• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

EWU Bob

Locations, Locations, Locations ... Share Them Or Keep Abandoned Locations Private?

Should You Keep Abandoned Locations Secret?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Think, Should You Keep Abandoned Locations Secret?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends (Please Elaborate Below)

Many times on our videos we see people who are unhappy with the fact that we usually keep locations secret. Some think we do this in order to be mean, others think we do it because we are trespassing. The truth is, neither of these are actually true. The only reason we try to keep some locations secret is to try and prevent further destruction and vandalism of these locations. I am not sure it works though as it seems that every time we return to a location we kept secret, it's always destroyed more. What do you think? 

• Love 2

These untouched gems have started to become such rare finds, they just get trashed.  Sharing them publically I would 100% say no.  Having a locked down forum for a specific group members and releasing the locations there for trusted members, I think is the only way to responsibly share locations. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Karl said:

These untouched gems have started to become such rare finds, they just get trashed.  Sharing them publically I would 100% say no.  Having a locked down forum for a specific group members and releasing the locations there for trusted members, I think is the only way to responsibly share locations. 

Yeah, when it comes to those rare finds, I try hard to keep them private. The clock still ticking video is a prime example of this. One other channel was able to find it a year later and it was still in the exact same condition as when we visited. That's what I like to see! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I doubt I personally would get the chance to visit any of the locations you have been to, because I am on the other side of the US, but a general location would be great AFTER the video is posted. I am curious about the places, but doubt I would be able to go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CyberPro said:

I doubt I personally would get the chance to visit any of the locations you have been to, because I am on the other side of the US, but a general location would be great AFTER the video is posted. I am curious about the places, but doubt I would be able to go.

The only issue are those who live close enough to show up to plunder and pillage the locations. I can't tell you how many times I got messages from people who lives near a location who wanted the GPS so they could go there and grab this or grab that. 

• Like 1

I haven't been to any actual "Ghost Towns" but I have heard of people who visited a grabbed a souvenir, they later found that they had a spell of bad luck. I am not saying I believe in cursed objects or some such, but just relaying what I have heard. Likely better to be vague about the locations, but a general area of the state would be good.

2 minutes ago, CyberPro said:

I haven't been to any actual "Ghost Towns" but I have heard of people who visited a grabbed a souvenir, they later found that they had a spell of bad luck. I am not saying I believe in cursed objects or some such, but just relaying what I have heard. Likely better to be vague about the locations, but a general area of the state would be good.

It's also illegal if it's on public land, unless it's money or coins as they are exempt from the antiquities act. 

I will typically share locations to a select few.  

Most of the groups I wander around with are typically like minded people. We dont take Destroy.  Deface.  Defile.  Or otherwise ruin it for others brave or adventurous enough to go. 

Unfortunately the number of people that are like minded are few and far between.  I do believe this forum will be a great source of information about good locations.  Carefully shared between trusted individuals and or smaller regional groups.  

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, That other Dave said:

I will typically share locations to a select few.  

Most of the groups I wander around with are typically like minded people. We dont take Destroy.  Deface.  Defile.  Or otherwise ruin it for others brave or adventurous enough to go. 

Unfortunately the number of people that are like minded are few and far between.  I do believe this forum will be a great source of information about good locations.  Carefully shared between trusted individuals and or smaller regional groups.  

Yeah, we'll find a way to share locations with others who can be trusted, but the hard part is deciding who can be trusted. 

• Love 1

The best reliable people that I've found so far is 1. The coworker group.  2. The Sibling/Relative group.  3. The people you run into at 2:30 AM on the 6th floor of an abandoned giant recovery boiler looking for ghosts. Scaring the hell out of each other. 

I would have a hard time sharing locations to someone I've never met face to face.  Or felt I didn't know well enough.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, That other Dave said:

The best reliable people that I've found so far is 1. The coworker group.  2. The Sibling/Relative group.  3. The people you run into at 2:30 AM on the 6th floor of an abandoned giant recovery boiler looking for ghosts. Scaring the hell out of each other. 

I would have a hard time sharing locations to someone I've never met face to face.  Or felt I didn't know well enough.  

Very well put, and I couldn't agree more! 

• Like 1

Me personally, I like the whole keeping abandoned locations a secret. Mainly for the reasons stated above. We have to remember that there are people that seek enjoyment out of destroying locations for whatever reason, and that just ends up messing it up for the rest of the people that actually enjoy exploring.

african american facts GIF

• Like 2

I agree with what many people are saying. I think that unless there are certain trusted people who can know the location, it should otherwise be kept secret. Coming from an area where things get defaced very easily and quickly, it can be disheartening because how if left virtually untouched, these places can be so amazing 

• Like 1

I would like to know locations but understand why you don't share them. Maybe in this forum you could disclose more info. 

I'm not sure, I think putting in the work of finding the place on a map and then tracking it down in person makes you appreciate and respect it more. Versus just following gps coordinates that someone gave might make you a little more carless or disrespectful. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Many times on our videos we see people who are unhappy with the fact that we usually keep locations secret. Some think we do this in order to be mean, others think we do it because we are trespassing. The truth is, neither of these are actually true. The only reason we try to keep some locations secret is to try and prevent further destruction and vandalism of these locations. I am not sure it works though as it seems that every time we return to a location we kept secret, it's always destroyed more. What do you think? 

Your safety comes first always 🙂

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I rather enjoy how y’all keep the locations a secret.  I feel you’re correct Bob on trying to prevent further destruction and vandalism.  Virtually all of the abandoned places you visit has damage.  Who knows how many more Marian Harmon‘s are out there that regardless y’all have video proof of not destroying anything, would try and call in to harass y’all.  Or worse 😕

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

I rather enjoy how y’all keep the locations a secret.  I feel you’re correct Bob on trying to prevent further destruction and vandalism.  Virtually all of the abandoned places you visit has damage.  Who knows how many more Marian Harmon‘s are out there that regardless y’all have video proof of not destroying anything, would try and call in to harass y’all.  Or worse 😕

Some people take souvenirs, and I am torn on the issue. It seems most relics are either going to slowly decay or be destroyed by vandals. I have seen so many nice relics shot up or just destroyed for no reason at all. I often wonder, is it better that someone who appreciates it takes it and saves it, or is it better to leave it out there to rot or be destroyed?

I can't decide to be honest, but for me personally, I just leave it there as a personal preference and of course it's illegal on public land. There are of course a lot of private land that is wide open, not posted, etc, and the owners don't seem to mind or bother to put up signs or fences, so with their permission one can take relics. What do the rest of you think, is it better to leave it to be destroyed by mother nature or a vandal, or take it and save it? 

The senseless destruction of places I will never understand. People who kick out a wall just for fun and destroy our history is something that I can't wrap my head around. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder if there are any museums that might be interested in them?  Granted I’m not sure of legalities.   I definitely see your point and righteous concern.  People can be massive Inconsiderate ********! 

• Like 1

Sad, the last time I went to Tunnel Camp, some vandals have completely destroyed the remaining outhouse. Some bozos blew up (demonetized) the old concrete Vernon jail! So much history lost, and for what? 

• Sad 1

Too bad y’alls stalker doesn’t focus her time and energy on catching those scum! You know in this day and age the idiots who did that had to of recorded themselves doing it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, DavidFromTexas said:

Too bad y’alls stalker doesn’t focus her time and energy on catching those scum! You know in this day and age the idiots who did that had to of recorded themselves doing it. 

Yes, she has been harassing us for over 2 years, and tried to swat us live on stream in Riverside California! One of the things she tries to "expose" us for are some old coins we found in a long abandoned house (coins and money are not protected under the antiquities act) on public land. I am not sure how she thinks she is going to expose us with that when it's literally a video still up on YouTube! We didn't hide it from anyone! For two years she has been mentioning those stupid coins! She is obsessed with them LOL! 

200.gif

crazy lady GIF

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, EWU Bob said:

Yes, she has been harassing us for over 2 years, and tried to swat us live on stream in Riverside California! One of the things she tries to "expose" us for are some old coins we found in a long abandoned house (coins and money are not protected under the antiquities act) on public land. I am not sure how she thinks she is going to expose us with that when it's literally a video still up on YouTube! We didn't hide it from anyone! For two years she has been mentioning those stupid coins! She is obsessed with them LOL! 

crazy lady GIF

Oh yes, I remember that live stream well.  🤬 Still upset that witch caused y’all to stop the live streams.  I miss those 😞

• Sad 1

Aircraft Crash Sites
I visit and video document old aircraft crash sites, specifically military related. My bucket list currently contains SR-71 and A-12 sites, mainly in Nevada, that I haven't been to as yet. Some of these are better documented than others. Those that know where there are, rarely disclose this to others. I will give you a good example why.

Someone begged me for the coordinates of an A-12 crash site near Wendover, NV. Told me he was retired military, an Eagle Scout, etc etc etc. Promised me he would not only NOT take any debris, he wouldn't even touch any debris he found there.

Next I find out this f*** is selling debris parts from this crash site on eBay.

Consequently I will never give coordinates out to anyone again.

• Like 4

Yeah, that's the problem, I see so many comments in some of the videos of abandoned places where people say they would be taking everything they could fit in their vehicle!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1