• Recently Browsing   1 member

EWU Emma

What happened to EWU Crew!? ORIGINAL EXPLORE WITH US CREW MISSING? WHAT HAPPENED TO BOB, EMMA, & FAMILY!?

6 minutes ago, Johnney said:

Damn you Emma!  Get back out there before we get the whip!  

get the whip!! hahaha.  These people that are complaining about content seriously just need to try and make a video.  Just one.  I feel like no one really knows what it take to make such good videos EWU puts out.  Some people are just keyboard warriors and have nothing better to do but to complain about the world and everything in it lol

• Love 4
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, Marlo said:

Hello Ewu People!

Well, that is no good news to me.

Why I subscribed to the EWU channel?

I subscribed the channel early on. The exploring was the whole point. I live in Germany and I have no access to old wooden cabins in the USA. Also being a huge fan of western movies or games (RDR2 of course) and in general I realy like the USA which also plays a role in here. 

The videos have shown the environment slowly and you could realy catch the detail of these places. I enjoyed it.

Later on the cutting of your videos became faster and quicker so it was harder to catch environmental details. At the same time though it became more personal because you've started to talk and show your faces more often which was cool because now you could actually see the people who let you explore the USA/Nevada with them through their lenses.

What I expected for the future now was more a mix between the personal and the exploration part on camera because I found it could have been a little more balanced. I also wrote it down once in the chatbox.

That of course doesn't mean that I didn't like the content, it is just feedback from me. We all grow on feedback. Me coming from the 3D art it is actually a crucial point of getting better in what I'm doing. There is a school in Hollywood called Gnomon and one of the founders got asked "what makes the rockstars in the classes so much better then the others?" He answered "they actually listening to feedback". I believe that this comes down to everything what people do. It is importent.  I should mention that this school has a placement rate of 97% which is high for the US when it comes to the entertainment industry.

Now the internet and especially as a youtuber I can only imagine it is the roughest place you can be in to get feedback on. However, as a professional you have to stay above your feelings and read between the lines.

If someone says "robotic voice" and you get angry at that then this is not the way how you grow. Why not think if his core point actually somehow makes sense? 

For my part I have to say that I had exactly the same thought on this when I watched the newer videos. Either it sounds a little robotic or a little to much entertaining for the actual topic. In the end these are murder cases where families and friends have a terrifying experience.

Now please don't call me a hater because I am not. I just try to leave some feedback here. The reason why I found the previous videos about cases more intersting is maybe the fact that you didn't try to do it professional. All the voiceovers were familiar and it sounded authentic. If you do it professional like a documentary then I can just advice you watch documentaries and steal, then mix it together in your own style. 

I realy recommend the whole video but the timestamp I'm referring to is at 8:30:

In case you are interested. This is why artist steal (in their own way). PS: The feedback part is at 19:00.

So. My disappointment goes with the fact that you guys didn't cut yourself of from all of the haters and strange people on the internet. You actually wasted to much energy on them even mentioning them in your videos or forum posts or whatnot. I would not even know who this weird indian nerd guy was when you would not have mentioned him. I also posted a thread on this here. Why wasting time on that? Why not putting more energy into the next video? Trying to improve? Trying to grow as an artist/explorer? I've never heard Quentin Tarantino or any big producers of making a big deal off of haters. Why they should? They actually have NO TIME to do so. If you do this thing in the entertainment industry you have to marry it. A lightweight friendship won't be possible! My point is: all of the haters don't have ANY room in your art which is making videos, building up a community and so on. Actually as a professional and this goes with my opinion you are not even allowed to mention them.

I hope you change your minds, don't give a flying Fk about haters and go straight forward while listening to feedback. Other then that I wish you luck!

This post was deleted, as our content changing isn't open for debate. It's weird to even think it would be, as it's our YouTube channel.

As we said in the original post, this decision is final and we aren't going to argue with anyone about it, hence why I deleted this post.

We even said we were deleting comments just like this one, but when his was deleted, for some reason, it took him by complete surprise.

It's creepy that someone would try to persuade a family to stay on camera when they clearly are moving on to a different type of content and already very clearly said the change was final.

I want to share all the bullshit we're having to put with so I decided to reinstate this post.

Marlo went completely bonkers, which is ironic, because he states in this post that we should have ignored the "weird indian nerd guy" (his words, not mine - he's referencing Mutahar, a bigger YouTube creator, who attacked us repeatedly in his livestreams).

That's already weird in itself, because why does he think he can direct who we can and can't address? In addition, why does he think he can direct our channel and content? Basically, what is wrong with this guy?

It's funny because his post got deleted, his account got banned, and now he's having a meltdown when nothing even really happened to him. I guess the guy can't follow his own advice. Typical.

Here's some of his posts from his "Marlo2" account, so you can see just how good this guy is at "not wasting energy on haters":

marlo_profile.thumb.PNG.3c40035ac894f5947728e98d8f0d0152.PNG

But he doesn't mean bye bye. What he really means, is I'm going to harass you everywhere because we followed his advice and didn't engage his attempts to argue with us about our YouTube channel.

Here's one of his comments on our YouTube channel this morning.

marthal.PNG.63e56b394afa85d7a043096322738975.PNG

Apparently, because we didn't engage in his attempts at an argument over our YouTube channel - not his - we have big egos and we're really toxic. Our family has to make our life decisions based on the advice of an internet stranger we've never met. Sounds legit!

But we're the toxic ones LMAO.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

We even said we were deleting comments just like this one, but when his was deleted, for some reason, it took him by complete surprise.

How dare you do what you said you were going to do!  We are shocked and shaken by this. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

And the dude even said himself he was looking for confrontation in his YouTube comment, but is surprised when a family doesn't have time to argue with him.

So ironic, because it's taking his own advice of not wasting energy on "haters".

Imagine looking for confrontation and acting surprised when you get blocked.

They could have just talked to me because I searched to confrontation but they banned me for doing so

I didn't want to talk to him, that just sounds SO weird. We owe you nothing, we aren't friends with you, we don't even know you, Marlo. This is turning into an unhealthy obsession. Take your own advice and move on.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

And the dude even said himself he was looking for confrontation in his YouTube comment, but is surprised when a family doesn't have time to argue with him.

So ironic, because it's taking his own advice of not wasting energy on "haters".

I didn't want to talk to him, that just sounds SO weird. We owe you nothing, we aren't friends with you, we don't even know you, Marlo. This is turning into an unhealthy obsession. Take your own advice and move on.

Best way to get rid trolls and haters is to not fuel their fire.  Your family has stayed its case about the channels future and that’s that. No more explanation needed. Maybe pin it at the top of the forum in the home page and lock it so no one can comment. You know, for those idiots that can’t read 

• Love 5

7 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

This post was deleted, as our content changing isn't open for debate. It's weird to even think it would be, as it's our YouTube channel.

As we said in the original post, this decision is final and we aren't going to argue with anyone about it, hence why I deleted this post.

It's creepy that someone would try to persuade a family to stay on camera when they clearly are moving on to a different type of content and already very clearly said the change was final.

I want to share all the bullshit we're having to put with so I decided to reinstate this post.

Marlo went completely bonkers, which is ironic, because he states in this post that we should have ignored the "weird indian nerd guy" (his words, not mine - he's referencing Mutahar, a bigger YouTube creator, who attacked us repeatedly in his livestreams).

That's already weird in itself, because why does he think he can direct who we can and can't address? In addition, why does he think he can direct our channel and content? Basically, what is wrong with this guy?

It's funny because his post got deleted, his account got banned, and now he's having a meltdown when nothing even really happened to him. I guess the guy can't follow his own advice. Typical.

Here's some of his posts from his "Marlo2" account, so you can see just how good this guy is at "not wasting energy on haters":

marlo_profile.thumb.PNG.3c40035ac894f5947728e98d8f0d0152.PNG

But he doesn't mean bye bye. What he really means, is I'm going to harass you everywhere because we followed his advice and didn't engage his attempts to argue with us about our YouTube channel.

Here's one of his comments on our YouTube channel this morning.

marthal.PNG.63e56b394afa85d7a043096322738975.PNG

Apparently, because we didn't engage in his attempts at an argument over our YouTube channel - not his - we have big egos and we're really toxic. Our family has to make our life decisions based on the advice of an internet stranger we've never met. Sounds legit!

But we're the toxic ones LMAO.

This guy is weird.  He literally wants your family on screen so he can get his happy on.  That to me is a bit of a reach on the creepy side.  If you do not like the new content, just stop watching or look for something new.  Its not like you wear your shoes until they rip and then tape them up and call them new.  I really feel like some people need a teddy to hug when they get like this lol

• Love 4

27 minutes ago, dvaz92 said:

This guy is weird.  He literally wants your family on screen so he can get his happy on.  That to me is a bit of a reach on the creepy side.  

It does set off the creepy man alarm doesn’t it. 

• Love 5

41 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

He's literally messed up lol. What a weirdo!

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Copying my reaction from Facebook group here 💖

With all the negativity going around i fully understand the decision. I personally LOVE this kind of content as i do some missing persons research myself and these cases are very intrigueging! 💖

I once joked about how i would be disappointed if Rooney wasn't narrating, but i don't really mind who it is as it sounds good either way. Good job on deciding to keep that undisclosed as they might have been harassed as well. Do people really harass someone over this stuff though?! I mean, anyone following your forum online could've seen you guys commenting on stuff as usual.. while most people might have been genuinly concerned, it's not that hard to find out you're fine as it is. 

The way i see it after following a few YT's, the more you tell about your personal life, the more people want to know and claim to be entitled to know. Which is something i've also seen on this group. Like, as if anyone ever is entitled to know... 🙄 So i think, especially with younger children being part of the crew, it's deff a smart move to keep things closed off. You never know what kind of creep might be stalking and harassing them as you'd go along.. and you've already been in some sketchy situations as far as i've seen.

I love the content and will deff keep following!

Wishing you all a safe and loving time all the way form The Netherlands 💖😁 if you ever decide to fly over here, send me a message! I know a few good locations for urban exploring or historical war scènes. One of which includes a nice little town where the queen of our country resided in WW1.

.... P.s. Rooney. I swear i'm not a stalker 🤣✌️ ain't nobody got time for that!

• Love 9

Watching EWU Crew videos and other channels are way better than TV any day/night -- just as long as you don't add commercials.

And whomever the narrator is, good job. Maybe or not, sound like optimus prime.

• Love 4

4 minutes ago, wimc said:

Watching EWU Crew videos and other channels are way better than TV any day/night -- just as long as you don't add commercials.

And whomever the narrator is, good job. Maybe or not, sound like optimus prime.

I've got a select few channels I watch. EWU, WonderHussy, Aces Adventures, RnK All Day, Carpetbagger, and The Proper People as my top exploration/travel channels. Nothing like a line of fresh content from multiple creators to snort up!!!

• Love 2

hey EWU Crew, i get it. i always look forward to seeing what you come up with next. do what you enjoy! and thank for sharing everything you all have done in person and everything you create in the future!

• Love 6
  • Thanks 1

We have no plans for the second channel at this time. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

1452037587_marloagain.PNG.1e9205700f3aa574675645d3850b7329.PNG

I have never talked to Marlo even once and he will not stop trying to contact me over and over again and register here on the forum. The harassment doesn't stop. Here is yet another comment he has left on our YouTube channel just a couple minutes ago. Yes, this is not creepy guy behavior at all. 🙄🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

1452037587_marloagain.PNG.1e9205700f3aa574675645d3850b7329.PNG

I have never talked to Marlo even once and he will not stop trying to contact me over and over again and register here on the forum. The harassment doesn't stop. Here is yet another comment he has left on our YouTube channel just a couple minutes ago. Yes, this is not creepy guy behavior at all. 🙄🤣

He just made another account - Marlo3

• Love 2

Hey EWU crew! It's good to hear directly from the source about what is going on. I was getting genuinely concerned about your "disappearance"! I wish we could have seen this post a couple weeks ago tho.

I like the "new" old style content because it is very well researched and very well edited in my opinion.  Still, I think a lot of subscribers miss seeing the happy family doing interesting things, I know I do.

As they say, it is what it is. So keep cracking on and do what you love to do. If you really enjoy the "work" that you do, then it's not really "work" after all!

Looking forward to the future of EWU and can't wait for the next vids

73 and take care...

• Love 8