EWU Emma

What happened to EWU Crew!? ORIGINAL EXPLORE WITH US CREW MISSING? WHAT HAPPENED TO BOB, EMMA, & FAMILY!?

I will always support EWU. Truthfully I like the old explore videos.  But.  I respect EWU &  like them very much.  It dosent matter what content. They are my good friends. I am Happy that they have been successful. I am very Proud of You EWU !. You earned every SUB and every Thumbs Up.  I will continue to follow.

Regards from Ody Slim 

For the Haters, This one for you!

D.A.C & Hank 3.jpg

• Love 10

kirk.PNG.2b7594c2dd252c97906db2a18e7f1b88.PNG

Comments like this are why we didn't originally bother to make a point out of explaining the new format. Some people will still be whiny cunts. Instead of just unsubscribing and moving on, they're going to stick around and complain like this is something life changing for them. Whining isn't going to change a thing. This is our new format. People like this need to get a life and move on.

• Love 9
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarah Hreha said:

I’ve recently stopped scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and really limited twitter too. I was feeling very anxious especially from seeing certain things on Facebook lately and started having daily panic attacks. It’s been a couple weeks and what a difference it makes not scrolling through Facebook! So much negativity on social media, it’s really good to get away from it! (I still check my group pages though, like the EWU page!) Trying to stick to more positive things, which includes this EWU forum website! I’m glad you guys are doing what’s best for you and what makes you happy! And I do enjoy the new content, the videos have been very well made! Keep up the good work EWU! 💛🐺💛

So true, many social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are full of negativity and ever since we closed the Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts, I couldn't be happier. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

Hiya Everyone! 😁 

Well I absolutely love the way the channel is heading! 😍

I love these type of videos and completely understand and back Ya'll 💯 % in what you're doing and I am so glad that you are now making content that you all enjoy making 😊

😱This is only my second post🙈 😕 I will contribute more hopefully when my life slows down. 

you rock GIF by Chippy the dog

• Love 7

Emma I loved the old content but I love the newer one more. I understand not revealing the narrators identity because we all know how haters are, they will try to talk smack and do dumb sh+t. We even understand why you guys left social media for people being so toxic. I will support EWU, still love the new content you guys post and we respect your decisions.

• Love 8

Of course at the same time, the positive effect the OG format videos had on desert and remote area explores will probably be quite significant whenever this pandemic finally comes to a controllable conclusion. If anything, the EWU crew did it right for the territory(I honestly still see more Northeast/East Coast explore channels and vids than I do anything based out of the southwest). They seemed to have more or less lived close to the action and respected the lands they traversed through and through. These click-baity explorers based out of downtown LA or whatever urban landscape that shovel out the low-brow content like coal into the furnace seemed to be doing it all for the views and the shock value. EWU on the other hand has shown us more of the desert than any of us even living there have seen in years. Many secrets and mysteries abound in the vast expanse of CA/NV/AZ/UT. Let their exit from the OG format not be a sad end, but a new beginning for both the channel and a continued inspiration for us as viewers.

But that goes without saying. For the newfound explorers picking this up as hobby is stay safe, be respectful towards the land, use the videos as a guide, and don't end up becoming a story yourself.

taking-the-back-887c6d0dc8.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 1

@Sarah Hreha

"I’ve recently stopped scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and really limited twitter too. I was feeling very anxious especially from seeing certain things on Facebook..."

Four days ago I signed up with Facebook. Three days ago I signed off. I CAN'T stand Facebook. I have tried so many times. I think my longest stay was just over a month. I have to be true to myself. I hate Facebook and I can't even join their lousy site for my favourites like EWU. Sorry EWU I won't be using Facebook. There's must be something better but I know that toxicity exist on most social networks. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

@Sarah Hreha

"I’ve recently stopped scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and really limited twitter too. I was feeling very anxious especially from seeing certain things on Facebook..."

Four days ago I signed up with Facebook. Three days ago I signed off. I CAN'T stand Facebook. I have tried so many times. I think my longest stay was just over a month. I have to be true to myself. I hate Facebook and I can't even join their lousy site for my favourites like EWU. Sorry EWU I won't be using Facebook. There's must be something better but I know that toxicity exist on most social networks. 

Living in a small town, I never had that many friends around here. It's my window to the outside world and some of those bicycle events that I usually go out to. Also keeps me in touch with family in different parts of the globe. Getting rid of it is pretty easy for some. But for the rest of us, it's like going dark once we completely push it to the side.

• Love 5

Just now, bentstrider83 said:

Living in a small town, I never had that many friends around here. It's my window to the outside world and some of those bicycle events that I usually go out to. Also keeps me in touch with family in different parts of the globe. Getting rid of it is pretty easy for some. But for the rest of us, it's like going dark once we completely push it to the side.

@bentstrider83 yes socializing with long distant friends is a plus for Facebook. That is why I keep trying. But their intrusiveness is beyond medling. I would be going off topic if I continue. 

I love this site.

• Love 6

You guys think Bob and Emma still sticking around on here while they still moving on ?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

@EWU Emma I personally love ALL the videos yourself and the EWU family put out.  Haters will always hate and ALWAYS will wish they are doing what you are doing.  But truth be told, they just cant and have to hate on the successful ones.  Keep the great videos coming!  You guys rock!

• Love 8

12 hours ago, Sarah Hreha said:

I’ve recently stopped scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and really limited twitter too. I was feeling very anxious especially from seeing certain things on Facebook lately and started having daily panic attacks. It’s been a couple weeks and what a difference it makes not scrolling through Facebook! So much negativity on social media, it’s really good to get away from it! (I still check my group pages though, like the EWU page!) Trying to stick to more positive things, which includes this EWU forum website! I’m glad you guys are doing what’s best for you and what makes you happy! And I do enjoy the new content, the videos have been very well made! Keep up the good work EWU! 💛🐺💛

Facebook, Twitter, redit... all disgusting. 

• Love 5
  • Like 3

Hello Ewu People!

Well, that is no good news to me.

Why I subscribed to the EWU channel?

I subscribed the channel early on. The exploring was the whole point. I live in Germany and I have no access to old wooden cabins in the USA. Also being a huge fan of western movies or games (RDR2 of course) and in general I realy like the USA which also plays a role in here. 

The videos have shown the environment slowly and you could realy catch the detail of these places. I enjoyed it.

Later on the cutting of your videos became faster and quicker so it was harder to catch environmental details. At the same time though it became more personal because you've started to talk and show your faces more often which was cool because now you could actually see the people who let you explore the USA/Nevada with them through their lenses.

What I expected for the future now was more a mix between the personal and the exploration part on camera because I found it could have been a little more balanced. I also wrote it down once in the chatbox.

That of course doesn't mean that I didn't like the content, it is just feedback from me. We all grow on feedback. Me coming from the 3D art it is actually a crucial point of getting better in what I'm doing. There is a school in Hollywood called Gnomon and one of the founders got asked "what makes the rockstars in the classes so much better then the others?" He answered "they actually listening to feedback". I believe that this comes down to everything what people do. It is importent.  I should mention that this school has a placement rate of 97% which is high for the US when it comes to the entertainment industry.

Now the internet and especially as a youtuber I can only imagine it is the roughest place you can be in to get feedback on. However, as a professional you have to stay above your feelings and read between the lines.

If someone says "robotic voice" and you get angry at that then this is not the way how you grow. Why not think if his core point actually somehow makes sense? 

For my part I have to say that I had exactly the same thought on this when I watched the newer videos. Either it sounds a little robotic or a little to much entertaining for the actual topic. In the end these are murder cases where families and friends have a terrifying experience.

Now please don't call me a hater because I am not. I just try to leave some feedback here. The reason why I found the previous videos about cases more intersting is maybe the fact that you didn't try to do it professional. All the voiceovers were familiar and it sounded authentic. If you do it professional like a documentary then I can just advice you watch documentaries and steal, then mix it together in your own style. 

I realy recommend the whole video but the timestamp I'm referring to is at 8:30:

In case you are interested. This is why artist steal (in their own way). PS: The feedback part is at 19:00.

So. My disappointment goes with the fact that you guys didn't cut yourself of from all of the haters and strange people on the internet. You actually wasted to much energy on them even mentioning them in your videos or forum posts or whatnot. I would not even know who this weird indian nerd guy was when you would not have mentioned him. I also posted a thread on this here. Why wasting time on that? Why not putting more energy into the next video? Trying to improve? Trying to grow as an artist/explorer? I've never heard Quentin Tarantino or any big producers of making a big deal off of haters. Why they should? They actually have NO TIME to do so. If you do this thing in the entertainment industry you have to marry it. A lightweight friendship won't be possible! My point is: all of the haters don't have ANY room in your art which is making videos, building up a community and so on. Actually as a professional and this goes with my opinion you are not even allowed to mention them.

I hope you change your minds, don't give a flying Fk about haters and go straight forward while listening to feedback. Other then that I wish you luck!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

@bentstrider83 yes socializing with long distant friends is a plus for Facebook. That is why I keep trying. But their intrusiveness is beyond medling. I would be going off topic if I continue. 

I love this site.

Yea, keeping in touch with friends and family I don’t get to see much is really the only thing keeping me from completely deleting my Facebook account. I check notifications like if someone tags me or something, and when there’s a new post in one of my group pages. But that’s it. Otherwise it’s just too much negativity that really brings me down and it’s not worth it.

• Love 7

22 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

Great to hear.

To all you nosy trolls hovering and ready to pounce on anything you can get your hands on, this EWU Crew member is fully behind EWU AND THEIR NEW FORMAT.

Well said! I totally agree!!

• Love 7

22 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

simply changing up their YouTube content?

I'm not trying to be rude, but based on what you copy and pasted for the most part, from the Facebook Group. This is more than a simple content change.. You are using narrator's, so you have basically removed yourselves from the channel entirely. The only thing left of the channel is the name and old videos at this point. Also, the last video that was uploaded. Was a video that other content providers have also done. Each is own I guess. If people want to still follow the channel, then that is up to them. 

• Dislike Post 6

56 minutes ago, Adamsavage79 said:

I'm not trying to be rude, but based on what you copy and pasted for the most part, from the Facebook Group. This is more than a simple content change.. You are using narrator's, so you have basically removed yourselves from the channel entirely. The only thing left of the channel is the name and old videos at this point. Also, the last video that was uploaded. Was a video that other content providers have also done. Each is own I guess. If people want to still follow the channel, then that is up to them. 

There's a lot to unpack here.

First of all, you're quoting where I was saying it was ridiculous for people to attack our family because we're changing our YouTube content, as if you're trying to justify people harassing us for changing our content. That's incredibly fucking weird.

So, Adam... if you change jobs, should people harass you, attack you and your family, and try to research your kids... simply because you're changing jobs?

I'm not trying to be rude, but based on what you copy and pasted for the most part, from the Facebook Group.

Yes, EWU Rooney copied and pasted this post on the Facebook group. What exactly is wrong with that? LOL. You do realize it was posted here first?

This is more than a simple content change.

Yes, and? Your point is? We aren't allowed to run OUR channel the way we want to? We have to run it by Adamsavage79 first? LMAO.

Imagine you decided to change jobs and strangers try to tell you that it's more than just a simple job change, you MUST stick to your original job! No matter HOW much you like the new job!

You are using narrator's, so you have basically removed yourselves from the channel entirely.

Again, and? We aren't allowed to remove ourselves from our own channel if we wish? Do you think we're just your little pets and we need to do your bidding to entertain you?

It's SO bizarre how you have this attitude where you think you can make our life decisions for us. You think you own us or something? Who do you think you are, where you can tell us what we can and can't do? 

If we wanted to QUIT YouTube, we couldn't quit because Adam says we can't remove ourselves from the channel? LMAO!

Also, the last video that was uploaded. Was a video that other content providers have also done.

I really don't understand your point here. There are many channels that cover the same cases, just as there are many other exploring channels. Welcome to the internet, buddy, where multiple people can cover the same subject and put their own spin on it!

• Love 9

Oh shit, we better go back to doing something we don't enjoy as much because Adam and a few others demand it ... seems legit. 🤣

• Haha 8

Hi Emma, i know i was worried with best intentions on how you guys were doing. yes the new content is different. i have been following you guys for years even before we knew faces and names that were behind the camera. i do miss the exploring but i do love the new episodes. yes i am still getting used to the new content. All i wanna say is i am just glad you guys are okay and doing well. im not here to even question who has been narrating because if you havent already told us then its not our place to ask. i do miss seeing you guys and hope one day we get to see you guys back behind the camera again. much love ewu family.

• Love 9
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jess sloan said:

Hi Emma, i know i was worried with best intentions on how you guys were doing. yes the new content is different. i have been following you guys for years even before we knew faces and names that were behind the camera. i do miss the exploring but i do love the new episodes. yes i am still getting used to the new content. All i wanna say is i am just glad you guys are okay and doing well. im not here to even question who has been narrating because if you havent already told us then its not our place to ask. i do miss seeing you guys and hope one day we get to see you guys back behind the camera again. much love ewu family.

Thank you SO much, Jess! We don't have any plans to ever go back in front of the camera, but we will always be behind the camera! Just like in the Keddie Cabin video, we actually went there to capture our own footage and show the location the story happened! We're hoping to do that A LOT more often in future videos! 🤗💕

• Love 10

On 6/24/2020 at 10:33 PM, Ody Slim said:

For the Haters, This one for you!

D.A.C & Hank 3.jpg

Feel the same... above image.

Always stand behind whatever content EWU Crew as individuals and/or as a family adds/shares.

If I could do more to help, I would.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Oh shit, we better go back to doing something we don't enjoy as much because Adam and a few others demand it ... seems legit. 🤣

Fucking animals.  If they don’t agree with or don’t like the change they know where the door is at. I’m sure everyone can part ways and still be happy.  But apparently some people want more than your guys explanations. Not quite sure what they want but here they are demanding whatever. 

• Love 4

17 hours ago, Adamsavage79 said:

And if you want to leave the channel have at it. No one is stopping you but you 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnney said:

And if you want to leave the channel have at it. No one is stopping you but you 

Exactly! It's so weird how these people have a huge selection of exploring YouTube channels they could move onto and watch, but instead, they're going to stick around and harass a family... trying to force us to stay on camera! It's bizarre!

• Love 7

Just now, EWU Emma said:

Exactly! It's so weird how these people have a huge selection of exploring YouTube channels they could move onto and watch, but instead, they're going to stick around and harass a family... trying to force us to stay on camera! It's bizarre!

Damn you Emma!  Get back out there before we get the whip!  

• Love 1
  • Haha 8