• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Posted (edited)

Written by Joseph Arctic Thunder 

On the evening of November 29, 1980, Granger Taylor 28 years old vanished, seemingly without a trace from his west coast home.

Granger Taylor was a rather eccentric genius.

20200718_133009.thumb.jpg.2f25f7fc2961c0484df322e7872717ff.jpg

Taylor was born on October 7, 1948 and raised in Duncan, Vancouver Island — a logging and fishing community in British Columbia. His friends and neighbors described Granger as having an amazing aptitude for constructing and mechanical devices. 

Granger who lived with his mother and stepfather’s in their wooded Somenos Lake property right up to the day he vanished — was a Grade 8 dropout, who became a self-taught mechanical wizard.

After leaving school he had managed to secure his first job as a mechanic apprenticeship but after just one year, he ventured out on his own and would remain self employed working as a welder, a mechanic and repairing heavy machinery.

Taylor’s list of accomplishments were impressive. He built a single cylinder automobile at just 14 years old, which was exhibited at the Duncan Forest Museum; at 17 he managed to rebuild a bulldozer that more seasoned mechanics had abandoned for being non-repairable. These remarkable achievements were just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Granger would often be bored and pushed himself further. He managed to extricate an abandoned locomotive nestled in the wood painstakingly plowing a path to the train and dragging it back onto the property by mechanical means, and then of course repaired the locomotive which was later purchased by the province.

granger_locomotive_salvage.jpg.46559fb6ccf2f89eda3bf7c020f247da.jpg

He obtain his pilot license and acquired an WW2 plane which he refurbish and sold for $20 thousands.

This is where the story takes a strange turn. Granger became fascinated with the propulsion systems of UFOs. His attention became completely focused on this matter. 

He constructed a saucer-shape work-office / room in his yard where he spent a great deal of time speculating, contemplating and... receiving communication from aliens.

granger_UFO_house_light_sm.jpg.ee61de1e9e690339ce1b766085311040.jpg

Then on November 29th 1980, Granger left an odd note for his parents. Now the mother was gone on a vacation in Hawaii leaving his father with the strange written message.

THE NOTE

Dear Mother and Father,

I have gone away to walk aboard an alien ship as recurring dreams assured a 42 month interstellar voyage to explore the vast universe, then return.

I am leaving behind all my possessions to you as I will no longer require the use of any. Please use the instructions in my will as a guide to help.

Love, Granger.

Granger was last seen in a restaurant poorly dressed for a storm that was fast approaching. He left in his truck and was never seen again. Hurricane force wind would move upon the area. Not a great time to travel. The father persuaded the RCMP to help search for his son.
Exhaustive checks by the police yielded negative results. In fact RCMP over the years had not turned up any traces of Granger Taylor. The UFO and space enthusiast had simply vanished.

granger5.jpg.1f593cffc5d2162fbca232458b783cac.jpg

Granger Taylor's Parents

On May 29, 1984, Granger Taylor’s 42 month expedition was scheduled to come to an end (according to his notes). His parents had left the backdoor unlocked for nearly 4-years — eagerly awaiting for their son’s promised return… he never came home.

In 1986 the truck was found on a mountain near Duncan, apparently blown to peices in what must have been a great explosion. 

Forestry crews discovered the blast site, about six kilometers northwest of Duncan. Two pieces of bone were found at the blast site and a pathologist confirmed they are human. Until further evidence is found, the RCMP is assuming they are Taylor's.

It was learned that Taylor had taken dynamite, used for blasting tree stumps, from his parents' Duncan-area farm.

It should be noted that 2 wills were left by Granger. The word "deceased" was scratched out and replaced with the word "departed". Was it suicide, accidental, or staged. Did the bad weather have anything to do with the explosion. No positive ID was ever established.

---------------------------------------------

References

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/10/the-strange-disappearance-of-granger-taylor/

https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.com/news/where-did-granger-taylor-go-new-documentary-probes-mysterious-disappearance

Edited by ArcticThunder
  • Love 4

That's a very interesting case and a strange one. 

All reports that I looked at says the same thing, it's certainly a mystery on what happened to him. 

• Love 3

He was bright and people called him gentle Ben. One of his friend said, that if someone can build a working flying saucer it would be Granger. But still, communicating with aliens?

• Love 3

I don't know what to say about the alien thing, he was a genius in what he did and who knows, maybe he had a sixth sense. 

From reading on what I read that he was last seen in a diner, he had explosives in his truck and went for a drive in a storm. 

If I had a guess on what happened would be his truck got struck by lightning as he was on a mountain in the storm. He had explosives so would explain the truck damage. 

I'm still trying to figure out why just two pieces of bone that they say is human and maybe from granger. 

If he was in the truck, would there be more of him inside the truck? Or least more bones ect scattered around.

• Like 3

My guess is because it was six years after the fact, animals could have gotten to his remains (pieces). However in my opinion it's not conclusive that he committed suicide. The RCMP can not even confirm that the two pieces of bones found belong to Granger.

• Like 3

That's a weird case and looking from that it will never be solved. I wish it would have been so his parents could have known the truth, what actually happened to him.

If he ever thought of suicide why did he think of that when he was living his best life and had loving parents? Another question is that is that truck his? How could they come to that conclusion?

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Similar Content

• By ArcticThunder
      UFOs are Falling from the Sky
      Written by Joseph Arctic Thunder
      “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)
      The above quote can either refer to an obstinate person coming to his senses and accepting the truth; or it refers to a cleverly orchestrated process of disinformation being publicized to condition someone to finally accept a lie. You decide!
      -------------------------------------------
      Astrophysicist Briefs The D.O.D On “Off-World Vehicles Not Made On This Earth”

The picture you see at the top of this article comes from NASA/Lockheed senior scientist Norman Bergrun,  taken from the Voyager mission in 1980. Truth: they discovered a moonlet that they have called Peggy.
      New York Times reported that Eric W. Davis, a renowned astrophysicist who has a provable record working along side the Pentagon, has claimed that he briefed the Defense Department Agency, in March, about  "off-world vehicles not made on this Earth." The scientist claims that upon analyzing UFO debris, he concluded that the material was not man-made. (It was probably built by a woman, lol!)
      The Times also reported that that a member of the Senate  claims that some intenties, including members of the public may have additional artifacts from UFO crashes.
      Wow aliens spaceships that are prone to crashes. Do we really want this technology?
      Why are the government sectors acknowledging this type of news  after such a long established protocol of ridicule, secrecy, disinformation and censorship? What is up? 
      Is this more disinformation to keep the public, as well as other world government guessing about US technology? Could it all be true?
      If these bold claims are true then we are left with the notion that super advance alien flying saucers have the propensity in crashing or have the tendercy to experience catastrophic malfunction.
      People need to understand that if a spaceship that can successfully travel through the extreme hazards of space then it's freakin' built tough to say the least. It is at least 100 years ahead of our technology and would be able to deal with our threat. Shooting it down or the alien ship crashing is unlikely.
      The infamous NAVY UFO footage displaying incredible acrobatic agility, (taunting and playing with fighter pilot) are actions that we come to expect from a superior race of extra-terrestrials. I hope you can read my sarcasm.
      Pst, I got a secret for you... they're ours!
      ... hey maybe it is me that have been conditioned in accepting a lie! The US truly has alien advance propulsion system as stated by Bob Lazar. 😁
      What do you think?
      -----------------------------------------------
      https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html
      Info on Eric Davis
      https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Eric_Davis6

• By ArcticThunder
      1560s UFO Sightings
      Two strange cases that occurred 5 years apart in Northern Europe. Both incidents were recounted in their respective media-print format (old news paper)
      The first sighting occurred in Nuremberg, Germany.  The illustration was captured on a woodcut engraving and text created by Hans Glaser in April 1561.  It reads:

Celestial phenomenon over the German city of Nuremberg on April 14, 1561.
      The document is archived in the prints and drawings collection at the Zentral bibliothek in Zürich,  Switzerland.
      The phenomenon has been interpreted by some modern UFO enthusiasts as an aerial battle of extra-terrestrial origin. This view is dismissed by some skeptics, believing that an astronomical  event took place.
       According to the report, around dawn on April 14, 1561, residents of Nuremberg saw what they believed was an aerial battle, between hundreds of spheres, cylinders and other odd-shaped objects that moved erratically overhead. The objects darted around the sky at dawn. It was then followed by the appearance of a large dark triangular object (described as a black spear) with an object crashing outside of the city.
      --------------------
      Basel UFO 1566

Flugblatt (news paper) of Basel 1566, by Samuel Apiarius and Samuel Coccius.
      This 1566 celestial phenomenon over Basel Switzerland was a series of of sightings by countless people. The Basel 'pamphlet' of 1566 describes the unusual event similarly to the above incident as a celestial battle which involved,  numerous red and black balls in the sky before the rising sun. Some interpret the report is as meteorological, some as UFO battle, while the author of the leaflet describe it as a religious event. In fact both incidents were seen has religious.
      Reference
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_reported_UFO_sightings
    • By ArcticThunder
      They look like birds but they're not flapping their wings. 
      What is your opinion?
      This footage was taken back in January 2013 in Mexico.
    • By ArcticThunder
      To be fair about this, the said footage was released on Sept 2018. The footage was leaked out by military officials (of course).
      It is in my opinion that USA Intelligence and the military department are actively participating in disinformation. This footage was released by a pilot. It shows a jet fighter landing on a deck and camera captures an unknown craft. I do confirmed that this video had been around for at least two years since I first saw this video several years back.
      The person taking the footage is clearly in another aircraft. NOTE: You can't just fly by a carrier without permission. The bridge crew are obviously aware that this classified craft is on deck and is going to keep all unauthorized flights away. So that means that the videographer is inside an authorized government aircraft.
      WTF? Do they want us to see it? They focus on the object and forget taping the fighter landing. This must be staged. And technically we can't even be sure that the object is even a real craft. It may just have easily been a prop or a drone use for hurricane busting. Lol! You might argue that the latest infamous Navy video must have been real because a navy pilot said he was chasing a UFO and we all got to see it on the news. Since when does US allows sensitive information to be release to the public? Something is not right here. And what exactly did the Navy footage showed? It was dark and the footage relied heavily on a narrative. It could have been a glorified video game for all we know.
      Two things that I am sure of; 
      The Intel and Military departments do participate in disinformation; and
      The two said UFOs captured on videos are NOT aliens.
      Whether the craft is real or not, the message being sent is a simple one;
      'Oh yeah! Look what we got!'
      In my opinion.

Important Information