• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Emma

What happened to EWU Crew!? ORIGINAL EXPLORE WITH US CREW MISSING? WHAT HAPPENED TO BOB, EMMA, & FAMILY!?

Lately, we've gotten a lot of questions asking us what happened to us.

Are we missing!?

Did we die!?

Did someone get sick!?

Most people are simply genuinely concerned about us and want to make sure we're okay. A huge thank you to you guys for caring.

Others, however, think something horrible has happened to us and decided the perfect thing to do is start harassing us as they believe we're dealing with something horrible.

Some of them have even taken it upon themselves to start doing "research", including on the children of the family.

research.PNG.500d4457fbedf9a13ec20b9f1fb95192.PNG

Sounds totally normal.

433738513_dogshit.PNG.739e6d9816dd4d5744200257bb444aaa.PNG

Luckily, the majority of people aren't ANYTHING like THIS...

Because if one of us died or got terribly sick, internet harassment would be SO nice to deal with.

Luckily, we are okay, but I can only imagine how horrible it would be to deal with this type of harassment if we were dealing with a personal tragedy as some actually think.

The simple answer is we are perfectly fine and the channel is just changing its content.

Not everyone will like the content and that's fine, it's your personal preference.

If you don't enjoy it, we completely understand, but that's the direction we are heading in and won't be going back to the old content ... sorry! 

We LOVE creating this content and the answer is no, the channel will never be back to old-style exploring.

We changed our content because we LOVE making this type of content, MUCH MORE than the old content.

The good news is there are plenty of awesome exploring channels for you to enjoy around YouTube.

But who are the new narrators!?

The new narrators will not be disclosed as we believe in respecting people's privacy.

We did not enjoy narrating, so we have others doing it now and they do a fantastic job. 

Why was my comment insulting the new narrators/asking who they are/asking why the change removed!?

We don't want our narrators to see insults aimed towards them, that isn't very nice.

Again, we also respect their privacy.

We have been also removing comments asking about the change because we will never be going back to the old content and we don't have time to answer every single comment about this. We are also not going to be arguing with people about it, it's a decision we have made after much consideration and discussion and it's final. 

The comments also aren't pertinent to the video.

But your Instagram/Twitter is gone!

Our Instagram account was closed up months ago before the content change.

Anyone who followed me on Twitter knows we hated Twitter and that's why we closed our Twitter accounts. We simply don't like social media and find it to be a boring time sink. We want to focus on making videos.

Believe it or not, we didn't start a YouTube channel to blow up our egos, but instead out of a love of making videos. The first two years and 300,000 + subscribers of the channel, we never showed ourselves, only my Dad's voice could ever be heard. We make videos because it's fun, we DO NOT WANT TO BE STARS, nor are we stars as some seem to think. We are just a normal family who enjoys spending time together and making content for YouTube. 

We want to make the best content we possibly can, and that means having top notch voice acting. Like I said above, we didn't enjoy recording voiceovers and weren't happy with how they sounded. We want to make the best videos we possibly can, so instead, we changed narrators.

We are constantly striving to improve our videos. Like I said, we didn't do this for ego, so if improving the content means cutting ourselves out of the equation, then so be it.

Wow, the editing is SO trash now!

That's funny, we are still editing our own videos as we always have in the same exact style.

We hired someone to edit one video and weren't happy with it, so we're back to editing our own.

Are you ever coming back!? I'm unsubscribing!

No, we will never be "coming back". Not everyone will enjoy the new content, and as said earlier, that's fine. There's plenty of exploring channels for you to enjoy. Please feel free to unsubscribe if you don't enjoy the new content, we would do the same, so no hate intended!

• Love 15
  • Like 1

Emma, I still love the new content. Just as much as I liked the old. I understand why you guys left social media. I haven't been on any social media much the last month. I respect the privacy of the narrators. I think they're doing an awesome job! I'm not sure why people think something happened to you guys? Maybe I missed something. I hope all is well 😊

• Love 8
  • Like 1

Best wishes to the EWU Family. May you prosper in everything you do.

Have a wonderful time with your new content!

• Love 9

3 minutes ago, Christie said:

Emma, I still love the new content. Just as much as I liked the old. I understand why you guys left social media. I haven't been on any social media much the last month. I respect the privacy of the narrators. I think they're doing an awesome job! I'm not sure why people think something happened to you guys? Maybe I missed something. I hope all is well 😊

Hey Christie, I'm SO glad to hear you like the new content! We've been working really hard to try to improve lately!

Basically, rumors started to swirl around after the new narrator voices that we were missing, someone in the family died, or someone in the family got sick.

While many kind people were genuinely concerned and we really appreciated it, a very small segment of toxic people decided to start harassing us as they also believed we were dealing with a family tragedy.

The internet can be a very sick place at times.

We remove all the comments pertaining to these changes because the small segment of toxic people will start to bandwagon under them, harassing us, demanding to know who the new narrators are, or insulting the new narrators and demanding us to be back when that will not be happening.

The last thing I would ever think to do is start harassing someone, insulting them, and targeting their children if I thought something was seriously wrong, but alas, there are some very disturbed individuals in the world who feel very entitled.

Regardless of the toxic people on the internet, we really appreciate the people who really cared and wanted to make sure we were okay. 😊💓

• Love 8
  • Like 4

I guess exploring also includes missing person searches you guys were doing - I don't see many people doing that on Youtube. Missing person searches were the best imo. Don't get me wrong, I like the new content, however, I'll miss the old content.

• Love 5
  • Like 2

@EWU Emma some of your new format content had folklore/historical topics - the giants. Are the contents going to be strictly missing persons or have a bit of other stuff?

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Dicks will be dicks. As long as there is an internet, there will be dicks.
That post reads like someone I know, but who knows.
To quote the infamous Richard C Hoagland, "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
Personally I was fonder of your old content rather than what you are doing now, but that's me and just my opinion, FWIW.
The sub-Reddit has turned into a bash session, so I am going to close it down.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

What's ironic is the fact that we have actually gone back to our roots with our "new" content. For the first two years and 300,000 + subs, we never showed ourselves, we did missing persons cases (Nan Dixon), and all you heard was my boring voice! Emma didn't even talk in any videos for the first two years on YouTube! 🤣 So it's kind of amusing when people mention going back to the "old type of content". 

I am actually very excited about this new content and channel direction, and it's actually fun to make again. Just like when we started, we can focus on having fun exploring the locations that we do explore for b-roll. We also have big plans on going out and capturing b-roll on location whenever possible, using a high quality camera and gimbal (just like we did in the Keddie Cabin video). 

2 minutes ago, ArcticThunder said:

@EWU Emma some of your new format content had folklore/historical topics - the giants. Are the contents going to be strictly missing persons or have a bit of other stuff?

We plan on covering any topics that interest us, might even do some more Area 51, but we don't really want to mention much about that because of some weirdo who goes by the name AWC. We have some interesting plans for Area 51, and it's not what anyone will expect, but the question is whether or not we will be able to pull it off. 

We have big plans looking forward with hiring some private detectives to help us on some cases, buying a Travel Trailer so we can get out to locations and search and capture b-roll for videos, etc. We won't be in the search videos of course, but we will capture our searches in first person. 

• Love 12
  • Like 3

Great to hear.

To all you nosy trolls hovering and ready to pounce on anything you can get your hands on, this EWU Crew member is fully behind EWU AND THEIR NEW FORMAT.

• Love 9
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Area 51 Rider said:

Dicks will be dicks. As long as there is an internet, there will be dicks.
That post reads like someone I know, but who knows.
To quote the infamous Richard C Hoagland, "On the internet, no one knows you're a dog."
Personally I was fonder of your old content rather than what you are doing now, but that's me and just my opinion, FWIW.
The sub-Reddit has turned into a bash session, so I am going to close it down.

What subreddit?

• Love 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

What's ironic is the fact that we have actually gone back to our roots with our "new" content. For the first two years and 300,000 + subs, we never showed ourselves, we did missing persons cases (Nan Dixon), and all you heard was my boring voice! Emma didn't even talk in any videos for the first two years on YouTube! 🤣 So it's kind of amusing when people mention going back to the "old type of content".

You do not have a boring voice, actually, it's enthusiastic. Don't remember it being boring in the earlier days either.

I remember you guys not showing your faces for a while. I was a voicechaser (person who sought the find the faces to cartoon characters - I know I'm a nerd) when I was younger, lol, it's weird...it's like I have to put a face to the voice. The first video I remember seeing your faces was that sheriff dude by the area 51 bus. Oh, I was so ecstatic to finally put a face to the voice, lol (shhh, it's the nerd in me).

22 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I am actually very excited about this new content and channel direction, and it's actually fun to make again. Just like when we started, we can focus on having fun exploring the locations that we do explore for b-roll. We also have big plans on going out and capturing b-roll on location whenever possible, using a high quality camera and gimbal (just like we did in the Keddie Cabin video).

Very cool! I recently watched the giants video, it was awesome!

23 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

We have big plans looking forward with hiring some private detectives to help us on some cases, buying a Travel Trailer so we can get out to locations and search and capture b-roll for videos, etc. We won't be in the search videos of course, but we will capture our searches in first person. 

That sounds like an adventure in itself! Very intriguing and awesome!

Congrats and good luck!!!

• Love 8

I will understand Emma ,  if this what you and your family want to turn on new leaf then we will respect that . 
Us all fans will miss your old content but you Bob and the others are absolute wonderful and great people . 
And yes the Internet can be a dark cruel place sometimes .  

• Love 6
  • Like 1

Totally understand getting back behind the scenes. The entire family in there was cool for a bit. But even I knew that couldn't last long with all the weird drama being directed at the crew.

And yes, EWU Bob has an outstanding voice. I liken it to a west coast version of Robb from RnK All Day!! 

• Love 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

Hey Christie, I'm SO glad to hear you like the new content! We've been working really hard to try to improve lately!

Basically, rumors started to swirl around after the new narrator voices that we were missing, someone in the family died, or someone in the family got sick.

While many kind people were genuinely concerned and we really appreciated it, a very small segment of toxic people decided to start harassing us as they also believed we were dealing with a family tragedy.

We remove all the comments pertaining to these changes because the small segment of toxic people will start to bandwagon under them, harassing us, demanding to know who the new narrators are, or insulting the new narrators and demanding us to be back when that will not be happening.

The last thing I would ever think to do is start harassing someone, insulting them, and targeting their children if I thought something was seriously wrong, but alas, there are some very disturbed individuals in the world who feel very entitled.

Regardless of the toxic people on the internet, we really appreciate the people who really cared and wanted to make sure we were okay. 😊💓

I figured you guys were ok since your dad was still commenting on here. I figured if anything was going on he would keep us posted, or keep it private. I'm so glad everyone is good! And yes, the internet can be a horrible place! I would never treat someone that way if they had a tragedy in their family, some people are sick!!

• Love 6
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

We plan on covering any topics that interest us, might even do some more Area 51, but we don't really want to mention much about that because of some weirdo who goes by the name AWC. We have some interesting plans for Area 51, and it's not what anyone will expect, but the question is whether or not we will be able to pull it off. 

I'm glad you're having fun making videos again. That's how it should be! I only meant the "new" content as in, not exploring. I love it all 😂

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I'm glad to hear you are all well. I enjoy the new content and they are excellent! I wouldn't have expected any less. I will miss your explores though. I enjoyed the way you all interacted with each other and it gave a glimpse into what a great family you are. I think you did a great job narrating too! I do I understand why you're going behind the scenes though. I've been here for quite a while now and have seen the horrible things directed at you. It's very important that you enjoy what you do too. The fact you didn't like the previous content would have come through sooner or later and it would have hurt the channel. I'm really glad you found your niche and I"m looking forward to your future videos!

• Love 6
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

433738513_dogshit.PNG.739e6d9816dd4d5744200257bb444aaa.PNG

Just wanted to add to this comment - "Oasisinthedesert" has joined the forum twice leaving comments like this and even posted on Reddit bashing us.

It stuns me that someone like him thinks we are his personal circus act, not a living, breathing family with our own interests and feelings.

Can you imagine being a grown man treating a family like this for simply changing up their YouTube content?

Oasisinthedesert (you're so obsessed, I know you're going to be reading this, Larry) - you're literally attacking a family personally for changing their YouTube content.

Are you kidding me? This dude is acting like we did something to him personally.

It's shameful and he should be embarrassed for acting like such a baby.

Apparently, he thinks we need to cater our content to him and him specifically.

Some people are so entitled that it blows my mind and makes me wonder how he would like it if we went to his business and told him how dog shit it is.

I really don't think Larry would like that.

• Love 7
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Christie said:

I'm glad you're having fun making videos again. That's how it should be! I only meant the "new" content as in, not exploring. I love it all 😂

Sorry Christie, and anyone else who may have thought my comment about the "new" content was directed at you, this was directed at some who left aggressive and angry comments on YouTube, not anyone here. 🙂

• Love 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EWU Emma said:

Just wanted to add to this comment - "Oasisinthedesert" has joined the forum twice leaving comments like this and even posted on Reddit bashing us.

It stuns me that someone like him thinks we are his personal circus act, not a living, breathing family with our own interests and feelings.

Can you imagine being a grown man treating a family like this for simply changing up their YouTube content?

Oasisinthedesert (you're so obsessed, I know you're going to be reading this, Larry) - you're literally attacking a family personally for changing their YouTube content.

Are you kidding me? This dude is acting like we did something to him personally.

It's shameful and he should be embarrassed for acting like such a baby.

Apparently, he thinks we need to cater our content to him and him specifically.

Some people are so entitled that it blows my mind and makes me wonder how he would like it if we went to his business and told him how dog shit it is.

I really don't think Larry would like that.

Incredible how people like Larry would attack a YouTube family for simply changing their content into something they enjoy more. What goes on in your brain to make you such a douche bag? How would Larry like it if people started showing up at his business telling them how much he sucks at doing his job because he decided to make a change in his business model? WTF is wrong with people? 

• Love 7
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Sorry Christie, and anyone else who may have thought my comment about the "new" content was directed at you, this was directed at some who left aggressive and angry comments on YouTube, not anyone here. 🙂

I didn't think that at all, I was just saying. 😊

• Love 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

Some of them have even taken it upon themselves to start doing "research", including on the children of the family

Yeah that’s creepy even by my standards. Assholes can’t just sit and wait for an explanation like a normal person. They want the chance at their 15 minutes of fame for cracking the “what happened to the EWU family mystery”.   F’n people anyway now days sticking their noses in where it doesn’t belong. 

• Love 5
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1

Hi all.  I made a few comments in the facebook EWU Crew, the 2nd one trying to offer all the critics a way to look at it from your perspective.   Not that I claim to know what's in your heads, but it sounds like I had a good idea.  People get invested in you guys, as seeing your family became an enjoyable routine.  It is for me, and my young daughter.  It was routine to see you all at the end of our night, watching youtube before sleep.  My daughter knows we get all sorts of free flights and stuff because my cousin is an Exec at Air Canada, so shes been bugging to go to Area 51 and some of the spots from the vids! 

From my perspective,  we are still with you because these vids are your creations!  And they are very interesting too!  I truly hope that in the future, even if only on this form, there would be a possible update on how everyone is.  You guys made me laugh a lot!  Emma and Bob:  my favorite has to be when you two spray painted signs for the camo dudes lol!  Not everyone would do that!  I'm proud to still be a patron, and I hope this move let's you focus on what makes you happiest!  It will also weed out the creeps and non loyal fans.  Its great that you manage and interact with your subs here too.  I was laughing at all the comments on Facebook about how you all sold the show and buggered off somewhere with your money!  

Keep it up, and lots of love❤

P.S. tell Rooney to have a few tonight...he took a lot of crap today when that first dropped!

Steve

• Love 9
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, EWU Emma said:

I’ve recently stopped scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and really limited twitter too. I was feeling very anxious especially from seeing certain things on Facebook lately and started having daily panic attacks. It’s been a couple weeks and what a difference it makes not scrolling through Facebook! So much negativity on social media, it’s really good to get away from it! (I still check my group pages though, like the EWU page!) Trying to stick to more positive things, which includes this EWU forum website! I’m glad you guys are doing what’s best for you and what makes you happy! And I do enjoy the new content, the videos have been very well made! Keep up the good work EWU! 💛🐺💛

• Love 9
  • Like 2