• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU EMZ

What happened to EWU Crew!? ORIGINAL EXPLORE WITH US CREW MISSING? WHAT HAPPENED TO BOB, EMMA, & FAMILY!?

long time viewer! After reading a bit of what’s gone on I just wanted to pop in and say I’m so glad that you all are now getting to make the exact content that you want. It’s your channel, your lives, and anyone talking shit or bitching about any of it is for sure just an insane internet troll and (most likely) someone who lacks the emotional maturity/self awareness to recognize that they don’t have the right to try and run anyone’s life but their own. I can only imagine how absurd the harassment must have been (and likely still is). Just based on my own experiences at the head of an internet community; the toxicity is absolutely disgusting. Loved all of the previous content you put out, I love the stuff we’re getting now, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds! Thank you guys for not letting the insanity of people push you off of YouTube completely. You all rock! And to the haters; if you’ve got an issue... you have the RIGHT to go watch some other stuff! Just like the EWU crew have the RIGHT to do absolutely whatever the F they want with their channel and lives. 

• Love 8

1. The "crazies" just envied your happiness, and wanted to destroy it. You are too perfect for them.

Have you gone through with those lawsuits? Starting with that crazy bitch that tried to swat you live (which led to this whole mess), and this Larry character could do with a "cease and desist" order. It's clear he was obsessed, for some reason or another.

There's just no reason to go after people, like this.

2. Anywho, I'm having difficulty adapting to the new content. Loved the exploration, but it is what it is. Keep with those "not well known" cases, instead of those found on every MP channel.  

3. Keep the narrator in this vid, or I'm licking EWU Rooney xD

I certainly will miss the original EWUCrew but I wish you all the best and I will continue to be a subscriber and fan.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1

I saw this coming in a way. Emma was getting so much harassment from so many creeps. You guys are a very down to earth and normal family. I could only imagine the toll some of those weirdos took on you guys. I’d guess that had to factor into the decision to move in a new direction. 

It looks like the new content is doing just as well as before, as far as views, so I say more power to you. Personally, I like the new videos just as much because I’m a huge true crime fan. I’m a bigger true crime fan than an explorer fan to be honest. 

All that being said, you guys will be missed. I really enjoyed Bob and Emma’s personalities and sense of humor in the videos. It was also fun to be able to occasionally interact with you two on Twitter as well. So while I am a bit bummed that you guys have stepped away from the spotlight and social media, I completely empathize with that decision and wish you nothing but the best. Farewell (sort of) @EWU EMZ and @EWU Bob!! 

• Love 9

On 6/24/2020 at 9:59 PM, EWU EMZ said:

Lately, we've gotten a lot of questions asking us what happened to us.

Are we missing!?

Did we die!?

Did someone get sick!?

Most people are simply genuinely concerned about us and want to make sure we're okay. A huge thank you to you guys for caring.

Others, however, think something horrible has happened to us and decided the perfect thing to do is start harassing us as they believe we're dealing with something horrible.

Some of them have even taken it upon themselves to start doing "research", including on the children of the family.

research.PNG.500d4457fbedf9a13ec20b9f1fb95192.PNG

Sounds totally normal.

433738513_dogshit.PNG.739e6d9816dd4d5744200257bb444aaa.PNG

Luckily, the majority of people aren't ANYTHING like THIS...

Because if one of us died or got terribly sick, internet harassment would be SO nice to deal with.

Luckily, we are okay, but I can only imagine how horrible it would be to deal with this type of harassment if we were dealing with a personal tragedy as some actually think.

The simple answer is we are perfectly fine and the channel is just changing its content.

Not everyone will like the content and that's fine, it's your personal preference.

If you don't enjoy it, we completely understand, but that's the direction we are heading in and won't be going back to the old content ... sorry! 

We LOVE creating this content and the answer is no, the channel will never be back to old-style exploring.

We changed our content because we LOVE making this type of content, MUCH MORE than the old content.

The good news is there are plenty of awesome exploring channels for you to enjoy around YouTube.

But who are the new narrators!?

The new narrators will not be disclosed as we believe in respecting people's privacy.

We did not enjoy narrating, so we have others doing it now and they do a fantastic job. 

Why was my comment insulting the new narrators/asking who they are/asking why the change removed!?

We don't want our narrators to see insults aimed towards them, that isn't very nice.

Again, we also respect their privacy.

We have been also removing comments asking about the change because we will never be going back to the old content and we don't have time to answer every single comment about this. We are also not going to be arguing with people about it, it's a decision we have made after much consideration and discussion and it's final. 

The comments also aren't pertinent to the video.

But your Instagram/Twitter is gone!

Our Instagram account was closed up months ago before the content change.

Anyone who followed me on Twitter knows we hated Twitter and that's why we closed our Twitter accounts. We simply don't like social media and find it to be a boring time sink. We want to focus on making videos.

Believe it or not, we didn't start a YouTube channel to blow up our egos, but instead out of a love of making videos. The first two years and 300,000 + subscribers of the channel, we never showed ourselves, only my Dad's voice could ever be heard. We make videos because it's fun, we DO NOT WANT TO BE STARS, nor are we stars as some seem to think. We are just a normal family who enjoys spending time together and making content for YouTube. 

We want to make the best content we possibly can, and that means having top notch voice acting. Like I said above, we didn't enjoy recording voiceovers and weren't happy with how they sounded. We want to make the best videos we possibly can, so instead, we changed narrators.

We are constantly striving to improve our videos. Like I said, we didn't do this for ego, so if improving the content means cutting ourselves out of the equation, then so be it.

Wow, the editing is SO trash now!

That's funny, we are still editing our own videos as we always have in the same exact style.

We hired someone to edit one video and weren't happy with it, so we're back to editing our own.

Are you ever coming back!? I'm unsubscribing!

No, we will never be "coming back". Not everyone will enjoy the new content, and as said earlier, that's fine. There's plenty of exploring channels for you to enjoy. Please feel free to unsubscribe if you don't enjoy the new content, we would do the same, so no hate intended!

I enjoy the content that you now make. I already watched similar channels so I enjoy it. Is a shame that there won't be the other videos you used to make but totally understand that you want a change and it is your family's channel and so you do what makes you happy. I am miles behind with all youtube channels videos that I watch so hopefully will catch up with them all including yourselves soon lol! 🙂 Only just got back on here for 1st time in a while.

• Love 3

On 6/26/2020 at 2:46 AM, EWU EMZ said:

Thank you SO much, Jess! We don't have any plans to ever go back in front of the camera, but we will always be behind the camera! Just like in the Keddie Cabin video, we actually went there to capture our own footage and show the location the story happened! We're hoping to do that A LOT more often in future videos! 🤗💕

Bet it was surreal being at the Keddie Cabin. I think it was Martin Smartt and John "Bo" Boubede who did those awful murders. I wonder why Tina Sharpe was taken and killed elsewhere instead of just in the cabin with the rest.  

• Love 1

On 6/28/2020 at 7:20 PM, American Explorer (Dirk) said:

I will never understand people like this. It's way over the top and every limit you can think of to attack a family for changing video content. You would think you launched ICBM's at Russia the way some people act. Furthermore, attacking your family includes the children. To me, that takes it to whole other level and is even further out of bounds. To risk sounding like a broken record as you, Emma, and I have all said quite a few times before, "don't like the content, don't watch. It really is that simple." 

WELL SAID!!!!

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I noticed early on Emma was getting some F'd up remarks. People making comments. I'll leave it there.  Lots in the Super Chat sessions

• Love 3
  • Like 2

On 7/11/2020 at 2:25 PM, Carljo89 said:

Im glad your all doing well. Just would like to make a few pointers. Your voices were perfect they wernt trash. As much as i like the new narrators i still think your voices arw better. Both of you had an air of mystery which pulls you in to the story itself lol i loved it. However i understand times are changing and youtube itself is making it harder for ppl to make content and be monitised etc so i hope you find what works for you guys as i love this channel. Secondary i no your not going back to the old content but was wondering would you be up for doing specials i dont know once a year where you get the family together and go on an adventure filming all the shenanigans you get upto id really like that alot as one of the main reasons i loved the channel was its family oriented and how you loved doing what you do together. Anyways sending support from across the pond here in uk. Keep up the good work and tell the new narrators there doing an awsum job. Much love and peace...

Thank you so much for the kind remarks, but honestly, I don't see us ever making videos in front of the camera again. We still get out and have a ton of fun and can actually focus on the moment and not the filming. 

• Love 8

38 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I don't see us every making videos in front of the camera again. We still get out and have a ton of fun and can actually focus on the moment and not the filming. 

You gotta do what feels good/right. It certainly doesn't matter if you go and have quality family fun privately.

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Im glad you guys are ok.  I love your content, and although i will miss seeing and hearing you guys on video and all your exploring videos,  i support this new change and direction you all are going.  😊

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Sorry, I'm late to the party. I want to thank you for all the exploration content you have given us. This is very sad news for me, but I'm happy you chose to do what you love. That's what matters most. I wish you all the best!

• Love 2
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Exploring With Samu said:

Sorry, I'm late to the party. I want to thank you for all the exploration content you have given us. This is very sad news for me, but I'm happy you chose to do what you love. That's what matters most. I wish you all the best!

Im with you on that.  

• Love 5

I would hope everyone began doing "research" about your "disappearance" because it seemed very sudden. I did inquire out of concern. I did love to old exploring content,  but I am enjoying the new format as well. Maybe if you had released a video on your shift to the new format it would not have cause such a stir. If you did, then I missed it. 

Once again, I want to say I am enjoying the new format. Good luck to you all, may you stay safe and well. 

• Like 3

Dear Bob, Emma and the rest of the family,

I understand your comments and why you changed the content.  I have a great distaste to for social media myself.  I avoid it as much as is possible.   I saw some of the posted negative and even attacking comments, especially those negative and wrong comments directed at you, Emma.  Sorry that happened to you and others in your family.

I have seen and visited similar sites to your original content, but I considered yours the best.  I loved your exploration of all those abandoned towns, buildings, settlements and mines.  The best for me was your family unit, your personalities and how you interacted with each other.  You were engaged in adventures that I could not personally do.

I wish you the best in the changes.  I love all the mysteries you now post, but it is just not the same for me.  There are hundreds of mystery, crime, and stories of disappearances and the like on YouTube and the Internet.  I have seen several sites covering the things you have recently posted.

I won't be watching any of the new stuff but I will be revisiting your original content frequently.  I am watching one right now you did 2 years ago.

I will miss watching your family grow.  I wish you every success, good health and prosperity.

Love to all of you,
Chris C.
Las Vegas

• Love 2
  • Like 3

I feel so bad that I never knew what you guys were going through in regards to there being negative comments, on YT or social media. I never saw them on your channel, because if I did, I would have spoke up. I don't really do social media, so I wouldn't have seen anything there.

I'm enjoying your new content. I think the editing is of professional quality. When Emma and Bob first did video's, I kind of thought Emma was going to want to pursue that in some type way in college. 

I'm glad EWU is doing what's best for them. If you think about, there aren't very many channels like yours. I liked how you guys went out to the fdls community and explored for yourselves. You guys were really respectful in how you approached and you were unbiased. You basically made a video most networks couldn't. You guys had fun as a family and your kids learned to discover hands on. I don't think you guys received enough credit for that.

When a road got too narrow to drive through, you guys got out to cut branches to open the area. You obeyed the law but were aware of your rights. Anymore, people don't do any of that. They see a pebble in the road and give up. So, anyways, you've earned my respect.

Also, I saw EWU Bob builds some mean looking guns. I wouldn't want to mess with him, lol. Take care you all.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Welcome Lee Ann, great to have you here, and thank you for the support. 🙂 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Hello EWU crew.  I just wanted to say thanks for the videos of you guys exploring remote sights.  This was once one of my hobbies.  Being able to sit in the comfort of my home while watching you do the exploring was as close as I could come to actually being there myself.  Actually, I am relieved that you have stopped.  I did not like the direction things were going regarding some of the viewers.  Their comments were way over the line and I was worried about your safety.  I think it's best that you all fade back into the shadows and have a normal family life.  I have decided to unsubscribe because the new format doesn't catch my interest.  I hope you all continue your success on YouTube.   I will miss your exploration videos, but in life nothing is forever.  I'm just happy that you made as many as you did.  Thanks.  

Gary P.

• Love 2