone trys to get me to go camping.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Rains alot in the Northwest, right now its dry and under a heat advisory Sunday morning into Monday evening (hot for us, forecasting 95 to 102).

Depends where you go camping around these parts, mountains and coast are different worlds sometimes.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

IMO, there is no other way to go out and explore, a travel trailer is pretty much mandatory if you want all the creature comforts of home while you're out and about. Not to mention, if you have any gear you care about like cameras, electronics, etc. and want to keep them safe, a trailer will serve that purpose! I can't wait to get another trailer, so many places I want to get out and see, but they are too far for day trips, and I hate spending all day driving and not getting out. 

The only thing that worries me are all the trailer and RV horror stories about the poor build quality and lack of manufacturer support. 

• Love 3