• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Spida

Loch ness monster (nessie)

The Loch Ness Monster, or Nessie (Scottish Gaelic: Uilebheist Loch Nis), is a cryptid in cryptozoology and Scottish folklore that is said to inhabit Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands. It is often described as large, long-necked, and with one or more humps protruding from the water. Popular interest and belief in the creature have varied since it was brought to worldwide attention in 1933.

Hoaxed_photo_of_the_Loch_Ness_monster.jpg.eb85dfd7c2c8ff4598350d100dc806a9.jpg

Loch Ness is 22.5 miles long and 1.7 mile wide, its also 226.96 metres deep. 

Many have searched for this monster and they say it's a hoax. I got to say for a hoax it still brings in 41 million pounds a year in tourism. 

They even made a cartoon about it

• Love 4

I love this since childhood. I do believe its hoax because many I mean many of the people who went to search for it came back just to say they never found anything not any clues. It's just a myth that was created to scare children for going to the lake (that's what I believe correct me if I'm wrong)

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Lochness stories go back to the mediaval times. Could there have been one or two and then perished? Or maybe the creatures are surfacing for food and then returning out at sea. Who really knows.  In Canada we have our east coast monster: Champ  from Lake Champlain - also in US) and our west coast monster Ogopogo (Okanagan Lake). I have seen crazy eddies on rivers before. South Niagara River are well known for unexplained ripples in the river. Their currents at times are very strange - various directions. Locals don't even take notice while newcomers are fixed on what they may believe to be someone or some animals in distress.

All this doesn't bring me any closer to a definite answer. Yes or no..maybe!

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Darzen Rodrigues said:

I love this since childhood. I do believe its hoax because many I mean many of the people who went to search for it came back just to say they never found anything not any clues. It's just a myth that was created to scare children for going to the lake (that's what I believe correct me if I'm wrong)

I think it's either a hoax or as they claim it was just a giant eel. 

I read they done sonar and things to find this monster. Sadly they didn't find any evidence but the lake is a good few mile long and a couple wide. Maybe the monster was on the opposite side, I don't know I'm only guessing bud. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

Lochness stories go back to the mediaval times. Could there have been one or two and then perished? Or maybe the creatures are surfacing for food and then returning out at sea. Who really knows.  In Canada we have our east coast monster: Champ  from Lake Champlain - also in US) and our west coast monster Ogopogo (Okanagan Lake). I have seen crazy eddies on rivers before. South Niagara River are well known for unexplained ripples in the river. Their currents at times are very strange - various directions. Locals don't even take notice while newcomers are fixed on what they may believe to be someone or some animals in distress.

All this doesn't bring me any closer to a definite answer. Yes or no..maybe!

Interesting that you mention the sea, I read the lake has got caves under it and it could be possible that one could lead to the sea. 

That's cool to read that we ain't the only ones with mythical monsters. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I said the following:

South Niagara River are well known for unexplained ripples in the river. 

Lol! The ripples are created by undertows. What I meant to say that Niagara River is home to strange appearing  ripples  that look odd to newcomers.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

A while back me and a girlfriend went to Inverness, Scotland, searching for the Loch Ness monster. It was a spontaneous trip but definitely worth it. We went to Loch Ness and camped by the lake for a couple of days. We didn’t see any signs of the monster but it was so adventurous! 

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Spida said:

I think it's either a hoax or as they claim it was just a giant eel. 

I read they done sonar and things to find this monster. Sadly they didn't find any evidence but the lake is a good few mile long and a couple wide. Maybe the monster was on the opposite side, I don't know I'm only guessing bud. 

Or maybe he's way deep down there and hides being a monster he could made a house for himself down there, still I don't know

• Love 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EWU Rooney said:

A while back me and a girlfriend went to Inverness, Scotland, searching for the Loch Ness monster. It was a spontaneous trip but definitely worth it. We went to Loch Ness and camped by the lake for a couple of days. We didn’t see any signs of the monster but it was so adventurous! 

Can confirm. No Loch Ness monster there.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

My next trip is to Scotland. I'll let you know when i get there, lol. I don't really believe, as it might as well be a whale or something. The Loch has a direct connection to the sea and the area is sparse enough to casually swim back and forth. Some people say it might even be a shark or even a small population of Plesiosaurus that might have survived for 65 million years.

Who knows... The world is full of surprises!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Juuth28 said:

My next trip is to Scotland. I'll let you know when i get there, lol. I don't really believe, as it might as well be a whale or something. The Loch has a direct connection to the sea and the area is sparse enough to casually swim back and forth. Some people say it might even be a shark or even a small population of Plesiosaurus that might have survived for 65 million years.

Who knows... The world is full of surprises!

Yep!

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Being from Scotland, we as a country don't want it being explained lol we love the romance of it being a water kelpie plus it brings so much tourism lol

Loch Ness is a huge Loch.. about 36 km long and 2.3 km wide and just under 240metres deep.. so with it being so vast anythings possible. 

• Love 4

17 hours ago, Wes26 said:

Being from Scotland, we as a country don't want it being explained lol we love the romance of it being a water kelpie plus it brings so much tourism lol

Loch Ness is a huge Loch.. about 36 km long and 2.3 km wide and just under 240metres deep.. so with it being so vast anythings possible. 

Count me in as a tourists lol! I've visited London so many times now i know the way, but Scotland is new to me. But interrailing gives a nice opportunity to travel around, so maybe as a honeymoon next year. Hopefully, when the UK is open for foreigners without isolation.... I love British and mainly Scottish folklore, there are sooo many aside from Nessie!

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It is nice in Scotland but it rains alot so best to pack a rain coat. I live close to Birmingham so not much better here 😂 

Anything is possible about nessie and I heard and read a few different things on what it could be. 

I'd love to know as with many on whether it's a real thing or just a hoax but I just love the story about it.

• Love 3

For the first time ever, even though I'm Scottish, a group of my friends and our wives decided to do a 4 day camping trip around the upper west coast of Scotland at the end of summer last year as 2 of my friends are relocating to Australia this year. I thought how impressive could it be, I mean I live here... but how wrong was I... I've never seen scenery like it.. simply breathtaking. You think you've seen the best scenery you can imagine then boom half an hour later its just made the last scenery look boring.. we ended our last night in Achmelvich Bay.. woke up to see a beach and sea that could of been in Greece. It was a total head twist. The water was crystal clear. Simply stunning. What made it better was most of the places we stayed and visited, ypu couldn't get cell coverage and no Internet.. it was like being a kid again when we didn't have these things. We travelled in 3 cars and communicated via walkie talkies. Was so fun especially watching my wife try to adjust to camping life and figuring out how she was gonna straighten her hair daily lol

• Love 4

7 hours ago, Spida said:

It is nice in Scotland but it rains alot so best to pack a rain coat. I live close to Birmingham so not much better here 😂 

Anything is possible about nessie and I heard and read a few different things on what it could be. 

I'd love to know as with many on whether it's a real thing or just a hoax but I just love the story about it.

Well i'm Dutch, so the train is not problem for me 🤣 basically the same as UK but a little more extreme even, haha. I mean, we're a country of which half of the country should quite literally be under water. It gets WET 🤣

Just heard the UK doesn't do quarantaine anymore with people from certain countries and Netherlands is in that list, so i might just go very soon...

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Juuth28 said:

Well i'm Dutch, so the train is not problem for me 🤣 basically the same as UK but a little more extreme even, haha. I mean, we're a country of which half of the country should quite literally be under water. It gets WET 🤣

Just heard the UK doesn't do quarantaine anymore with people from certain countries and Netherlands is in that list, so i might just go very soon...

Yes we lifted alot on the lockdown today, I think Scotland is waiting a bit longer but its only a week or 2.

Lucky you being over in Holland, wanna swap home's for awhile because I'd love to be there right now.

Hope though when you go you have a good relaxing time and don't forget your camera, just in case the monster shows up. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spida said:

Yes we lifted alot on the lockdown today, I think Scotland is waiting a bit longer but its only a week or 2.

Lucky you being over in Holland, wanna swap home's for awhile because I'd love to be there right now.

Hope though when you go you have a good relaxing time and don't forget your camera, just in case the monster shows up. 

You sure you want to, right now? 😜 There's loads of protests here at the moment. BLM is died down a little after violent outcomes. Corona measurements are being protested, who claim the democracy is dead and the country is in danger. And on the other hand farmers are protesting against nuttigen pollution measurements again. Just like they did last year but a LOT bigger. We're heading towards a possible civillian coup at the moment and The Hague and Amsterdam are hotspots too. 

But other than that, i'm glad our numbers in corona cases are down and we're slowly getting out of measurements though 1,5M (6ft) distancing is still a thing and no sight to when that ends. We'll see how it goes.  There even are rumors that they're trying to make the three Northern provincies independant from The Netherlands. Who knows how this all turns out. As a tourists i wouldn't want to be here right now. Thankfully the farmers protests are quite peacefull and without violence,. But chances on travelling through the country by cat is basically out of the question right now.

And thanks! Who knows we might run into eachother when i'm there. I'm not very touristy so i'll be popping over to some pubs and stuff for sure as well.

• Love 3

Gosh I didn't know about the troubles you're having over there. Think we should wait a month or 2 before we swap homes. I'm just joking with you but seriously though stay safe and keep away from the nutters if you can. 

I live close to Birmingham , its a good few hundred mile away from Loch Ness so maybe if you're down my way we could meet up at a pub and have a drink. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spida said:

Gosh I didn't know about the troubles you're having over there. Think we should wait a month or 2 before we swap homes. I'm just joking with you but seriously though stay safe and keep away from the nutters if you can. 

I live close to Birmingham , its a good few hundred mile away from Loch Ness so maybe if you're down my way we could meet up at a pub and have a drink. 

Oh it's safe, Just not very great for a tourist, haha. It's not going to be violent and if it does get to that point i'll be safe and sound at a remote location soon enough.

Same thing here though, if you ever do make the journey! It's a nice country, as long as you don't end up in the middle of a protest lol. I'm not too worried.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Juuth28 said:

Oh it's safe, Just not very great for a tourist, haha. It's not going to be violent and if it does get to that point i'll be safe and sound at a remote location soon enough.

Same thing here though, if you ever do make the journey! It's a nice country, as long as you don't end up in the middle of a protest lol. I'm not too worried.

Thanks, yeah I'll give you a shout if I can ever get over there. I'd love to explore the coffee shops in Amsterdam 😉 and the surrending area's. 

Hope though went you do pop over here that you get to explore Loch Ness and the many lovely places that we have. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spida said:

Thanks, yeah I'll give you a shout if I can ever get over there. I'd love to explore the coffee shops in Amsterdam 😉 and the surrending area's. 

Hope though went you do pop over here that you get to explore Loch Ness and the many lovely places that we have. 

I'll make sure to snap some great pics and post them! Who knows i'll bring my microscope and take some samples. You never know what's out there, haha. Thanks!

• Love 1
  • Like 2