• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Bob

Locations, Locations, Locations ... Share Them Or Keep Abandoned Locations Private?

Should You Keep Abandoned Locations Secret?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think, Should You Keep Abandoned Locations Secret?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (Please Elaborate Below)

My opinion is unapologetically selfish.

I think keeping places a secret is a good idea to prevent theft and vandalism.

However there is nothing more frustrating than seeing an amazing site online and getting stonewalled every time I ask for the location.  

So i want it to be a secret from everyone but me. 😅😅😇😇

• Haha 6

Interesting results, I was expecting to see a lot more no votes, but it's reassuring seeing so many yes and depends votes. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

On 12/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, EWU Bob said:

Yeah, that's the problem, I see so many comments in some of the videos of abandoned places where people say they would be taking everything they could fit in their vehicle!

Oh that's messed up.

My option would be you could share in a special forum that would have requirements like you would have to have like a 100 +'s or something and then be invited, also the mods could see the members posts and decide it the person is trustworthy. I doubt if the person who joined this forum and was a active participant they would be the type to destroy a cool mining site or such. In other words share with those who have proven not to be a as$%^le. 🙂

• Love 1
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, danhood said:

Oh that's messed up.

My option would be you could share in a special forum that would have requirements like you would have to have like a 100 +'s or something and then be invited, also the mods could see the members posts and decide it the person is trustworthy. I doubt if the person who joined this forum and was a active participant they would be the type to destroy a cool mining site or such. In other words share with those who have proven not to be a as$%^le. 🙂

I think that would be the only way to pull it off. Maybe an invite only club of something. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I’d say if there is a way to share with people you believe you can trust then do that. If there is no way to do that then I would keep them private. It’s just a shame that people destroy things or steal stuff that isn’t theirs.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brandi R said:

I’d say if there is a way to share with people you believe you can trust then do that. If there is no way to do that then I would keep them private. It’s just a shame that people destroy things or steal stuff that isn’t theirs.

It's so hard to figure out who is trustworthy, but at the same time, many of these places get vandalized anyway and I feel like a jerk for not letting other people go out and enjoy them. I am always torn on the issue of whether or not to share locations. The stupid and vandals and thieves ruin it for everyone. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

There are so many beautiful places out there and so many idiots that destroy them , I only share with people that show me their own pictures of exploring and that I know they definitely hate people

trashing the sites 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

It's so hard to figure out who is trustworthy, but at the same time, many of these places get vandalized anyway and I feel like a jerk for not letting other people go out and enjoy them. I am always torn on the issue of whether or not to share locations. The stupid and vandals and thieves ruin it for everyone. 

If you feel like people have already destroyed places and it makes you feel like a jerk for not sharing the location, then I would share the locations and just ask that they don’t come there and vandalize it. It sounds like you really want to share but you don’t want to feel like the reason if it gets destroyed. It wouldn’t be your fault if some jerks come and vandalize places because unfortunately it’ll probably happen either way. But that wouldn’t be your fault at all. I would just go ahead and share and then that way you don’t have to go back and forth in your head about it! Just my opinion! 😁

• Love 3

1 minute ago, Brandi R said:

If you feel like people have already destroyed places and it makes you feel like a jerk for not sharing the location, then I would share the locations and just ask that they don’t come there and vandalize it. It sounds like you really want to share but you don’t want to feel like the reason if it gets destroyed. It wouldn’t be your fault if some jerks come and vandalize places because unfortunately it’ll probably happen either way. But that wouldn’t be your fault at all. I would just go ahead and share and then that way you don’t have to go back and forth in your head about it! Just my opinion! 😁

Yeah, we'll try to find a middle ground to share with a select group of people who are most likely trustworthy. There are a few spots I know of that haven't been vandalized and are so hard to get too they are probably safe for now. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

Yeah, we'll try to find a middle ground to share with a select group of people who are most likely trustworthy. There are a few spots I know of that haven't been vandalized and are so hard to get too they are probably safe for now. 

Maybe share with your patrons. Just that way you see that they really want to support the channel and not be destructive. I’m by no means saying people that aren’t a patron don’t want to support but your kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with it. Maybe it’ll even help gain more patrons. It could be a win win

• Love 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandi R said:

Maybe share with your patrons. Just that way you see that they really want to support the channel and not be destructive. I’m by no means saying people that aren’t a patron don’t want to support but your kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place with it. Maybe it’ll even help gain more patrons. It could be a win win

i agree with that im not a patreon but i will be on payday lol

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Highlander said:

i agree with that im not a patreon but i will be on payday lol

I’m not a patron either but with the help of @Christie walking me through it I will be soon!! 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Thank you so much Brandi and Christie, 

I think it would be fun to have a locations club where everyone can share some of their locations with others who have proven, to the ability to prove on an online community, to be somewhat trustworthy. Make it so that everyone who is in the club has to share at least a few good locations when they first join. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I would definitely not disclose the specific area of any filmed location. You are always going to get that extremely small percentage of people with bad intentions, low morals and lack of self respect.

• Like 2