• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Spida

Disappearance of Frank Morris and the anglin brothers

These 3 men are meant to of escaped alcatraz prison aka the rock back in 1962.

The story is so famous that they made a film around it. 

There are rumours that they did make it to land and freedom but most think they drowned in the bay. 

For those who don't know the story I'll try and explain or if you know more please comment. 

So the story goes that the 3 men may of known each other from previous sentences and they made a plan on escaping alcatraz. 

They made a hole in the wall in there cell 26285127_large(1).jpeg.a6c74d571dff0a973bbe7d7c22681fca.jpeg

It was only big enough to squeeze through and they made there way on top of the cell block to do the prep work for there escape. 352264442_large(2).jpeg.46cd2b7feb133ca36c37e2a48d3cef56.jpeg

Story goes that on here they made a raft and life jackets. 

They finally made there escape on 12th of June 1962 and was only noticed that they was missing when a prison officer was doing a routine bed check and he saw this1049739000_large(3).jpeg.8987b642ff3d2a99fe1e432c301990ad.jpeg

And touch the head that rolled off the bed138805472_large(4).thumb.jpeg.0c579b1ed16869663e42930943b7afcd.jpeg

It was made out of paper mashie. 

I thought its a interesting story that many folk speculate over. 

So what's your thoughts? Did they drown or escaped to freedom? 

Source that I got pics from https://www.fbi.gov/history/famous-cases/alcatraz-escape

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I love this story. I don't get tired reading about it. I would like EWU to cover alcatraz. There would be so many stories, from history, hauntings, life in prison, and escapees. 👍

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I have been to Alcatraz a few times, it's pretty cool. The first time it was basically a free for all. The Ferry ride to get there is pretty chill too. 

• Love 4

@EWU Bob got any pics or vids to share bud? Or any chance you going back soon and do a explore video. Would love to watch what you guys come up with. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ArcticThunder said:

I love this story. I don't get tired reading about it. I would like EWU to cover alcatraz. There would be so many stories, from history, hauntings, life in prison, and escapees. 👍

It's a very interesting read and I wonder if they made it to freedom or not. 

I guess alcatraz has got loads of stories to tell and would love to know more. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Supposedly John Anglin wrote a letter in 2013 to the SFPD. 

"My name is John Anglin. I escape from Alcatraz in June 1962 with my brother Clarence and Frank Morris. I'm 83 years old and in bad shape. I have cancer. Yes we all made it that night but barely!"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alcatraz-inmates-survived-infamous-1962-escape-letter-suggests/

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Thanks for that article @DavidFromTexas that was a interesting read. Shame though that they couldn't match the handwriting or fingerprints ect to that letter.

I read on a few places that they fled to brazil and I'll admit if I was them I'd goto somewhere where there's no extradition but that's only if they did make it to land. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Spida said:

@EWU Bob got any pics or vids to share bud? Or any chance you going back soon and do a explore video. Would love to watch what you guys come up with. 

No photos or videos, it was before cell phones were a common.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EWU Bob said:

Perfect excuse to go back bud and do a video. It'll be interesting in what you guys come up with.

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Spida said:

Perfect excuse to go back bud and do a video. It'll be interesting in what you guys come up with.

I'm with you one that. It would make a really cool video

• Love 3

6 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

The good ole days! 😎

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Spida said:

I am sure it's very strict now, nothing like it was when I went there. The government always has a way of ruining all the fun! 🤣

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, EWU Bob said:

I am sure it's very strict now, nothing like it was when I went there. The government always has a way of ruining all the fun! 🤣

Yes so right. The last time I checked they were still closed... Covid-19 Lockdown.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

Oh damn I remember those days well.  How did we survive? lol.   We had to find a payphone to make a call...and you better know the number you're calling!   I tell my son about those times, and he looks at me like I've lost my mind.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Yeah, it's funny when we get a comment on an old case from a younger viewer who thinks everyone had cell phones 40 + years ago (Nan Dixon). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Cell phones lol, we call them mobile phones here. No way your over 40 @EWU Bob I'm 40 and you look younger than me. I guessed around mid 30s. Kids today will never know how great things was back in the 80s.

So as nobody can really do a explore on alcatraz, what's everyone's thoughts on the actual escape. Did they or didn't they survive and made it to freedom? 

• Like 3

I think it's very regulated now, I wish I had a camera on the trips when I was there. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, DavidFromTexas said:

As far as I’m concerned being as they never found the bodies, they made it.  

I like to think that aswell bud, but maybe there raft sank and they got eaten by sharks. I don't know, there's a few different stories around what could or couldn't of happened. 

• Love 2

8 hours ago, EWU Bob said:

I think it's very regulated now, I wish I had a camera on the trips when I was there. 

Maybe some day you'll get chance to go back to alcatraz and take a camera with you. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1